The owner said if you speak Thai then get out!!

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

Yes it is you clown!

you clearly have no idea about Thai law.

why don’t you just keep quiet instead of showing yourself up on here all the time?

bob.

Bob reads Thai law in Thai!   In fact, I think he authored most of it.   Yeah, that's the ticket.

40 minutes ago, theshu25 said:

I thoughit was the same person as they both talk loads of  cr...ap.

Wouldnt miss gamma but like bob, seems he is smoking too much weed tho

8 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

You are the biggest scaremonger here, there's enough hatred from members, Thai basher but you take the cake, you just keep stirring, making up phoney stories. 

I read that you were packing your bags and heading back to where you come from, what's the delay?

Thailand is not for you.

Good Bye 

He is actually quite optimistic as well as realistic, the issue is more with guys like yourself, sticking their head in the sand.

however always amusing for me, freebie bored girlfriends and wives of those guys who stick their head in the sand as well…

at least you can be proud on one thing; you are thai enough to only think black and white. Scared of color.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hating on farang that do Thai can happen, though as mentioned typically from scummy bar girl types that don’t want you understanding their derogatory bs. This scenario is a bit of a stretch and more believable if she just kicked you out for being a farang (with all the bad press we’ve been receiving of late). C’mon, Bob, what else happened, did you knock her food or grab her skirt perhaps? 😋

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I have friends that are fluent in thai, written and spoken, and still are hassled by on purpose, specially if it is people who want to be special (stewardesses, officials, hotel manager girls etc), as they somehow wanna show off their english (which is super basic and <deleted> compared to their fluent bangkok thai).

Same on the lower ends, like myself speaking “basic thai”, as soon they hear that or even a dating profile is 1 year existing, they dislike or hate you.

its a country of superficial nonsense, pre judgements and xenophobia, sad but true.

Well said mate. 

Many members on here just dont wanna believe thats the case, they live their lives in a perpetual daydream, blissfully unaware of the true feelings of their hosts..

Thailand has a very dark underbelly. It is racist and xenophobic to the core!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Agree 1

What an absolutely bizarre story while I have no reason to question the veracity of the story it just makes one wonder why would this woman have been so offended at a foreigner who speaks Thai, and why she would be bad mouthing a patron. I know some Thai people are uncomfortable being around foreigners who speak Thai as we can understand what they're saying, and they end up getting busted from time to time! But this just a restaurant owner being offended by a patron speaking Thai. That's just incomprehensible, if it really happened, that was a very bizarre woman and moronic woman doesn't deserve any sort of support.

If it were me I would go a step further and I would wage a social media campaign trying to give her a tarnished name. That is always fun, fun, fun. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

What an absolutely bizarre story while I have no reason to question the veracity of the story it just makes one wonder why would this woman have been so offended at a foreigner who speaks Thai, and why she would be bad mouthing a patron. I know some Thai people are uncomfortable being around foreigners who speak Thai as we can understand what they're saying, and they end up getting busted from time to time! But this just a restaurant owner being offended by a patron speaking Thai. That's just incomprehensible, if it really happened, that was a very bizarre woman and moronic woman doesn't deserve any sort of support.

If it were me I would go a step further and I would wage a social media campaign trying to give her a tarnished name. That is always fun, fun, fun. 

I have had a lot worse than that over the years Mate! That was just the latest in a long list of uncomfortable and frankly rather dangerous situations I have found myself in when out and about!

bob.

Edited by bob smith

5 minutes ago, bob smith said:

I have had a lot worse than that over the years Mate! That was just the latest in a long list of uncomfortable and frankly rather dangerous situations I have found myself in when out and about!

bob.

Harden up bob, thought you were an Ozzie character! 

10 hours ago, bob smith said:

Today I was at a restaurant for lunch.

I have been frequenting this place for a while,

the waitresses were always very kind to me and I always tipped handsomely. 

That was until I met the owner this afternoon.

she came in and smiled at me, and I said hello back to her in Thai.

the smile soon disappeared.

I could then hear her bad mouthing me in the back to her chef and waitresses.

farang pood Thai mai Dee, farang kee nok, all the classic one-liners were coming out…

Then she approached my table and told me if I speak Thai again in her restaurant that I should leave immediately and never come back.

So I obliged.

I paid what I owed (3 beers and a sandwich) said thank you in Thai (which really got her riled up) and left.

This is not an isolated incident, I have had many people over the years tell me that foreigners who can speak Thai are no good, I am just shocked as they seemed like really nice people at first.

bob.

Strange for sure.  I speak Thai always whenever I go anywhere.  The response has always been more than pleasant.  Sometimes, a cool reception changes immediately when I do speak Thai.  My experiences only of course so that is why I find your experience in that business strange.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Strange for sure.  I speak Thai always whenever I go anywhere.  The response has always been more than pleasant.  Sometimes, a cool reception changes immediately when I do speak Thai.  My experiences only of course so that is why I find your experience in that business strange.

Well it happened.

And it is far from an isolated incident.

Ever tried talking Thai in a girly bar? Talk about fun!!

bob.

Edited by bob smith
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, theshu25 said:

I thoughit was the same person as they both talk loads of  cr...ap.

I'm sorry I had to write this and my apologies to others who are forced to read this but this poster has to be the " Bogan poster of 2024 award winner "

SHU,  every post in your bogan education has to call people "losers, mutts ,Dxckheads ,nearly every post of  yours is berating others with swear words 

Now imagine yourself in a bar or gymto hear a elderly tattooed man ( TheShu) near you calling people "mutts" , you would expect it from a teenager but a old man ?

So we can imagine what his upbringing was like 

I was in the gym yesterday where im sure I bumped into you ,every second word from the tattooed bogan next to me was swearing and berating others , he would of been the same age as The SHUin his 60's tattooed Aussie, certainly not muscular  but shouting to his friend about others in the gym , luckily I had my headphones on , 

" Ahhh Fxck it mate " he was shouting , look at the Cxnts in here !

my first thought was The SHU 

SHU, Your uneducated and obviously brought up with low class parents in a government housing area ...i would hate to be around you listening to nothing but swearing and berating others ,must be fun been around you 

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, bob smith said:

Well it happened.

And it is far from an isolated incident.

Ever tried talking Thai in a girly bar? Talk about fun!!

bob.

Haven't hung around any of the bars here in over 20 years...but even in the days that I did, I never experienced anything negative with my speaking of Thai.  I used to be fairly fluent 50 years ago after studying the language but then studied too many other languages before I retired here and all fluency was lost.  I can carry on a conversation but if I think it is worth doing I usually apologize first for making any speaking errors.  That always gets a laugh which shows that a conversation might be worthwhile.  But that is just a personal experience, and I do not doubt that you feel slighted by that restaurant owner.  SUch is life in TIT - while all is far from perfect, just where is any perfect area found nowadays?  Good luck!  Stay safe! 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

A perfectly viable option... 

Bob... Prepared to name the place ??.... 

If you are correct, the same will happen to any Non-Thai poster who goes to the same restaurant and speaks Thai to the owner and staff.

did Bob sight an UAP..he's sure getting a grilling!

4 minutes ago, Presnock said:

Haven't hung around any of the bars here in over 20 years...but even in the days that I did, I never experienced anything negative with my speaking of Thai.  I used to be fairly fluent 50 years ago after studying the language but then studied too many other languages before I retired here and all fluency was lost.  I can carry on a conversation but if I think it is worth doing I usually apologize first for making any speaking errors.  That always gets a laugh which shows that a conversation might be worthwhile.  But that is just a personal experience, and I do not doubt that you feel slighted by that restaurant owner.  SUch is life in TIT - while all is far from perfect, just where is any perfect area found nowadays?  Good luck!  Stay safe! 

You too mate.

It certainly is getting wild out there!

bob.

Bob , may I ask if you, in your intellectual travels,  have you perhaps  met old bogans?

Especially from Australia

Those old guy with tatts swearing every second word and usually brought up in  the peasant areas 

Most of these go to Bali fortunately but I did hear many now go  to Phuket too 

Edited by georgegeorgia

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Bob , may I ask if you in your intellectual travels have met old bogans? Especially from Australia

Those old guy with tatts swearing every second word and usually brought up in  the peasant areas 

Most of these go to Bali fortunately but I did hear many ho to Phuket too 

I have met many over the years, particularly in places like Phuket and Samui.

I used to call them Chopper Reads.

bob.

Edited by bob smith

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

This is not an isolated incident, I have had many people over the years tell me that foreigners who can speak Thai are no good, I am just shocked as they seemed like really nice people at first.

This was your mistake, Thais are generally not nice people.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

Let us assume it happened and you are a long term customer who tips well. It might have been that something else tipped her over the edge. I could imagine if a customer was loud or obnoxious or seemed drunk slurring their words or was poorly dressed or flirted with the staff inappropriately she may have had enough and she was looking for an opportunity to get rid of them. Doubt these would apply to you though. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, Dan O said:

Because you post bs thats so unbelievable and has no basis to have occurred. You lie like a bad rug and like nothing more than to bash thais, just 1 day after you claim you want to learn to assimilate into being more Thai. Alcohol is obviously not good for you and your mental state and you should seek help. 

Sadly,

I find Bobs OP completely believable.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, bob smith said:

Today I was at a restaurant for lunch.

I have been frequenting this place for a while,

the waitresses were always very kind to me and I always tipped handsomely. 

That was until I met the owner this afternoon.

she came in and smiled at me, and I said hello back to her in Thai.

the smile soon disappeared.

I could then hear her bad mouthing me in the back to her chef and waitresses.

farang pood Thai mai Dee, farang kee nok, all the classic one-liners were coming out…

Then she approached my table and told me if I speak Thai again in her restaurant that I should leave immediately and never come back.

So I obliged.

I paid what I owed (3 beers and a sandwich) said thank you in Thai (which really got her riled up) and left.

bob.

I'm sorry, but you just seem line an attention w**re.
Is it Bob posting bizarre crap all day, every day?
Inquiring minds want to know.

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sadly,

Not a chance a Thai would throw you out of there resturant for saying  hello in Thai. He's either making  it up or did or said something else to an employee that caused it.  You can believe whatever you want to but his past posts seem to support he's not mentally stable caused due to his drinking.

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Sadly,

It's a shame that many here don't and they think the sun shines out the backside of all thais!

To some, the thai is perfect and can do no wrong. You do have to wonder if many people leave their brains on the plane when they land here!

bob.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1