Western Engineer Assaults Pattaya Bar Women In Row Over Bill

webfact

7 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Could be where he met his "wife". All foreigners like to pretend that their wives were working "in a bank" or "at the DLT" or "at a high end car dealership" when they met them but the truth is, a lot of them met them at the first (or 2nd) beer bar they ever went in to.

I've seen loads of girls who like to drag their latest "catch" to their old bar to show off how generous their new ATM is. And he usually doesn't have a clue but likes all the attention he (and his ladyfriend) get from the staff. Pumps up the ego you know.

And when the bill comes?  Just let your husband fight it out with the other bar girls?  Doesn't sound like a great way to "gain face".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rwill said:

A lot of trouble over 1,000 baht.  

I feel sorry for his wife.  She must have to put up with a lot of hell.

His wife said he had 6 bottles of beer and was very drunk.  Plus if she had some drinks the bill is not that bad.

She may have bought some drinks for staff as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

TWO WOMEN working at a beer bar filed a complaint against a Western engineer at Pattaya City police station this afternoon (Apr. 7) for beating them up in a row over a bill and submitted a surveillance camera clip to support their accusation, TV Channel 7 said this evening.

Ms. Anchisa, 55, manager of the beer bar, and Ms. Warunee, 39, a general employee, told police that at 2 a.m. today a German man and his Thai wife came to their bar to drink beer. When they finished a bill was given to him but he refused to pay saying they had overcharged him and that he did not drink that much.

They then tried to explain the bill to him, with this totalling around one thousand baht, but he refused to listen and then attacked them.

They alleged that the engineer had pushed and slapped them as well as pulled their hair and held them to the ground then pulled them both out to the middle of the road. There were cars passing by but no one came to help them.

by TNR Staff

The beer bar workers being beaten up by a German engineer. Photo: TV Channel 7

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-04-08

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

SIAMSNUS

Just a another cheap white "Shameless Scum" 

• Agree 1

She should claim she is "a doctor" then she could ask the courts for 20M THB in compensation.
But?  Just a bar-girl so "sucks to be you commoner Thai."

• Thumbs Up 1

What were they drinking to get a 1,000 baht bar bill the most I ever spent in a lady bar was 800 baht and that was beer for me and beer for several ladies who I was playing pool with over a 3 hour period 

• Sad 1

This incident adds oil to the fire of foreigners behaving badly in Thailand at a moment the already seen by the Thais as indesirable people.
Soon <deleted> will hit the fan.

5 hours ago, Excogitator said:

So, in your mind, that justifies the use of violence and worse? 

These sleezy bars do this all the time. Its a regular occurrence. I'm sure it has happened to many who read this. I was with my Thai GF in Nana, paid the bill and was way out on the main street and three guys surrounded me and wanted the same money again. The waitress had stolen it. I paid again.

43 minutes ago, rexpotter said:

These sleezy bars do this all the time. Its a regular occurrence. I'm sure it has happened to many who read this. I was with my Thai GF in Nana, paid the bill and was way out on the main street and three guys surrounded me and wanted the same money again. The waitress had stolen it. I paid again.

You know what I'm gonna say next don't you? There is a plethora of areas and places outside of the seedy Nana-district, catering to all kinds of tastes and wallets, where you will never have any problems like that. Why not go there? And especially when bringing your gf/wife..The same goes for places like Phuket and Pattaya. Just don't go there...

Edited by Excogitator
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, webfact said:

Western Engineer Assaults Pattaya Bar Women In Row Over Bill

TWO WOMEN working at a beer bar filed a complaint against a Western engineer

engineer had pushed and slapped them

workers being beaten up by a German engineer 

Crikey, the article let's you know he's an engineer. 

If anyone out there knows the German guy, ask him if he's an engineer please, I don't believe the media.

Seems a bit extreme, there's got to be a joke here somewhere. 🤔

There are so many foreigners from the same country that are being idiots and causing problems in Thailand now the media must include their profession as well as their country. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Aren't "lady drinks" fake drinks that men are required to "buy" in order to pay for the company of bar girls?  Why would his wife be buying "lady drinks"?  I doubt she works in the bar.  Or do you think she was trying to get more money from her husband and into the bar by buying the girls "lady drinks"?

i've seen this happen many times were wives/girlfriends of farangs buy lady drinks - it's a status thing

6 hours ago, pomchop said:

Anchisa said the foreigner’s Thai wife had told her that when her husband was heavily drunk after consuming more than six bottles of beer he did not listen to anyone.

not stating he had 6 beers in her bar in factt doesn't say how many beers they had or how long they were in there, lack of details in this report is problematic 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously, we all have ideas what might have happened. 

But I find it always amazing that within 10 comments we have at least three who are sure what must have happened - and all have different stories. Amazing! 

and you have contributed absolutely nothing to the thread except criticism of other posters - you are very close to my ignore list 

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, smedly said:

and you have contributed absolutely nothing to the thread except criticism of other posters - you are very close to my ignore list 

What would be the point for another speculation? We have more than enough of them already.

Sometimes it makes sense to realize "I don't know what happened" and not pretend to know.

I would love to read follow up articles to all those articles which describe a minute or two of an event and let us all speculate about what really happened. Or how about writing articles only with sufficient information? 

If you want to ignore me, please go ahead. 

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

And when the bill comes?  Just let your husband fight it out with the other bar girls?  Doesn't sound like a great way to "gain face".

I have disputed a few over the top bar bills b4 in LOS,called the tourist police, they settled b4 they arrived, both times, I watch where I drink, that taught me a lesson years ago, and I always steer clear of Pattaya for years now, never have disputes in bars. Never have trouble anywhere just be nice and take it easy out there. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Given his decidedly ignorant handling of a 1000 baht disagreement, I'm willing to bet he consumed every bit of that 1000 baht in the form of alcoholic beverages 🍻 can only hope his foolishness will now cost him even more out of pocket in way of citations and fines. One can hope.

• Agree 2