Israel losing global support over Gaza bombing, Biden says

CharlieH

18 minutes ago, Morch said:

You're deflecting, as usual.

The question, I believe, was what should Israel have done in response to 7/10.

It shouldn't be looked at as an isolated "incident" for lack of a better word for this atrocity. I understand why some choose to look at it that way, but a solution should come from the entire issue.

Edited by stevenl
  • Confused 4

17 minutes ago, stevenl said:

It shouldn't be looked at as an isolated "incident" for lack of a better word for this atrocity. I understand why some choose to look at it that way, but a solution should come from the entire issue.

Yet that's exactly why this war started, Oct/7th. To get to that solution, Hamas and its infrastructure needs to be finished and all hostages returned.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

US Defence Secretary Lloyd Austin has said he urged Israel to protect civilians in Gaza and make the war there more "surgical".

Mr Austin, who spoke after a meeting with his Israeli counterpart in Tel Aviv, reiterated US support for the offensive against Hamas.

He said Washington would provide more arms, vehicles and munitions to Israel...

Mr Austin then said he had discussed the objectives of the military campaign and "how to reduce harm to civilians in the battlespace" with his Israeli counterpart Yoav Gallant

"We also have some great thoughts about how to transition from high intensity operations to a lower intensity and more surgical operations," he said.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-67753876

Austin is urging more surgical strikes in the transition to a ground campaign. He did not give a timeline.

This has always been Israel’s plan from the start. Nothing new here.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

So whether it's a week, a month, or a year makes no difference?

Makes a huge difference to the military strategy of any force, air strikes are always carried out first for a reason. That’s why Austin specifically stated that he was not dictating a timeline or terms. 

28 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Point 1: Tell someone who gives a toss on what you think my views on Jews are.

Point 2: Zionists are not true Jews, they are oppressors 

Point 3: Netanyahu is a right-wing Zionist leader who will eventually end up in prison either in Israel for his crimes committed in Israel or before the ICC for his crimes committed in Gaza. https://www.icj-cij.org/sites/default/files/case-related/192/192-20231229-pre-01-00-en.pdf

Your views about Jews are public for some time now. I was just pointing out that lie about not having issues with them.

Zionists can most certainly be Jews. You do not get to decide who are 'true Jews' and who aren't. That's about as ignorant a comment as I've seen on these topics.

I hope Netanyahu does end up behind bars, but that's not really what the previous posts were about - so just another deflection from you.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

Why not? The question is not about what Israel could have done decades ago. It's about the here and now. There were comment made that this could have been handled in other ways - without specifying what these may have been. The question was not about an all encompassing, comprehensive solution, but rather regarding matters at hand. 

What came first the chicken or the egg?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

Why not? The question is not about what Israel could have done decades ago. It's about the here and now. There were comment made that this could have been handled in other ways - without specifying what these may have been. The question was not about an all encompassing, comprehensive solution, but rather regarding matters at hand. 

Hence the revenge war that will not be able to achieve the goal of eliminating Hamas.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Your views about Jews are public for some time now. I was just pointing out that lie about not having issues with them.

Zionists can most certainly be Jews. You do not get to decide who are 'true Jews' and who aren't. That's about as ignorant a comment as I've seen on these topics.

I hope Netanyahu does end up behind bars, but that's not really what the previous posts were about - so just another deflection from you.

Again, I have no problem with proper Jews.

For someone with thousands of posts on this subject if that's the most ignorant comment you've seen you're not following these threads very well.

We agree on something, but you as usual use the deflect card.

Any thoughts on this? https://www.icj-cij.org/sites/default/files/case-related/192/192-20231229-pre-01-00-en.pdf

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Well read "Imagine" song text from a dreamer.

You really think the Israëliets will back down? Since 1948 nothing but troubles and wars.

Hypocrite from UN to say stop. 

The whole middle east keeps on killing. Dictators, religions, groups lets get it on.

Mankind do always, see history. Time for AGI and then stop, or not? Mankind to machines or visiting aliens?!

Edited by xtrnuno41
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I have no problem with Jews but Zionists are something else, get rid of Bibi and co and all their claptrap ideas.

How funny is it that when Thailand claims Thailand is for Thais, none of you have a problem? Replace Thai with Jews, and you Jew haters have a problem. Why is that? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1