What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

12 hours ago, Will27 said:

If you liked The Bureau, you might like Yosi, the Regretful Spy.

It's really good.

An Argentinean intelligence agent infiltrates the Jewish community to gather information that is then allegedly used to perpetrate two of the worst terrorist attacks in Latin American history, leaving over 100 dead.

Thanks @Will27. I enjoyed the Bureau. I'll have a look at that Yosi, the Regretful Spy.

• Thumbs Up 1

What do people recommend as the best streaming sites .

For--:

Movies

T.V

Sport

Doco's

Educational

Games

Edited by oxo1947

Just watched Intolerable Cruelty (2003) again after nearly 20 years and found it extremely funny, again. That got me onto a comedy movie jag, so downloaded the following to watch again....

Blazing Saddles

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Liar, Liar

Manhattan

O Brother Where Art Thou?

Planes, Trains and Automobiles

Three Amigos

Cable Guy

Bluestreak

Galaxy Quest

Throw Momma From The Train

Something About Mary

Feel free to add any that you think especially funny.

Edited by giddyup

1 minute ago, giddyup said:

Just watched Intolerable Cruelty (2003) again after nearly 20 years and found it extremely funny, again. That got me onto a comedy movie jag, so downloaded the following to watch again....

Blazing Saddles

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Liar, Liar

Manhattan

Three Amigos

Cable Guy

Bluestreak

Galaxy Quest

I watch a lot of movies. I never watch the same one twice

• Sad 2

6 hours ago, giddyup said:

Blazing Saddles

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Liar, Liar

Manhattan

Three Amigos

Cable Guy

Bluestreak

Galaxy Quest

Something About Mary

It's good to see stuff on here that isn't British cookie cutter crime series.

Add Major League and Caddyshack to the list.

• Thumbs Up 1

If anyone wants to see how soft the UK has become on sentencing criminals, suggest you have a look at Police: Suspect No.1 Series 3 episode 3.

Two men are left with serious facial injuries after being assaulted in a Grimsby pub. Police arrive to make an arrest, but a large crowd of bystanders violently intervene.

Women in Blue

Set in 1971 and inspired by true events, Women in Blue tells the story of four women who defy the ultraconservative norms of the time and join Mexico’s first female police force, only to discover that their squad is a publicity stunt to distract the media from a brutal serial killer. 

As the body count grows, María, whose determination to catch the killer becomes an obsession, Gabina whose father is a renowned cop, Ángeles a brilliant fingerprint analyst, and Valentina a young rebel, set up a secret investigation to achieve what no male officer has been able to do and bring the serial killer to justice.

• Thanks 1

On 7/25/2024 at 11:20 AM, gargamon said:

Digging around in stuff I downloaded 4 or 5 years ago, decided to watch a couple of high rated series I hadn't watched yet. Gangs of London and ZeroZeroZero. Both were excellent if you haven't seen them well worth a look.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7661390

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8332438

Apparently season 3 of gangs of London will drop later this year.

ZeroZeroZero was excellent thank you.

• Agree 1

On 7/29/2024 at 7:58 AM, Will27 said:

If you liked The Bureau, you might like Yosi, the Regretful Spy.

It's really good.

An Argentinean intelligence agent infiltrates the Jewish community to gather information that is then allegedly used to perpetrate two of the worst terrorist attacks in Latin American history, leaving over 100 dead.

Thanks Will27, I have it on my NAS .but haven't come around to watch it, I don't really know why,  but I usually don't like Spanish language movies or series despite being fluent in spanish. I will give it a try

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

'Master of the House' - a Thai TV series in 7 parts (according to IDMB) tho' TPB only has 6 & the last one is taking forever!  It looks (from the 1st 2 minutes) to have lavish production values.

9 hours ago, mikebell said:

'Master of the House' - a Thai TV series in 7 parts (according to IDMB) tho' TPB only has 6 & the last one is taking forever!  It looks (from the 1st 2 minutes) to have lavish production values.

I watch the series some weeks ago.

I found it very enjoyable.

Thought this was excellent.

Atomic People

The decision by the United States to drop atomic bombs on two Japanese cities - Hiroshima on 6 August 1945 and Nagasaki three days later - was one of the most momentous and destructive in world history.

Now, nearly 80 years later, this unique film gathers the testimony of some of the last ‘Hibakusha’, survivors of the two atomic bombs, before their voices are lost forever. With an average age of 85, most Hibakusha were children when the bombs were dropped.

Combining their personal accounts with archive footage, the film features a significant number of voices from this shrinking group, the only people left on earth to have survived a nuclear bomb, while exploring how their experiences continue to affect them to this day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have taken to searching out a few older and "different" movies and came across some which I liked, a couple in particular starring Klaus Kinski! The first one being "Aguirre: The Wrath of God" where much of the action takes place in South America at the time of the Spanish "expeditions", and Klaus Kinski plays the part of a driven soldier, who turns mad towards the end of this expedition. Much of it takes place on a makeshift raft, but was well worth viewing IMO.

The second one starring Klaus Kinski was called "Fitzcarraldo" as well as Claudia Cardinale, and deals with the man's obsession/madness (he seems to play these parts very well) as regards building an opera house in the jungle. The film is remarkable in its portrayal of a large boat being hauled over a mountain.

I also found a movie I had never seen before called, "The Hunting Party" which is a western, starring Oliver Reed as a cowboy, would you believe, as well as Candice Bergen who stayed pretty well immaculate throughout it, and Gene Hackman. The movie had shades of "Peckinpah" about it with regards to the bloodshed, and was worth watching although the story was very weak.

In looking for these movies I came across a website which features many unusual movies, and I accessed this through the link to the  Aguirre, the Wrath of God  movie. I will be searching on that website for more rare movies and docos.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Will27 said:

I visited the Nagasaki peace Park in Japan about 20 years ago and what I saw, completely changed my view on the dropping of the atomic bomb.
The haunting images of the outlines of people who were completely disintegrated by the blast, on buildings and suchlike, left a lasting impression, so I won't be watching this doco as I have seen all that I want to see of this terrible, terrible occasion.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 9:38 PM, Will27 said:

Newish Aussie series out.

A detective transferred to Victorian High Country investigates 5 missing persons.

She uncovers a complex web of murder, deceit and revenge.

This is quite good.

If a bit woke.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, xylophone said:

In looking for these movies I came across a website which features many unusual movies, and I accessed this through the link to the  Aguirre, the Wrath of God  movie. I will be searching on that website for more rare movies and docos.

And the website is?

Edited by giddyup
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, giddyup said:

And the website is?

Hmmm.......I thought I could access it through the "Aguirre" movie but seems not so I will keep trying!! But did find this website which has all of the movies I mentioned and more and it is: https://www.azmovies.net/popular-movies

Try this and I will keep searching.............

• Thanks 1