If Thailand refused you, where would you live? And why?

sidjameson

12 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

even with it's less than stellar culinary offerings and rougher infrastructure.

I couldn't cope with the food ... so I only lasted a few days... on a flight back to Thailand ...wrong of me of course but I just could not believe how hard it was to get decent food at a reasonable price . Not junk food , that's easy and cheap. 

• Thanks 1

One of the great benefits of living in LoS (or indeed ANYwhere in Asia) is that if, like me, you don't spika de Asian, you don't have to hear people talking WOKE as they do in the Anglosphere.

Alas, this benefit is too easily cancelled out in these unsocial media days by simply going to an Angloshere media website to learn the latest news.

But to answer the thread question: Defo Spain (except for June to August).  Cheap fruit and wine and wonderful cities and trains (FAST trains) to whisk you between cities.   Seville or anywhere down south.

#2 would be Penang, Malaysia, but the local religion is not exactly hospitable to alcohol.

• Confused 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sandboxer said:

Lived 8 yrs in PI, then left because of their extreme covidiocy. Now 3rd year in Thailand, prolly 2 more and then back to PI. Thailand is cool but I feel more at home (and genuinely 'welcomed') in PI, even with it's less than stellar culinary offerings and rougher infrastructure.

didn't know a mathematical constant was a nice play to live and I used to hate math

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Bunny Silverhand said:

Vietnam.

Cheap, beautiful, modern enough, nice people, easy visa policy...

I thought Vietnam's visa policies made it impossible for long stay/retirement. Personally i think only Cambodia offers an option to Thailand.

• Thanks 1