Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

31 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, the Palestinians that want to eradicate Israel will either have to change their position such that they can peacefully coexist with Israel, or be eliminated, one way or the other. 

Or, what's less likely is Israel will either have to offer the Palestinians a co-existence plan of which they approve, or be eliminated or at least forced into some agreement by the UN.

I hope some agreement can be reached. 

Edited by WDSmart
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Or, what's less likely is Israel will either have to offer the Palestinians a co-existence plan of which they approve, or be eliminated or at least forced into some agreement by the UN.

Forced by the UN, that's hilarious. 

19 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If Israel are looking for the terrorists and fighting against Hamas , then the bombing is justified 

I agree with that statement, and despite all of the arguments and the ICJ meeting, it's relevant to remember who started this war; Hamas started it and must bear responsibility for any outcome, no matter what.

As I have mentioned before, Hamas must have known what the repercussions would be and now they are reaping what they have sown, but want to put their hand up to ask for an end to the war!

Whomsoever starts a war must bear the responsibility for what happens during it and in every war there are innocents killed, but the big picture is what is focused upon, not that an innocent child, woman or man might be killed during the war, because they are "collateral damage".

IMO Netanyahu should continue with his plan to totally destroy Hamas, and then go on to totally raze Gaza to the ground so it is uninhabitable, because that's where Hamas are hiding and that's where many supposedly "innocent Palestinians" are helping them survive.

Impossible to live in peace next to Hamas, whose avowed intent is to kill Jews and erase Israel from the face of the earth.

Edited by stats
off topic comments removed
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:
1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

Forced by the UN, that's hilarious. 

Okay, how about "pressured," then?

2 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Not according to the recent ruling by the ICJ... 

But then again, they are are toothless "body" and whose ruling means stuff all in the grand scheme of things.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

But then again, they are are toothless "body" and whose ruling means stuff all in the grand scheme of things.

Well, we'll see about that. If the countries that comprise the UN start halting their support and funding of Isreal, things could change.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/27/2024 at 8:56 PM, WDSmart said:

For a BIG CHANGE, I agree with Morch. I don't think Hamas will release the hostages, at least not all of them, until there is a definite ceasefire. 

They would be mad to do so, as anyone can see that soon as the hostages are released it's monster time for the IDF, with bells on. The only thing restraining them so far, IMO, are the hostages and the outcry in Israel to do whatever it takes to release them. Netanyahu saying military action will free them  is a nonsense, as if they look like being freed by the IDF they are probably going to be dead before they can be released.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Well, we'll see about that. If the countries that comprise the UN start halting their support and funding of Isreal, things could change.

They could have done that already. Seems to me that western leaders are in the bag for israel and Arab countries don't really care, or are too dominated by the US to take action against israel.

I fear that it's going to become a real tragedy for the Gazans ( and after them the West Bank ), and when it's all over western leaders will be going "oh isn't it just so awful" while doing nothing. We are seeing them for what they really are now, and it's not nice at all.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They could have done that already. Seems to me that western leaders are in the bag for israel and Arab countries don't really care, or are too dominated by the US to take action against israel.

I fear that it's going to become a real tragedy for the Gazans ( and after them the West Bank ), and when it's all over western leaders will be going "oh isn't it just so awful" while doing nothing. We are seeing them for what they really are now, and it's not nice at all.

Western Countries are fully supportive of Israel's fight against terrorism 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Yes, it's almost like it would be in the Palestinian's best interest to quit calling for the eradication of the Jews.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It's all a bit sad to see the western world that was braying about how evil Russia is in a different conflict are OK to allow it to happen in Gaza. Hypocrites all, and shame on them.

Russia attacked Ukraine

Palestinians attacked Israel .

Western Countries support both the attacked Countries 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The ICJ didn't call for a ceasefire , Israel can carry on with the war 

My understanding is the ICJ did call for a more discriminatory military action in Gaza, with the aim of limiting civilian casualties and suffering. But, yes, the ICJ did not call for a total ceasefire. 

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

That's a very big if. Especially considering a lot of them are currently suspending aid money to the UN in Gaza

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yes, it's almost like it would be in the Palestinian's best interest to quit calling for the eradication of the Jews.

I agree, and the Zionists should quit trying to eradicate all the Palestinians.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

My understanding is the ICJ did call for a more discriminatory military action in Gaza, with the aim of limiting civilian casualties and suffering. But, yes, the ICJ did not call for a total ceasefire. 

As I understand it they told israel to stop actions liable to cause genocide and allow more aid in. After which israel carried on regardless. The UN has been exposed as completely useless if the US is against something. Might as well cancel it and use the money for something more useful.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, WDSmart said:

So, the ICJ's position is the same as the Biden Administration's, keep fighting, be more careful.

The ICJ also called for Hamas/Palestine to release the hostages immediately. Have they complied yet? 

Why should Israel comply if Hamas does not? 

2 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I agree, and the Zionists should quit trying to eradicate all the Palestinians.

If they think they can, they have forgotten how many Palestinians live outside israel, safe from israeli bombs, and right now they are probably working out how they can take revenge against israel. Hezbollah will probably have thousands of new recruits to carry on the fight.

Israel is probably going to be under attack for decades to come, and israelis all over the world will be under threat.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Yellowtail said:

So, the ICJ's position is the same as the Biden Administration's, keep fighting, be more careful.

The ICJ also called for Hamas/Palestine to release the hostages immediately. Have they complied yet? 

Why should Israel comply if Hamas does not? 

Yes, sadly, both the ICJ and Biden (my president) have not called for a complete ceasefire.

No, to my knowledge, Hamas has not released any hostages lately. I don't know if talks are underway to do that.

Israel should comply unconditionally with all of ICJ's findings. So should Hamas.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

They would be mad to do so, as anyone can see that soon as the hostages are released it's monster time for the IDF, with bells on. The only thing restraining them so far, IMO, are the hostages and the outcry in Israel to do whatever it takes to release them. Netanyahu saying military action will free them  is a nonsense, as if they look like being freed by the IDF they are probably going to be dead before they can be released.

Doesn't sound like you want Hamas terrorists destroyed, whys that then?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, sadly, both the ICJ and Biden (my president) have not called for a complete ceasefire.

No, to my knowledge, Hamas has not released any hostages lately. I don't know if talks are underway to do that.

Israel should comply unconditionally with all of ICJ's findings. So should Hamas.

Neither side is going to do anything unconditionally. It will take negotiations and apparently netanyahu is reluctant to negotiate.

Hamas will probably not release any hostages without a guarantee that israel will also abide by the rulings, given there have been a number of statements to the effect that israel will ignore the rulings.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Looks like you better save all your energy into posting about Hamas, as they are the ones refusing the ICJ rulings not Israel.

Just now, thaibeachlovers said:

Neither side is going to do anything unconditionally. It will take negotiations and apparently netanyahu is reluctant to negotiate.

Hamas will probably not release any hostages without a guarantee that israel will also abide by the rulings, given there have been a number of statements to the effect that israel will ignore the rulings.

So Israel has to abide by ICJ but its ok for hamas not to, got it.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

So Israel has to abide by ICJ but its ok for hamas not to, got it.

Hamas has explicitly said it will abide by the rulings. Netanyahu has explicitly said he will not. You're on the wrong side of history.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Hamas has explicitly said it will abide by the rulings. Netanyahu has explicitly said he will not. You're on the wrong side of history.

LOL, show me a link to that. The ruling is for Hamas to release all hostages with no preconditions immediately. The wrong side of history am I. Another crystal ball moment. 

Anyway waiting for a link to "Hamas has explicitly said it will abide by the rulings."

• Like 1

LOL, show me a link to that. The ruling is for Hamas to release all hostages with no preconditions immediately. The wrong side of history am I. Another crystal ball moment. 

Anyway waiting for a link to "Hamas has explicitly said it will abide by the rulings."

already linked in this or a related post. Try reading links.

There is a Reuters link but here's another one.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/hamas-says-it-will-abide-by-un-court-s-ruling-on-cease-fire-if-israeli-does-same/3119057

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

already linked in this or a related post. Try reading links.

There is a Reuters link but here's another one.

https://www.aa.com.tr/en/middle-east/hamas-says-it-will-abide-by-un-court-s-ruling-on-cease-fire-if-israeli-does-same/3119057

Very dishonest of you, that was before the rulings and you know it and the reality is Hamas has refused, how on earth can you believe terrorists especially when they are proved wrong as now:

"Israel welcomes the Court’s clear demand for the immediate and unconditional release of all the hostages held in Gaza."

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Very dishonest of you, that was before the rulings and you know it and the reality is Hamas has refused, how on earth can you believe terrorists especially when they are proved wrong as now:

"Israel welcomes the Court’s clear demand for the immediate and unconditional release of all the hostages held in Gaza."

There is no reason to believe they changed their mind over a ruling that was largely favourable to them . There is no statement that they recanted their promise. You've got nothing.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

It's almost as if that's all the court said. Meantime, the genocide continues.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2