Israel is at War - General discussion (pt3)

Why Is Tom Cotton Hurling the Charge of Anti-Semitism At the Quincy Institute?

Unable to hold his laughter upon hearing Cotton’s remarks, Andrew Bacevich, founding president of the Quincy Institute, responded, “The guy is a fool, obviously.

On Wednesday, in remarks on the floor of the U.S. Senate, Tom Cotton (R-AR) accused the Quincy Institute of enabling antisemitism. The institute was founded one month ago.

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-tom-cotton-hurling-charge-anti-semitism-quincy-institute-112581

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Why Is Tom Cotton Hurling the Charge of Anti-Semitism At the Quincy Institute?

Unable to hold his laughter upon hearing Cotton’s remarks, Andrew Bacevich, founding president of the Quincy Institute, responded, “The guy is a fool, obviously.

On Wednesday, in remarks on the floor of the U.S. Senate, Tom Cotton (R-AR) accused the Quincy Institute of enabling antisemitism. The institute was founded one month ago.

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/why-tom-cotton-hurling-charge-anti-semitism-quincy-institute-112581

Probably because the Quincy Institute is antisemitic.

Home - Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

he is also Swedish and lived in Sweden from the age of 4 as his father was jailed by both the Shah of Iran and  Ayatollah Ruhollah Musavi Khomeini

Early in his career, Parsi worked for the Swedish Permanent Mission to the United Nations in New York, where he served in the Security Council, handling the affairs of Afghanistan, Iraq, Tajikistan, and Western Sahara, and on the General Assembly's Third Committee, addressing human rights in Iran, Afghanistan, Myanmar and Iraq.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trita_Parsi

And still no  independently verified evidence of The Quincy Institute being extremely antisemitic.

And? At the end of the day 80 ex US generals and me don't give a fig about the antisemitic Quincy

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Probably because the Quincy Institute is antisemitic.

Home - Quincy Institute for Responsible Statecraft

Yet  no-one can provided   independently verified evidence of The Quincy Institute being extremely antisemitic.

Did Senate, Tom Cotton provided   independently verified evidence of The Quincy Institute being  antisemitic

within their 1st month of openiing

I suspect that Benjamin Netanyahu is unable to provide verified evidence that US universities were being overrun by antisemitism

Sanders hits back at Netanyahu: ‘It is not antisemitic to hold you accountable’

US senator says Israeli prime minister is using antisemitism to distract attention from ‘extremist and racist government’ policies

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2024/apr/27/bernie-sanders-benjamin-netanyahu-israel-gaza-war

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Of course it is. But then Pro Palastinians will always deny this as many deny the atrocities of Oct 7th

I haven't seen any posts on this form where anyone has denied October 7th

Yet  no-one can provided  independently verified evidence of The Quincy Institute being extremely antisemitic.

Does anyone believe that the International Criminal Court is antisemitic just because Netanyahu states 

ICC Arrest Warrants Against Israeli Leaders Would Be 'Antisemitic Hate Crime

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-04-30/ty-article/.premium/netanyahu-icc-arrest-warrants-against-israeli-leaders-would-be-antisemitic-hate-crime/0000018f-3037-d0b5-a59f-31f78a070000

or that the International Court of justice ( Which has a sitting Israel Judge ) 

Israeli officials accuse international court of justice of antisemitic bias

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/26/israeli-officials-accuse-international-court-of-justice-of-antisemitic-bias

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

I haven't seen any posts on this form where anyone has denied October 7th

Yet  no-one can provided  independently verified evidence of The Quincy Institute being extremely antisemitic.

Does anyone believe that the International Criminal Court is antisemitic just because Netanyahu states 

ICC Arrest Warrants Against Israeli Leaders Would Be 'Antisemitic Hate Crime

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-04-30/ty-article/.premium/netanyahu-icc-arrest-warrants-against-israeli-leaders-would-be-antisemitic-hate-crime/0000018f-3037-d0b5-a59f-31f78a070000

or that the International Court of justice ( Which has a sitting Israel Judge ) 

Israeli officials accuse international court of justice of antisemitic bias

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/jan/26/israeli-officials-accuse-international-court-of-justice-of-antisemitic-bias

Oh already provided in my first post. Let's not get into the Guardian that has its own issues. But can go there to if you wish. 

All this over trying to deflect the experts opinion eh. 80 US generals.

• Like 1

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Oh already provided in my first post. Let's not get into the Guardian that has its own issues. But can go there to if you wish. 

All this over trying to deflect the experts opinion eh. 80 US generals.

Don't really give a toss about 80 Retired US Generals and I suspect US Military think the same once you gone your gone and what they think doesn't really matter

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

Don't really give a toss about 80 Retired US Generals and I suspect US Military think the same once you gone your gone and what they think doesn't really matter

I know you don't give a toss about the experts. You made that clear already. I doubt they give a toss about you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I know you don't give a toss about the experts. You made that clear already. I doubt they give a toss about you.

Likewise I suspect the so called experts don't give a toss about you either

There are loony tune members in the republicans party that are considering attacking Europe if they don't bow to the demands of the  republicans

• Love It 1

Just now, vinny41 said:

Likewise I suspect the so called experts don't give a toss about you either

There are loony tune members in the republicans party that are considering attacking Europe if they don't bow to the demands of the  republicans

I am not being critical of them though. Is Fetterman also a looney tune? What does he want? 

I doubt 80 US Generals are forgotten they know too much, and knowing too much gives them a pretty good angle on things, I would have thought..🤗

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

It seems that Gantz is introducing some rationality in the face of Netanyahu's apparent single minded dedication to render Israel a middle eastern political orphan.

They always have been, so why should they care.......:coffee1:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I am not being critical of them though. Is Fetterman also a looney tune? What does he want? 

His name is not on the letter sent to the ICC 

Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, promised to target the International Criminal Court and its employees if it issues a warrant for Netanyahu’s arrest—an act several Israeli leaders believe is imminent.

“Target Israel and we will target you,” the letter reads. It threatens to use the 2002 Bush administration American Service-Members’ Protection Act—also known colloquially as “The Hague Invasion Act”—to compel the ICC to release any U.S. person or ally it detains.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/gop-senators-vow-ruin-icc-220322425.html

https://zeteo.com/p/exclusive-you-have-been-warned-republican

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, 0ffshore360 said:

It seems that Gantz is introducing some rationality in the face of Netanyahu's apparent single minded dedication to render Israel a middle eastern political orphan.

Not only Gantz Gallant also

Mr Gantz's six-point plan comes days after Israeli defence minister Yoav Gallant, the third member of the war cabinet, openly said he has repeatedly pleaded with the other two members to decide on a post-war vision for Gaza.

Mr Gallant said this should involve the creation of a new Palestinian civilian leadership.

https://news.sky.com/story/benny-gantz-israeli-war-cabinet-member-threatens-to-resign-if-benjamin-netanyahu-doesnt-adopt-new-plan-for-gaza-13138944

2 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

His name is not on the letter sent to the ICC 

Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas, promised to target the International Criminal Court and its employees if it issues a warrant for Netanyahu’s arrest—an act several Israeli leaders believe is imminent.

“Target Israel and we will target you,” the letter reads. It threatens to use the 2002 Bush administration American Service-Members’ Protection Act—also known colloquially as “The Hague Invasion Act”—to compel the ICC to release any U.S. person or ally it detains.

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/gop-senators-vow-ruin-icc-220322425.html

https://zeteo.com/p/exclusive-you-have-been-warned-republican

Ah so it's ok for Fetterman to agree with the Generals who you don't give a toss about.....lol

• Haha 1

Global Rally for Hostages yesterday in Israel

Ambassadors, musicians headline rally highlighting plight of international hostages

image.png.df64a0064098e0aab67df573686f6243.png

Hillary Clinton sends video message; US, UK, German and Austrian envoys address crowd, along with Rachel Polin-Goldberg; Eden Golan, Netta Barzilai, Noga Erez perform.

The families of hostages held in Gaza rallied in Tel Aviv on Saturday night, with a high-profile lineup of international speakers and musicians to demand the release of the 125 hostages still held by Hamas since October 7, who hold citizenship from 24 countries.

Video messages from former United States Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and Dr. Phil were screened for the crowd at the event.

There were also speeches by US Ambassador to Israel Jack Lew, UK Ambassador to Israel Simon Walters, German Ambassador to Israel Steffen Seibert and Austrian Ambassador to Israel Nikolaus Lutterotti.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ambassadors-musicians-to-headline-rally-highlighting-plight-of-international-hostages/

Dr. Phil recorded this message for tonight's gathering in Tel Aviv's Hostage Square: "It's been seven months since October 7 and Hamas still holds 132 hostages from 20 different countries.
Hostages being subjected to physical, sexual, and psychological torture. This is not an Israeli issue; this is an international issue, and we need the world's support to get all of these hostages back home. I'm waiting together with you for the return of your loved ones. The world cannot continue to progress until all of these hostages are home. You need to know that all of us here in America have this uppermost in our mind. This is not something that is just happening halfway around the world. We understand this truly impacts everyone of us everyday. You're on our minds and we want this to happen for you. We love you, we care about you, and we stand unified with you each and every day as these loved ones are missing from your lives. God bless you and know that we're behind you every step of the way."

image.png.65aa45056e1358ef87c98ebefcbc09ec.png

https://x.com/AvivaKlompas/status/1791887925996613901

"These hostages represent so much more than just who they are. They are citizens of 17 countries, they practice five religions, they are our fellow men and women and yes children." Hillary Clinton recorded this message to the families of hostages: "To all who are gathered, let me first express my deepest sympathy for the losses that have been suffered, and for those families who are still separated from their loved ones. I know, having met family members of hostages, how deep the pain is, and I know that you will never stop advocating for the release of your loved ones, your family members, your friends, everyone who was kidnapped and is being held hostage. These hostages represent so much more than just who they are. They are citizens of 17 countries, they practice five religions, they are our fellow men and women and yes children. They should be freed immediately. Action should be taken immediately to bring them home. President Biden, I and so many Americans stand with you as you seek their return. I will pray for them and for you that you are reunited soon. This terrible tragedy of their being held hostage must end now."

image.png.4ab5a839214057dbc8c2f31cf856135a.png

https://x.com/AvivaKlompas/status/1791894962344182258

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can't eradicate Hamas. Millions of new sympathizers now world-wide. And to make matters worse for Israel, many are leaning the history leading to this atrocity.

So has/did ISIS, where are they now.........🤗

3 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

And? At the end of the day 80 ex US generals and me don't give a fig about the antisemitic Quincy

There is a reason why you or the generals is not in position to have politacal influence or power. Thank god

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can't eradicate Hamas. Millions of new sympathizers now world-wide. And to make matters worse for Israel, many are leaning the history leading to this atrocity.

For sure Palestinians winning the social media war, as they probably planned for. Israel went straight in to the trap, doing what they always have done. This time the palestinians no matter what happened 7 october, won the propaganda war. Israel got exactly what they paid for when supporting Hamas for decades., to create internal conflicts inside Gaza.

Horrible facts

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Oh gawd here we go, history is another topic not this one :saai:

Why Did Hamas Attack Israel on Oct 7th 2023 a Historical Perspective

https://aseannow.com/topic/1324728-why-did-hamas-attack-israel-on-oct-7th-2023-a-historical-perspective/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

This is a silly argument. The Allies never eradicated the Nazis in WWII, and there are millions of new Nazi sympathizers every year. 

They do not have to be eradicated; they only need to be degraded such that they no longer pose a significant threat. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

There is a reason why you or the generals is not in position to have politacal influence or power. Thank god

Yes the reason I am not one of the generals is because I am British. :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Hamas can be eradicated and the process is already in motion

IMO, all these new young western supporters of Palestine  are having a detrimental effect on their cause 

4 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

And only pro terrorists supporters ignore the captive hostages (dead or alive) and the gruesome event on Oct 7th, oh I know some posters don't like being reminded about that, but fear not we won't let you ever forget!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1