What is life about ? A rant .

The alcoholic brother strikes again. It's hard to find a story about a foreigner being drained of his money by his Thai wife without there being a problematic, unfixable brother in the picture who is the source of all the financial woes. Out of all the possible narratives they could use to extract money from foreigners who would've ever thought the misfit brother would prove to be the most lucrative method. 

• Like 1

42 ... ? yes I know ...

financial woes ? not have . I was clever enough to only give what I can afford to lose ..

But I gave enough already . No more .

Muay thai ? not have on the island , Anyway , nearly 70 now .

I should have stayed in France ? Yes , The life and people in the provence were nicer than here ... but I am the last of my family , not have kids ... never wanted ... what to to when old ...?

47 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

The alcoholic brother strikes again. It's hard to find a story about a foreigner being drained of his money by his Thai wife without there being a problematic, unfixable brother in the picture who is the source of all the financial woes. Out of all the possible narratives they could use to extract money from foreigners who would've ever thought the misfit brother would prove to be the most lucrative method. 

Luckily, we don't have an alcoholic in the gf's family. But I wonder, is there a good solution to that problem?

In some farang countries, we might send such a person to a clinic - provided by some health insurance.

And/or he would get some social security payments from the state.

All this doesn't happen in Thailand. So, what is the solution? Just telling him to stop? Send him away, like you are not family anymore?

I guess it is difficult.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Luckily, we don't have an alcoholic in the gf's family. But I wonder, is there a good solution to that problem?

In some farang countries, we might send such a person to a clinic - provided by some health insurance.

All this doesn't happen in Thailand. So, what is the solution? Just telling him to stop? Send him away, like you are not family anymore?

I guess it is difficult.

Your assuming the brother really is an alcoholic and that the narrative is not just a ruse to extract more money from the foreigner. 

3 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Your assuming the brother really is an alcoholic and that the narrative is not just a ruse to extract more money from the foreigner. 

He really is . He is living on borrowed time ... had an operation already because of health problem .

Lao Khao is the drug that needs to be banned ... but also a part of " normal " life in Isaan .

After all , I can give a very short summary to my Narrative : Enjoy life without ever getting married ... ( not from Chat GTP ...)

• Like 1

Just now, GrungthepGringo said:

Perhaps the one being introduced as the alcoholic Thai brother is really her Thai husband. 

I would know that after 25 yrs ... anyway , who would marry him ?

5 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Photos or we can't be certain. 

OK after my Duck blu block dissolves, otherwise the colour will be off

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

Good luck in your twilight years.

Just take every day as it comes. A beer at sunset and a glass of pastis before bed.

Thank you .

I like a good whiskey when it get's dark outside . Pastis ? not so much , I am not french ... just lived there a long time ...

Edited by nobodysfriend
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

Brothers are a huge downside to becoming involved with a Thai gf or wife. My gf has 2 brothers and 2 sisters. The sisters are ok. One lives with us and helps out in the garden and house. The other lives a long way away. 

Her brothers are pretty bad but not as bad as some I have seen. The youngest of the family is the most lazy person I have ever seen besides his son, my gf's nephew. The youngest's wife is a lazy fat pig, no other way to describe her. We have nothing to do with them, not even to say hello. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I guess it is difficult.

Te cure for that, is to know your coming wife family and friends, and Not marry if you are not sure about her family is good or not. Her family problems becomes your problems. Never experienced a thai girl who left her family and her problems behind her, they will always stirr up bad feelings guilt and demands making her unhappy. 

I left one family before I marriend the one Im with now. 

Out of 20 +- very few had wifes who did not have some bad family relations or high expectations or unrealistic claims.

Know the family and friends, you will know the future

Edited by Hummin
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Just out of interest, if you then ask ChatGPT to summarise the summary, and then ask it to summarise the summary of the summary, will this app eventually disappear up its own backside with a one-word summary "sh*t!!'? 🙂

You could try it and report your findings. 

if you are not happy about the money requests
answer is simple, to be blunt,
grow a pair and tell her, and then talk about where to go from there.
or
setup direct debit or whatever equivalent scheduled payment of X amount and tell her that is it.
Sounds like you have already let this go on way too long.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, GrungthepGringo said:

Let's say it like this: There seems to me many Thais out there who drink lots of alcohol. So independent of above, it is a common problem.  

• Like 1