Can you defend yourself?

georgegeorgia

11 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

Most likely not, so I carry Fox everywhere I go. A Thai police once asked me what I had in my pocket. I pulled out my Fox mace and showed him. Mace is illegal in Thailand so I was rather apprehensive. Likely for me, he thought it was an asthma inhaler.

Could contain:

Lol, that'll do wonders for your asthma!!

Fighting, no. Defensive blocking, certainly yes. Depending on your physical abilities and martial arts skills, one can calm down a situation quickly. Though the first step is always avoid an escalating altercation by taking a step back and speaking calmly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Plenty of training while young,had to use it just a few times.

Now for me in order to win a fight it will have to be close contact.

Grab me and you will be in for a painful surprise.

Just leave me alone will you?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, advancebooking said:

A light punch to the neck and run away is the best form of defence in serious situations where you are under threat. 

Only a knucklehead would engage in offensive action. Staying confident and calm is an imperative, never engage offensively unless there is absolutely no other option aside from defensive blocking. Outside of a military combat situation or a promoted fight ring, any well trained individual knows this. 

Edited by novacova
  • Like 1

In a prefect world you could have turned the other cheek and walked away as gracefully as possible.  In this world acting( literally )  brave and deal with the consequences seems to be  the best option. Most the time it ends with the aggressor backing down for numerous reasons.  You do have to pick your battles though and avoid being beat down hard.  At MC D's s I would have made my stand for better or worse because of video cameras and other people around.

13 minutes ago, novacova said:

Only a knucklehead would engage in offensive action. Staying confident and calm is an imperative, never engage offensively unless there is absolutely no other option aside from defensive blocking. Outside of a military combat situation or a promoted fight ring, any well trained individual knows this. 

sorry but nope

Just now, FritsSikkink said:

troll

Poster should only be allowed to use the word "troll" or that matter "deflection" twice a month.  it is sign of intellectual weakness. As for your fighting abilities, good for you.  better to be able to defend yourself than not.  Also great activity to stay fit.

• Like 1