Informal lender hit by a car after demanding payment from borrower

webfact

1 hour ago, lordgrinz said:

Man, I need to get into the Debt business, I would have said no more payments needed after they paid back double the cash, and I would have smiled at them and said "great doing business with you".

Not easy to say from under a pickup though is it     Have you any idea how many Thais default on loans and finance.    The word in Thai language for "debt"   and the word for "running away and disappearing" is  almost identical, the only difference being the tone used in pronunciation  

The word is "Nee"  be worried if you overhear  your TeeRak using this word with either a high or rising tone,  be especially concerned if she uses them both in the same sentence

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Yeah...desperation for another drunken night or some frivolous purchase.

Stop idolizing the poor.

99% are dumfux ..

but wait....I have an even darker theory.

Most Thais love slavery/serfdom

In this case, debt-slavery.

I owe, therefore I am.

Once they manage to pay off one debt, they will take on a new one 🤦‍♂️

Absolutely correct except the final sentence.    They seldom wait to clear one before taking on another,    Borrowing from peter to pay paul is the way to go for most of them.   

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, lordgrinz said:

Man, I need to get into the Debt business, I would have said no more payments needed after they paid back double the cash, and I would have smiled at them and said "great doing business with you".

Foreigners trying to get a slice of this pie rarely last long  (with the exception of chinese)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

No debt now....but jail ain't gonna be good!

Probably still has the debt.

That might have been an enforcer/collector that was killed , the actual money lender will be sat on is 'arris somewhere counting his baht.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, SportRider said:

Sorry to read this.  Many people live on meagre income and with family responsibilities.  Urgent unplanned needs arise.  There aren't many good options in Thailand for those less fortunate than ourselves.

It's desperation, not stupidity.

I'll meet you half way,  it's desperation  caused  or at least compounded by stupidity

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1