Latest developments and discussion of recent events in the Ukraine War

4 minutes ago, tgw said:

quite an interesting video.

shot just at the West entrance to Sudzha on the road from Sumy.

If location is correct, then I doubt that Russian propagandists can freely film a video near Sudzha, especially from Ukrainian side of town.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tgw said:

can't really say if these are two infiltrated Ruzzian agents or two idiots.

answering my own question and applying Occam's Razor I'll go with the infiltrated Ruzzian agents theory, because of three reasons:

- this video compromises OPSEC

- I would think the Ukrainian army knows about Ruzzian efforts to paint them as Nazis and thus I would expect that the display of Nazi symbols to be strongly discouraged

- there are many efforts by Ruzzia in the past to plant such false narratives: https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-is-there-any-truth-to-russias-ukrainian-nazis-propaganda/a-63970461

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, VBer said:

If location is correct, then I doubt that Russian propagandists can freely film a video near Sudzha, especially from Ukrainian side of town.

depends when.

maybe the video predates the attack.

the other possibility is two infiltrated Ruzzian agents. there are loads of infiltrated Ruzzian agents in the Ukrainian military.

anyway, due to Ruzzia's history of lying in addition to the lack of identification on the soldiers, very little credit can be given to this video.

Edited by tgw
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, tgw said:

quite an interesting video.

shot just at the West entrance to Sudzha on the road from Sumy.
it's very interesting how the soldiers wear no recognizable insignia or colors and how the camera spends time on the Ukrainian armed forces flag on the car.
can't really say if these are two infiltrated Ruzzian agents or two idiots.

Be interesting for a translation, not doing any harm to the old guy as I can see, yes he might be rubbing it in a bit, but Ukrainians have suffered badly under the Russians

7 minutes ago, candide said:

The interesting question is where exactly did you get that video from?

From Russian propagandist channels, of course them couldn’t skip reposting gift like this.

3 minutes ago, tgw said:

the other possibility is two infiltrated Ruzzian agents. there are loads of infiltrated Ruzzian agents in the Ukrainian military.

They not hiding their faces, it is not possible to still remain to be agent after it.

Instead a constructing complicated theory, why not use Occam’s razor again 😀 and admit that there is a chance that this video is really made by Ukrainian pow’s?

25 minutes ago, VBer said:

It's very easy to make a fake signpost

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, zmisha said:

So bad news for Z guys like me today. Drinking today's morning coffee at 7-11 store in a sad mood. Russia is facing unprecedented aggression.

Didn't know what to do with this post. Confused, sad, laughing at the nonsense, all is applicable.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, zmisha said:

So bad news for Z guys like me today. Drinking today's morning coffee at 7-11 store in a sad mood. Russia is facing unprecedented aggression.

Are you really a Z guy?

Did you have some sort of mental breakdown and then throw in with the bad guys?

7 hours ago, Seppius said:

Be interesting for a translation, not doing any harm to the old guy as I can see, yes he might be rubbing it in a bit, but Ukrainians have suffered badly under the Russians

And what is your opinion about SS signs on helmet, and cosplaying nazi Germans?

25 minutes ago, VBer said:

And what is your opinion about SS signs on helmet, and cosplaying nazi Germans?

If I came across a German helmet, I would probably put it on for a photo op, also it looks like he found it in Russia, I doubt it standard Ukraine uniform

21 minutes ago, Seppius said:

If I came across a German helmet, I would probably put it on for a photo op, also it looks like he found it in Russia, I doubt it standard Ukraine uniform

So, wearing nazi symbols and cosplaying nazis while invading Russian soil - is kind of normal?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

"Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky announced on August 15 that Ukrainian forces had fully captured the Russian town of Sudzha in Kursk Oblast. Commander-in-Chief Oleksandr Syrskyi confirmed that Ukrainian troops have seized control of over 80 settlements, with 1,150 square kilometers of Russian territory now under their authority. A military administration is being established in Sudzha, and Ukraine plans to create a "security zone" to safeguard its border regions and disrupt Russian logistics."

Zelensky Announces Complete Liberation of Sudzha, Kursk Oblast from Russian Control

Establishing a Ukrainian military administration in Kursk - interesting. I wonder what that portends.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, VBer said:

How did you knew that?

Because the Russians have done it previously. The Ukraine forces are well aware of thee  claims of  Nazisim and measures were taken to prevent such incidents.  There will always be stupidity and some idiot may at some point do similar, but  under the circumstances, when the whole world is watching for missteps, such an action would be unusual.

Your claim of it being Ukrainian has no greater validity than it being a Russian staged event for propaganda purposes.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Are you really a Z guy?

Did you have some sort of mental breakdown and then throw in with the bad guys?

Perhaps he envied the Russian opportunity to loot women's lingerie and home appliances?

1 hour ago, VBer said:

So, wearing nazi symbols and cosplaying nazis while invading Russian soil - is kind of normal?

It was an old helmet for goodness’s sake, this IS nazzi cosplay...........

here-is-new-photos-im-sorry-for-looking-like-nazi-and-sorry-v0-wzh1j0fsh7xc1.webp

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

:whistling:

If it was a routine deployment which did Austin make such a big deal about it.

Next.

Because it demonstrated US capabilities and was intended to reassure US allies in the region. In any given week, the US and other militaries will make grand announcements similar to this. Last June, the Russian navy deployed its flotilla to Havana, Cuba for a week and then traveled to  South America.  The flotilla included the Admiral Gorshkov a guided missile frigate,  one of the Russian navy’s most modern stealth models equipped with Zircon hypersonic missiles, which Putin has in the past said can fly nine times faster than the speed of sound at a range of more than 1,000km. It also carried Kalibr and Oniks cruise missiles.  The Kazan a nuclear-powered submarine equipped with missiles from the Kalibr and Oniks families was included.   Where were you when the Russians  did this? Did you accuse them of a provocation?   The Russians had made a similar announcement to the USA. The difference is that the Russian presence was intended to prop up dictatorships, while the US presence is to deter violence.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1