Scoop: "Unprecedented Proposal Emerges: Israel Offers Two-Month Ceasefire in Hostage Deal with Hamas"

40 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I was being polite, as in F/O if you want the hostages back get out of Gaza, Hamas are no doubt thinking if they give up the hostages for some humanitarian relief nothing changes and it will be back to mowing the lawn yet again in a few years time.

This is not about Hamas or the hostages, it is about public opinion against Israel and the US.

No, it's about you and people like you ready to 'fight' to the last Gazan.

21 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Untrue, I want to stop all the killing on both sides.

You've also opined that Hamas should hold on to the hostages so long as Israel does not accept its demands.

This options comes with continued fighting, and more dead Palestinians.

22 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You may think that you are part of this war , helping you side by fighting against the enemy on social media .

You may view yourself as the * 5 th infantry social media brigade * and firing likes on Twitter/ X and downvoting pro Israeli posts on social media .

You can spend all day liking social media posts and giving thumbs ups and thumbs downs .

Your home army maybe winning that war , but ultimately, you have achieved nothing at all 

I'm as much part of this war as you or anybody else is for what it's worth.

The war is between Israel and the Palestinians, nobody else, the fact that millions around the world can now watch all of it unfold via the internet is the Israeli problem. less and less people are believing their B/S and it is hurting them and their primary backers the US.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I'm as much part of this war as you or anybody else is for what it's worth.

The war is between Israel and the Palestinians, nobody else, the fact that millions around the world can now watch all of it unfold via the internet is the Israeli problem. less and less people are believing their B/S and it is hurting them and their primary backers the US.

What is this lie based on? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Of course Hamas will not accept. 

Give us our hostages and we'll wait 2 months before finishing you off. 

Agreed, I think we should finish them off right now. Make it a Q1 measurable objective.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, Morch said:

Basically, you care about Hamas winning.

You do not care about the hostages.

You do not care about the Gazan civilians dying.

It's about point scoring for you.

Your opinion, not mine, nothing about Hamas winning, more about bringing Israel to the table talking peace instead their normal garbage and more carnage.

21 minutes ago, Morch said:

@thaibeachlovers

Oh, it's not a 'serious offer', but Hamas's offer is?

Like who wouldn't trust Hamas, eh?

Like who would trust the Israeli's, duh.

20 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, it's about you and people like you ready to 'fight' to the last Gazan.

Hang on, I'm a keyboard warrior same as you, it comes with more bad publicity for Israel and the US, which is what they are worried about or why would they make the offer?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Your opinion, not mine, nothing about Hamas winning, more about bringing Israel to the table talking peace instead their normal garbage and more carnage.

Like who would trust the Israeli's, duh.

Hang on, I'm a keyboard warrior same as you, it comes with more bad publicity for Israel and the US, which is what they are worried about or why would they make the offer?

Not my opinion. Your words. You're a cheerleader for Hamas in recent posts, if there was any doubt about it earlier.

What 'normal garbage' would that be? Something you made up? You seem to be ok with Hamas rejecting the offer and the carnage continues - with Gazans paying the price.

Israel is not the one who broke the previous hostage release agreement. Hamas did. I get it you don't have much beyond silly comebacks, but still...

How am I a 'keyboard warrior'? Did you notice many posts in which I call for more destruction? More deaths? Posts in which I celebrate atrocities? You're just doing that childish 'you too' bit without any basis.

Your notion that it's all about international PR is something which you say. You do not back it up with anything, your do not 'do' context of other stuff, you're just pushing some talking point you picked up somewhere. Some of the reasons for this were actually discussed even on this forum - ignorance is a choice.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Agreed, I think we should finish them off right now. Make it a Q1 measurable objective.

Do you mean finish off Hamas or the Gazans people? 

I can understand your position. I sympathise with Israeli civilians. 

I agree with finishing  off Hamas but not the way they are doing. Even Biden said they're was indescriminate bombing, which is a war crime. 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

29 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I'd love to show you, you only have to look through social media but Forum rules etc etc forbid me from showing it.

If you make a claim, then you need to back it up with a link from a reputable source .

Are you unable to provide a link to a reputable source ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

How should Irael finish off Hamas? 

You know Biden walked back the indiscriminate bombing claim.

Is holding hostages not a war crime? Why do you want Hamas to continue holding them? 

This is Israel's problem they cannot finish Hamas, all they are doing is being the best recruiting sergeant for Hamas by all their indiscriminate killing of civilians, also they are losing the PR war.

Biden as the biggest benefactor of Aipac funds ever, knows where his breads buttered, but it is not helping his re-election. 

Hamas keeps the hostages and Israel keeps up the aggression and the court of public opinion sees Israel for what it is, the aggressors and baby killers.

In my opinion Hamas knows they have committed war crimes and has nothing to lose, same applies to the Palestinian people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

This is Israel's problem they cannot finish Hamas, all they are doing is being the best recruiting sergeant for Hamas by all their indiscriminate killing of civilians, also they are losing the PR war.

Biden as the biggest benefactor of Aipac funds ever, knows where his breads buttered, but it is not helping his re-election. 

Hamas keeps the hostages and Israel keeps up the aggression and the court of public opinion sees Israel for what it is, the aggressors and baby killers.

In my opinion Hamas knows they have committed war crimes and has nothing to lose, same applies to the Palestinian people.

You seem to care more about the supposed PR angle than about either the hostages or the Gazans.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I doubt all the Palestinian people have committed war crimes, but I'll agree with you that many have. 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Biden's support of Israel's 'alleged Genocide' will result in Trump being in power at the end of the year. 

• Confused 4

21 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I hope Hamas tells them to go away.

The world of public opinion is causing Biden and co bad publicity, social media is causing to much negative effect on this war

The ICJ case hasn't even reported yet on the ongoing case, which is another reason for Biden and Co to be worried,(reelection time)

The Israeli media control is not keeping the world on their side as in previous conflicts.

So to me I hope they demand a total ceasefire, IDF to move back to the Gaza boarder, unlimited access to Humanitarian Aid and the guarantee of negotiations for a Palestinian State solution with Israel for a 2 state solution as per previous UN agreement.

I hope Hamas tells them to go away.

You must be very disappointed with this current news then.

image.png.1a1639cd5434c42d22a8146ff9dba3f3.png

https://twitter.com/WSJ/status/1749922570076352714

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

White House says efforts ongoing for deal to free hostages, reach long pause in war

US President Joe Biden’s Middle East envoy held talks in the region Tuesday as hopes rose for a potential new deal to free Israeli hostages held by Palestinian terror group Hamas in exchange for a longer pause in fighting in Gaza.

The White House said it would support a pause that was longer than the week-long halt in November, as it confirmed that Brett McGurk was in Egypt for discussions and would visit other key countries.

Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Tuesday that the Biden administration was opposed to any permanent change to Gaza’s territory, but kept the door open to possible support for any “transitional arrangements” to resolve the conflict with Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/white-house-says-efforts-ongoing-for-deal-to-free-hostages-reach-long-pause-in-war

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

White House says efforts ongoing for deal to free hostages, reach long pause in war

US President Joe Biden’s Middle East envoy held talks in the region Tuesday as hopes rose for a potential new deal to free Israeli hostages held by Palestinian terror group Hamas in exchange for a longer pause in fighting in Gaza.

The White House said it would support a pause that was longer than the week-long halt in November, as it confirmed that Brett McGurk was in Egypt for discussions and would visit other key countries.

Meanwhile, US Secretary of State Antony Blinken said Tuesday that the Biden administration was opposed to any permanent change to Gaza’s territory, but kept the door open to possible support for any “transitional arrangements” to resolve the conflict with Israel.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/white-house-says-efforts-ongoing-for-deal-to-free-hostages-reach-long-pause-in-war

Yay, from the same article: 

On Sunday, The Wall Street Journal reported that the United States, Egypt and Qatar were pushing Israel and Hamas to accept a comprehensive plan that would end the war, free the hostages, and ultimately lead to full normalization for Israel with its neighbors in return for a path to Palestinian statehood.

Netanyahu responded in a video statement, refusing outright to “the end of the war, the exit of our forces from Gaza, releasing all the murderers and rapists of the Nukhba [forces] and leaving Hamas intact.” These, the prime minister said, were the Palestinian terror organization’s demands. However, the next day, the premier was reported to have told relatives of hostages that no Hamas proposal was on the table.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

IMO every Hamas fighter knew at the start it was a fight to win or die. They know what happens to even innocent Palestinians arrested by the israelis, so they know it would be 100 times worse for them and IMO no desire to be captured alive.

Given that even the Euros have jumped on the two state solution bandwagon and Biden has stated no israeli occupation of Gaza after, it looks like Hamas might even have won in the end, though at a cost of thousands of dead and wounded Palestinians.

Expect netanyahu to resist the two state solution till he is finally ejected from politics, which IMO will be at the next election. No wonder he is wanting to continue the conflict till next year.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Yay, from the same article: 

On Sunday, The Wall Street Journal reported that the United States, Egypt and Qatar were pushing Israel and Hamas to accept a comprehensive plan that would end the war, free the hostages, and ultimately lead to full normalization for Israel with its neighbors in return for a path to Palestinian statehood.

Netanyahu responded in a video statement, refusing outright to “the end of the war, the exit of our forces from Gaza, releasing all the murderers and rapists of the Nukhba [forces] and leaving Hamas intact.” These, the prime minister said, were the Palestinian terror organization’s demands. However, the next day, the premier was reported to have told relatives of hostages that no Hamas proposal was on the table.

Its now Wednesday and things have moved on. Did you not notice the updates?

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

the United States, Egypt and Qatar were pushing Israel and Hamas to accept a comprehensive plan that would end the war, free the hostages, and ultimately lead to full normalization for Israel with its neighbors in return for a path to Palestinian statehood.

IMO Hamas will be foolish to hand the hostages over without something more solid than a "path" to Palestinian statehood. The US has been playing that game for decades with no result for the Palestinians worth a damn. Lots and lots of talking and nothing to show for it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Nope, I consider The Times of Israel the same as you think of Al J same same, or just more propaganda

Nope what? & tell me exactly what was not factual in the Times article at the time?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Hamas will be foolish to hand the hostages over without something more solid than a "path" to Palestinian statehood. The US has been playing that game for decades with no result for the Palestinians worth a damn. Lots and lots of talking and nothing to show for it.

So, you support Hamas' taking and holding the hostages until what? Israel surrenders? 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO Hamas were foolish to to take hostages in the first place and then go on and abuse them as they have done, they are now paying the price they so richly deserve. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

IMO every Hamas fighter knew at the start it was a fight to win or die. They know what happens to even innocent Palestinians arrested by the israelis, so they know it would be 100 times worse for them and IMO no desire to be captured alive.

Given that even the Euros have jumped on the two state solution bandwagon and Biden has stated no israeli occupation of Gaza after, it looks like Hamas might even have won in the end, though at a cost of thousands of dead and wounded Palestinians.

Expect netanyahu to resist the two state solution till he is finally ejected from politics, which IMO will be at the next election. No wonder he is wanting to continue the conflict till next year.

@thaibeachlovers

Sounds like another Hamas fanboy is coming out of the closet.

Other than your almost undisguised disgusting glorification of Hamas - you still seem to be unclear about Hamas's agenda, which does not support a two-state solution. Somehow you seem to need to frame things as a Hamas 'victory', echoing their leadership's words about casualties being necessary sacrifices etc.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

@thaibeachlovers

Where did you get the notion that Hamas is into a two-state solution?