Physical Altercation Between Guards and Customers on Soi 6 in Pattaya Goes Viral

webfact

1 hour ago, hotandsticky said:

Don't go.

....but don't preach either.

I'm not preaching... and I don't choose to go.

Trash attracts trash.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChumpChange said:

Whether they knew the 3rd guy or not doesn't seem material. Fact is they already paid all outstanding bills before any violence erupted. 

As you said, guards should have left and no violence should have occurred at all. But these guards are probably looking for any opportunity to smash up anyone who is a bit drunk and acting a bit aggressive.

They also probably want to prove their worth to the bar owners and as to why they should be paid to be there. All of it is all wrong on every level. 

And also the spectators ( bargirls) would surely provide a boost to their manhood as they put the errant tourists in their places. 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Spock said:

And then they beat and kick them to death or close to it and that's fair enough is it? ! In this case you are making assumptions that the incident occurred because the farangs disrespected the culture. Not that you have any idea that this is true, but it supports your irrational belief that Thais can do no wrong. It's a bit laughable anyway suggesting that culture and genuine local ways can be found within a girlie bar in Pattaya.

If you have been reading my comments, you would already know, I did not support the way the guards acted, which means it does not support your mention of irrational belief, as I already seen that as wrong. However, you do not have to have more than common sense to understand that you do not scream, make angry pointing and ask for a fight acting like an arse in a foreign country nor your home country. So, all you wrote is trash. Better luck next time. Maybe you beam down the facts before that, Mr Spock

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, LennyW said:

the Thai police said differently here today.

yeah, the charades will continue for awhile and then suddenly all is forgotten......TIT 101.

10 minutes ago, Ctkong said:

And also the spectators ( bargirls) would surely provide a boost to their manhood as they put the errant tourists in their places. 

You seem to know little about Thailand - nor, do you read Thai social media.

In many similar situations in the past the girls in the bars have afforded protection to injured visitors - and tried to protect them from 'security'.

Lay a finger on the girls and it is a different matter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spock said:

They are no doubt tourists. Do you expect foreigners coming for a holiday to be aware of the subtle nuances of Thai society and behaviour? Bouncers in tourist areas need to act with restraint and professionalism and defuse rather than inflame situations that they are called on to sort out. These guys are out of control thugs and to suggest that tourists bring a severe beating on themselves by yelling is an absolute nonsense, the sort of crap that a certain unfortunate sector of expats and others tend to spout each time an incident like this occurs.

But did you read what you replied to? Where did I say they brought it on themselves? Where did I say the guards where not out of line? What I posted was that you don´t even have to be smart to understand to not ask for fights, scream and yell in public, be over drunk and behave like an arse.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Security guards arrested after tourist assault in Pattaya
by Ryan Turner

image.jpeg

Image courtesy of Pattaya News

Pattaya City Police apprehended three security guards after a viral video captured them allegedly assaulting a tourist. The incident, which has caused widespread condemnation and raised concerns about Pattaya’s image as a tourist destination, occurred at approximately 11.36pm yesterday.

Police Colonel Navin Teerawit, superintendent of Pattaya City Police Station, led the operation to detain the suspects.

The individuals, identified as 27 year old Ball, 36 year old Tom, and 24 year old Ice were taken in for questioning and further legal action. These guards were reportedly part of a freelance group providing security for multiple bars, though they were not directly linked to any specific establishment.

The guards have admitted their involvement in the incident. Ball claimed he was initially assaulted by a tourist, which led to injuries requiring medical attention.

Despite this alleged provocation, the guards’ actions have been widely criticised as excessive, particularly since one guard was seen kicking a tourist in the head as he lay on the ground after being beaten.

Pol. Col. Navin reprimanded the guards, stressing that their primary duty is to ensure the safety of tourists, not to engage in violence. He emphasised the need for restraint and the importance of involving law enforcement to de-escalate conflicts.

“Security personnel must act professionally and maintain composure. Their actions directly impact Pattaya’s reputation as a safe and welcoming tourist destination.”

The superintendent ordered a strict legal follow-up to ensure the guards face the consequences of their actions. The investigation is supported by CCTV footage, which documents the escalation of the confrontation and serves as crucial evidence.

The incident has sparked a broader conversation about the conduct of security personnel in Pattaya, highlighting the delicate balance between maintaining order and preserving the city’s welcoming atmosphere for tourists.

Details of the legal charges against the guards have not been immediately disclosed by Pattaya police. Despite various rumours circulating online, the condition of the tourist who appeared to be kicked in the head remains unclear.

His friends, who were also present, have reportedly declined to file police reports or press charges, seemingly wanting to move past the incident. However, given the viral nature of the video, avoiding legal repercussions may no longer be possible, reported Pattaya News.

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-27

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

In this article the headline says "Security guards arrested" then is goes on to say "Pattaya City Police apprehended...", then it goes on to say the suspects (guards) were "detained", then it says they were "reprimanded" and lastly "Details of the legal charges against the guards have not been immediately disclosed by Pattaya police".

No wonder there's so much confusion around this incident, the news outlets can't even get their stories straight. 

2 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

A better suggestion, why don't you stop writing your rubbish and get your facts straight?

As I said, better for you to just pass and read what you like instead. Don´t you know, that one mans rubbish is another mans gold.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

You seem to know little about Thailand - nor, do you read Thai social media.

In many similar situations in the past the girls in the bars have afforded protection to injured visitors - and tried to protect them from 'security'.

No concern for the customers welfare though , they just see it as a way to get an extra customer for themselves 

1 hour ago, Spock said:

What does it really matter who started it? It was the way that it was continued and ended that is the concern.

Really?

Let's say you punch me, and I fall down and hit my head on a stone, and I need hospital treatment. 

Are you guilty and should the police arrest you?

Would it matter if I told your gf that she is an ugly slut? And I told you that you are a little pu&$y?

Personally, I think if I would do that then you would have a good reason to punch me. What do you think?

Sorry, the above is not personal, just a clear example.

• Confused 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

I hate it when I see my fellow Brits and other foreigners behaving this way, refusing to pay bar bills (even if inflated) and getting lairy after a few drinks. They probably deserved a bit of a slap to teach them how to behave better, but not the head kicking. That final kick was intended to kill IMO

Why should you pay an inflated bar bill?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

55 minutes ago, Flummoxed said:

I don't think it's a rule more of a procedural issue. If the Brit is in as serious a condition as reported by the British press you can be sure that procedure will start moving along real quick. That vile, fat, moronic thug needs arresting. At the very least it's an attempted murder charge.

Already on Sky News earlier

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

In fairness, you are the one who started the whole false story on this forum that the Brits punched a Thai girl in the face and broke her nose

"This is popping up on various websites, is seems the 2 Brits got a beating by security guards after they refused to pay their 2000 baht bin and punched the girl in the nose, breaking it."

True, but I was going by I read online at the time, surely the news outlets have the time, personnel and supposed know how to follow up and get the story straight.

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

But after that it's running the gauntlet time.

maybe if the law is properly carried out re these 3 goons soi 6 will be a tad safer place.

28 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

It is referring to some kind of positive human achievement. 

Thailand certainly has some culture.

But being very thin skinned, prone to loss-of-face, and having temper tantrums is not culture.

Nonetheless, we have to walk on eggshells in the name of "culture"

No, we don´t. We just have to show respect to them, as we also need to do to people in our home countries. You seem to come here with thought like all high chip on shoulder foreigners and think you have to walk on egg shell. Pathetic!

• Thumbs Up 1

positive energy to those guys,,,,, their brains must be scrambled after those rounds of "Penalty Shots" I hope they pull through their injuries,,,, can not image the medical cost

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

The tourists apparently tried running a scam at the bar.

Ok then they are thieves in a foreign country. Very dumb of them. 

• Haha 1