Israel is at War - General discussion (pt2)

CharlieH

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Where I come from we call this "Genocide".

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has tasked his top adviser, Ron Dermer, the minister of strategic affairs, with designing plans to “thin” the Palestinian population in the Gaza Strip “to a minimum,” according to a bombshell new report in an Israeli newspaper founded by the late Republican billionaire Sheldon Adelson. 

https://theintercept.com/2023/12/03/netanyahu-thin-gaza-population/

And here's a link to a report in Israel Hayom, which is not exactly a left wing source of information. It's tied in very closely to Netanyahu and company.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2023/12/03/will-israel-actively-encourage-migration-of-gazans-the-hot-potato-that-is-dividing-the-government/

3 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Not all the atrocities on 7/10 were committed by Hamas, many of the crimes were committed by Palestian civilians on Israeli civilians. anti-Semitic excuses are wearing very thin now. Israel has vowed to seek out all of the disgusting animals involved with these barbaric crimes including those living the life of Riley in Turkey and Qatar or any other country they may be hiding thinking that they are safe, oh how deluded they must be!

How did he figure that out? There is no Palestine, ergo no Palestinian civilians. Did Palestinians sign up to be terrorists? How is this not propaganda?

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 3

27 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Only 75%? I'd say 99% of able bodied citizens of Gaza are now "terrorists". Israel have only increased the number of terrorists and raised the threat level.

When did terrorism begin to justify war crimes?

You assert that Israel is committing war crimes.

Given the Allied bombing campaign over Germany in WWII, what is IDF doing differently?

Just now, Danderman123 said:

Given the Allied bombing campaign over Germany in WWII, what is IDF doing differently?

Off topic but many of those bombings were war crimes as well, along with the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Or they could create a 2 state solution. I fear it may be too late. Isreal has cemented it's future now and you are right, terrorism will continue. Perhaps that was the intended outcome to justify further genocidal displacement of civilians?

Better yet: a 3 state solution. If Hamas were to be eradicated, and a reasonable government installed, there are gas reserves available to Gaza to enrich the entire population.

But as long as Gaza is committed to terrorism, exploitation of the gas fields is not possible.

• Confused 1

59 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Where I come from we call this "Genocide".

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has tasked his top adviser, Ron Dermer, the minister of strategic affairs, with designing plans to “thin” the Palestinian population in the Gaza Strip “to a minimum,” according to a bombshell new report in an Israeli newspaper founded by the late Republican billionaire Sheldon Adelson. 

https://theintercept.com/2023/12/03/netanyahu-thin-gaza-population/

I don't know where you come from, but even the even the article you linked doesn't call it that. I'd bet your government (whichever it is) doesn't either. More like your own usual inflammatory style of posting.

If you'd bother reading the article which serves as the basis for the analysis in the Intercept link, you'd realize that this not some agreed upon course of action or anything of the sort. Given how things are both in Israel and relevant countries, doubt it could be realized anyway, even if there was wide support for it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

I also criticize my government, there's nothing wrong with that. 

Doesn't have anything to do with your previous comments or mine. As usual, you demonstrate that you cannot address even your own points, when challenged. More often than not, just them deflections on offer, nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Only 75%? I'd say 99% of able bodied citizens of Gaza are now "terrorists". Israel have only increased the number of terrorists and raised the threat level.

What war crimes? The ones alleged? The ones not yet proven? The one that had not been investigated?

As for minimizing atrocities committed by Hamas on 7/10 as 'terrorism' - you would. No surprises.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

What war crimes? The ones alleged? The ones not yet proven? The one that had not been investigated?

As for minimizing atrocities committed by Hamas on 7/10 as 'terrorism' - you would. No surprises.

See those photos above? Look and learn.,

• Confused 1

42 minutes ago, placeholder said:

And here's a link to a report in Israel Hayom, which is not exactly a left wing source of information. It's tied in very closely to Netanyahu and company.

https://www.israelhayom.com/2023/12/03/will-israel-actively-encourage-migration-of-gazans-the-hot-potato-that-is-dividing-the-government/

It's right leaning, alright, but less-pro Netanyahu than it used to be, ever since Sheldon croaked and the Mrs. took over. The article itself doesn't exactly portray Netanyahu in the best manner, even. Nothing like this would have been published on this rag in the past. What i take from this article is that Netanyahu is up to his usual political games - and is cornered by political allies. He can't go for the obvious solutions because the spin required may be too much even for his impressive capabilities and the usual daftness of his base. Everything he does revolves around his political survival. Given that even members of his own party are lukewarm on this, and polls being what they are, doubt he could muster support even if it was put to a vote.

Edit: LOL....my Thai IP is blocked on their website, guess that last letter to the journalist/editor didn't go down too well.

Edited by Morch

36 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

How did he figure that out? There is no Palestine, ergo no Palestinian civilians. Did Palestinians sign up to be terrorists? How is this not propaganda?

What are you on about?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Or they could create a 2 state solution. I fear it may be too late. Isreal has cemented it's future now and you are right, terrorism will continue. Perhaps that was the intended outcome to justify further genocidal displacement of civilians?

A two-state solution requires at least two willing and able parties.

23 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There are currently 32 countries in the world were wars are going on and civilians are being killed and left homeless by the hundred of thousands as you can see below and no one gives a sheet about it, but somehow the world is fixed on the Jews wars and how they kill innocent babies, this is nothing new that many in this world hate Jews just for the hell of it and will do anything to show it..

https://wisevoter.com/country-rankings/countries-currently-at-war/

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

The quote makes it clear that it's a direction. I don't care whatb my government calls it. I've read the definition of genocide and mass displacement of civilians is a war crime. Have you ever considered that your posting style is inflammatory?

So basically, you're jumping the gun. Maybe that's what they do 'where you come from'.

Makes a co-opting comment, than fail to back it up.

Inflammatory how? I'm not the one alleging things and using big words like 'genocide'.

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

See those photos above? Look and learn.,

I see the results of a war Hamas started. Pretty much the same on every war in urban setting.

It's easy enough to post pictures without context.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Prevention of future terrorist acts is a government responsibility.

How should Israel protect its citizens against future attacks by Hamas? Please don't insult us by saying "ending the occupation". On October 7, Gaza was not occupied.

• Like 2

Well I guess he's not sucked in to the terrorist propaganda that the antisemitics seem to believe verbatim and hang on to every word the terrorists spew out. They quote the figures from the terrorists as if we are supposed to believe them whilst filming fake scenes of dolls supposed to be real babies being carried and cried over, much better than Steven Spielberg could have dreamt up, these people are liars but they have sure fooled a lot of gullible people.

They were not Hamas terrorists that were spitting at the young girl in the back of the pickup being paraded for all these wonderful Palestian civilians to vent their brainwashed hate over, what's your excuse for that then, I'll give you a clue...... there isn't one!

75% of Palestinians are in awe over the Hamas terrorists and by the look of it many on here too.🥴

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

The Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, more commonly referred to as the Fourth Geneva Convention and abbreviated as GCIV, is one of the four treaties of the Geneva Conventions. It was adopted in August 1949, and came into force in October 1950. While the first three conventions dealt with combatants, the Fourth Geneva Convention was the first to deal with humanitarian protections for civilians in a war zone. There are currently 196 countries party to the 1949 Geneva Conventions, including this and the other three treaties

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Off topic but many of those bombings were war crimes as well, along with the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War, more commonly referred to as the Fourth Geneva Convention and abbreviated as GCIV, is one of the four treaties of the Geneva Conventions. It was adopted in August 1949, and came into force in October 1950. While the first three conventions dealt with combatants, the Fourth Geneva Convention was the first to deal with humanitarian protections for civilians in a war zone. There are currently 196 countries party to the 1949 Geneva Conventions, including this and the other three treaties

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Morch said:

You have demonstrated that you can look up stuff on the internet, and copy-paste a bit (linking must be a more advanced stage, you'll get there, I'm sure). Other than that, no different than your usual no-comment 'contributions'. No context, no application, no analysis on offer. 

Only if your as thick as pigs, obviously claiming WW11 bombing as a war crime the same as in Gaza doesn't apply as it didn't come into force till October 1950.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Only if your as thick as pigs, obviously claiming WW11 bombing as a war crime the same as in Gaza doesn't apply as it didn't come into force till October 1950.

You see, when you put your mind to it you can actually articulate what you had in mind. Next thing would be to work on your manners.

It is an interesting question, whether actions committed before a statement, a law, an agreement and so on, can be described as 'war crimes'. IMO, this would be more about playing verbal games, at least in this case - considering the meaning is pretty clear.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

Not all the atrocities on 7/10 were committed by Hamas, many of the crimes were committed by Palestian civilians on Israeli civilians. anti-Semitic excuses are wearing very thin now. Israel has vowed to seek out all of the disgusting animals involved with these barbaric crimes including those living the life of Riley in Turkey and Qatar or any other country they may be hiding thinking that they are safe, oh how deluded they must be!

Civilians the same ilk as the terrorists driving them around Gaza as trophies

It is unclear whether the men are alive; they lie in the bed of the trucks, shirtless and immobile. Bystanders film, cheer and run alongside the vehicles. When the trucks slow down, young men draw close and beat the bodies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2023/10/07/videos-show-captives-gaza-israel/

https://archive.ph/Z0R9R

Second tweet down 

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1