Russian tourist on Pha-ngan Island accused of kicking Thai pregnant woman

webfact

12 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

But I am an Ashkenazi Jew, just like Einstein and many most of the western great minds were was, hence 

You have got to love the arrogance here, what does "many most" mean exactly?

I'm a Jew by the way

• Agree 2

Context

In Australia: a lot of the commentary would be about this bit …

Ploy told Channel 3 that the Russian woman’s boyfriend tried to seek help from a local politician in the province to evade charges

In Thailand: that bit not yet mentioned but a lot of chatter about farangism, wearing shoes indoors and various nationalities bad behaviour leagues. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, NativeBob said:

that thing with removing footwear is really stupid. this is the shop, not your grandma bungalow where she sleeps on the rug, isn't?

according to thai law 8 month pregnant should stay at home, not running whatever biz.

This I totally agree with..  I would like to see someone hang outside that shop for an couple of hours and tell us if the Thai's that go in there take off their shoes.  

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Totally.

People come here thinking Thais are way below them.  Look at everything that is being put in the media.  And, that is just incidents that are reported.  Just a bunch of arrogant, disrespectful idiots.

You don't think that someone who left school age 12 is below you?

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, webfact said:

Authorities from Koh Pha Ngan and the Immigration Office reportedly identified the woman and planned to summon her for questioning. They also intended to review her visa status, as some netizens suggested she might be working in Thailand without permission

Another one wants to go home early.

17 hours ago, 2long said:

How do we know the language was abusive? Sometimes I listen to Chinese people (who maybe discussing what to have for lunch) and to me it sounds like they're about to kill each other.

Is this the next episode of the anti-farang agenda?

But if true, this is disgusting behaviour.

Action speaks louder than words..

13 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

This I totally agree with..  I would like to see someone hang outside that shop for an couple of hours and tell us if the Thai's that go in there take off their shoes.  

Great idea … you can start Thursday. 
We can’t pay you and you’ll need to bring your own lunch, but tabulate the results and post them here after ‘a couple of hours’ and we’ll give you all the up-votes you can eat.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, jvs said:

Naive Bob!This is Thailand and many places request to take off your footwear.

I always do when asked,this is Thailand.

If nativeBob doesn’t like Thai tradition I suggest he books his next flight home it’s that simple respect the traditions of the country after all your only a guest here !

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

how the media tone influences our bias etc.

Exactly. These stories only present one side. They fail basic journalism. 

One kick from that Russian barbie doesn't send anybody to the hospital.  

Edited by Robbkk
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Well, I hear the Fa.. word all then time while I am not supposed to use the N. word? My conclusion is that no one is more racist than the Thais. 

The conclusion is you are clueless among other things.

• Sad 1

It’s clear by the photo that the Russian would not remove her shoes as she can be seen in the shop wearing them I always take my shoes of except for Bars and the big stores and there are only three of them Big C , Tesco , Makro and I forgot Home Mart Limpipong 

17 hours ago, Goat said:

How woke you are.

Farang isnt a racist term. As the word Caucasian isnt racist. Only to the sensitive woke types.

And considering your user name it is a bit rich for you to be claiming that.

His user name is Zioner. Are you suggesting that there is something racist about that? Please explain how.

17 hours ago, Goat said:

The Brits were winning every month from November to January, but they now have some serious competition.

The Russian Karen being todays case. Who will it be tomorrow?

An article that does not refer to a Brit at all, yet you have to show your discrimination against Brits once again.

17 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

Removing footwear is the norm in Thailand. Far from stupid - I think that it is a great idea. Beats walking dirt, dog poo, whatever all over the place.

Maybe the lady lives in a shophouse? We do not know. It could also be her home.

The victim is the owner of the shop. Forget your western approach of 'it's the law'. No work - no dosh.

The victim is not the owner of the shop. She owns the shop next door to the coffee shop where the incident occurred.

Yet another plastic bimbo from mother Russia need to find her and deport her back behind the iron curtain, causing trouble these people are doing nothing but causing problems, working illegally with illegal businesses everywhere it's time that immigration rounded them all up and said Dasfindania Putin needs his cowards back to fight his war. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NativeBob said:

that thing with removing footwear is really stupid. this is the shop, not your grandma bungalow where she sleeps on the rug, isn't?

according to thai law 8 month pregnant should stay at home, not running whatever biz.

Someone like you who is totally incapable of respecting the culture of the country you are visiting should not be allowed to leave home.

Your remark about an 8 month pregnant woman should stay at home is not worthy of comment.

• Sad 1

Wrong for making such a fuss to for some-one to remove their shoes ... its not a legal requirement. Wrong for assaulting a woman, especially a pregant one. This could have been easily avoided. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Well, I hear the Fa.. word all then time while I am not supposed to use the N. word? My conclusion is that no one is more racist than the Thais. 

It's not racist... unlike the western world where everything has become about race with their small minds... What Does 'Farang' Mean in Thai & Should I Be Offended? (thethailandlife.com)

Maybe it's your small minded lack of respect that's the issue.

• Confused 1

17 hours ago, NativeBob said:

They only see life through their blinkered vision.

19 hours ago, stoner said:

the footage of this needs to be presented. the shop has cctv.

Do you not think the police have already reviewed it in order to issue a summons?

17 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

What people should really be focused on is what kind of blow back this rash of shocking incidents might elicit from immigration. The over-tourism and massive wave of foreigners granted long-term visas (especially in Phuket) appears to have reached some type of tipping point where apparently a growing number of people think they can do whatever they want in the Kingdom.  Incivility, disobeying police officers, ignoring labor laws, ignoring visa terms and conditions, engaging in criminal activities, assaulting and verbally abusing Thais, etc. all appear to be on the rise. Anyone who thinks this type of behavior doesn't have potential repercussions is in for a rude awakening.

Heightened background checks, increased visa fees, increased visa requirements, retightening of TM-30 requirements could make the visa application and renewal process far more arduous than it currently is. Visa renewal denials, discontinuation of visa programs are also possibilities. Don't think that the humiliation of disarming a police officer and putting him in a choke hold doesn't increase the likelihood of the use of lethal force by police officers. Not to mention the erosion of general goodwill towards tourists and long-term visitors. Again, people like this need to clean up their act. Make no mistake, they are doing a great deal of harm, and potential repercussions are likely lurking right around the corner.

There are always going to be problems in holiday destinations unfortunately. Fortunately, there are few really serious incidents.

Considering the huge number of visitors to Thailand the incidents are relatively few and so i see no reason to trat all foreigners like criminals.

• Like 1