Chinese Police to Patrol Tourist Hotspots in Thailand to Boost Tourist Confidence, Says Thai Prime Minister

webfact

5 hours ago, kennw said:

Where is Thai pride? Is Thailand admitting that it's own police force is unable to maintain law and order? What power will the Chinese cops have? Will they be able to grab unruly Chinese citizens holidaying here who may have been critical of the Chinese govt. Can they grab citizens of other countries. eg USA/UK

If you, as a UK or US citizen do or say or publish something which displeases the Chinese, and if you are subsequently picked up by Chinese Police operating in Thailand, under the authority of some "memorandum of understanding" or whatever, do you think that Thailand will actually do anything to protect you?

You would be on the next plane to China.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Blumpie said:

Nothing like demonstrating to the whole world that you are so inept, so pathetic that you give up your sovereignty to allow a foreign power to come in and look after public safety.

Dont expect an average person there to realize how appalling this really is!

Did you maker the same commment when western police came here to assist as well? 

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand-In an unusual move, Chinese police will join Thai police in tourist hotspots to patrol

To be fair to all, why not have a UN peace keeping force patrol? UN might even foot the bill. Think of the revenue that such a force would bring to Thailand. Win-Win.

for the skeptical ones that didn't believe Thailand was becoming the 23rd province of China, this new decision by Thai government maybe will convince them..... GOD have mercy, they don't know with whom they are going to bed/sleeping with

they now tell Thailand what they can and can not published, HK and Macau started like that, look where they are now. The new world order by Xi Jiping it's my way or my way

1 = China then we in #2= China and to finalize the top 3 we now have at #3 = China

China’s Embassy calls on Thai media to censor its coverage of Taiwan to protect relationships

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, daejung said:

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-9-2022-003838_EN.html

In Europe, illegal police stations are being used to threaten and silence dissidents.

Chinese police in Thailand will do same

When you authorize the Chinese police to operate in your territory it means that the law that regulates this police is Chinese and no longer Thai. So now onwards if you are stopped by Chinese police I would have to answer to Chinese laws even if you live in Thailand.

That the Chinese police only control Chinese people is a joke.

It will be interesting to see what the license plates of these Chinese police cars will be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

REPLY: You are exactly correct. They already feel like they can do anything they want. Sad because I have a lot of Chinese exporters that I've never had an issue with. I think that people there don't agree with what the country is doing. Only my thoughts though....who knows.

Makes you wonder what would happen if, you as a foreigner, say something against the CCP, and the CPP issues an arrest warrant for you, do the Chinese police find you, arrest you, then drag you back to their country on a military/private plane? 

• Sad 1