Chinese Police to Patrol Tourist Hotspots in Thailand to Boost Tourist Confidence, Says Thai Prime Minister

webfact

6 minutes ago, RobU said:

The Farang police in Thailand are unpaid volunteer expats. It seems that we are talking about paid serving Chinese police officers who's primary loyalty is the Chinese state and enforcing Chinese law. I am also aware that police cooperate around the world in drug enforcement agencies you often find embassy advisors working with local police where the final destination for the drugs is their country 

This police is called Interpol, but it does not serve to maintain order as the Chinese police are preparing to do in Thailand.

Basically just a change of guard.  Where before it was mostly westerners now it is Chinese tourists.

I just don't see a happy ending for you western expats...  

Discrimination and hating westerners is fixing to go to a whole new level..

Edited by Gknrd
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Gknrd said:

Same with farang police, Now Chinese police.  Of course it won't help Chinese tourism. And hopefully they won't be to pregidist against westerners. But, I would not bet on it. Another nail in the coffin for western expats and tourists. 

Doom and gloom, utter nonsense. "Prejudiced"

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I love Thailand and it has been my second home for many years. My advice to all expats is to avoid any involvement in Thai politics. This isn't your country. You are a guest here. We expats seem to forget that too often.

No doubt, 99% of us arrived by airplane and the last I checked the planes fly in both directions. 

If the leaders of Thailand believe that it is in the best interest of the country to bring in Chinese police, who will ALL be members of the Chinese Communists Party and serving roles other than tourism police, to help promote 

"0" Dollar Chinese Tourism then it is their decision. Weather to remain in Thailand is my decision, as it is for all expats. I am not seriously viewing my options and making my exit strategy....just in case more brilliant decisions from the authorities are on the horizon.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, BE88 said:

This police is called Interpol, but it does not serve to maintain order as the Chinese police are preparing to do in Thailand.

Not Interpol. US marshals work as drug liaison officers in Thailand. Each embassy has similar personnel working with local police. Interpol may be included in the intelligence gathering but the liaison officers are police officers of the embassies country.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

I don't think this will be popular with the Chinese criminals that operate in Thailand and have been the subject of several recent news stories.

Maybe Chinese Police and Chinese criminals are the same thing - they are everywhere else in the world.

• Like 1

This leads on from the recent assaults and murder of innocent Chinese citizens by 'unknown' assailants who then take the next plane back to China with their I'll gotten gains of 5 to 10 thousand baht. Obviously employees of the Chinese state sent to cause mayhem and promote this kind of solution.

It is a plan well conceived by the Chinese government, initially by financing a film where Chinese tourists are kidnapped and taken as slaves in the Myanmar then with the famous Chinese actress who declares to have been the victim of a request for money (which is very easy to provoke with the police Thais underpaid) and now the internal control of Thailand with the Chinese police against money lending.

Thanks Taksin you sold your own country, or maybe not you sold Thailand to China because you are a Chinese like your origins.

Edited by BE88