6 minutes ago, superal said:

Wise took my money from my UK bank within 10 minutes of the transfer request and held on to it with no attempt to pay into my Thai bank . No problems in 10 years with Wise until now . Their agent lying to me , made things worse .

Did they?  Sometimes pending actions can appear to be complete on bank websites, as the requested funds are no longer accessible by you, but are still being processed.  Doesn't mean the pixels have been sent out yet.  Wise pulling from other banks typically requires additional checks and approvals not needed when pushing from your bank.

17 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Were your transactions identical other than the slightly smaller amount?  "Monthly expenses" usually arrives in seconds, "Long-term stay" requires additional processing and usually arrives the following day.

For my "long-term stay" transfers, Wise sends the money to Bangkok Bank at 10am, and is released to my account at 1pm.  For my "monthly expense" transfers, I can access the money within seconds.  (sending baht from USA)

You wrote "Got an email from them saying they had received my money from my bank."  Are you having Wise pull from your bank, rather than sending from your bank to Wise?

Wise pull from my UK bank in seconds , as happened in my last 2 transactions 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, connda said:

I've worked 1st tier customer service in the past - getting angry at the rep for the corporate policies and customer service talking points is stupid and rude.  It's not the person on the other end of the phone's fault. 

If you want to spew shade at someone, get the address (email or snail mail) of the corporate head of Consumer Affairs and write to them.  Swearing and threatening the guy or gal on the help-desk is, again - stupid and rude.

Really, there are ways to handle your complain and the way you handled it is not effective. 

Just friendly advice.  Stay calm, work with the person on the customer service desk, if you are not happy (and wish to cuss at someone) ask to be put in contact with a supervisor.  Easy.

Btw - the customer service rep you spoke with showed you the kind of restraint you yourself should practice.  Corporate policy and technical affairs are NOT their fault.  Be civil.  :thumbsup:

If he had given an honest answer and not B/S lies . As it happens I did not shout but it was controlled criticism of Wise . I am well aware of telephone conduct and you do not have to lecture me .

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 10:11 AM, superal said:

I have used Wise for 14 years here in Thailand . I have recommended them to many others . Always give 10/10 on their customer satisfaction surveys . However over the last 3 days they have , on one occasion , not made my transfer after 24 hours , so I cancelled and made a fresh transfer for slightly less money . When filling out the transfer form they said you money should arrive in seconds but no it did not .  Got an email from them saying they had received my money from my bank and that was it . So I tracked the transfer and it told me it would pay out at a given time which was 6 hours after the initial transfer . Normally I get the money in 1 minute and can access from an ATM straight away . I am used to the instant transfer but this latest event means some forward planning ahead to get funds transferred . Anyone else having the same experience as me ?

I have noticed the excessive delay in them making transfers. They spend a fortune on computer networking and they still take almost a day to make a simple transfer, plus they have increased their charges. WISE needs to get Wise.

Edited by Photoguy21
  • Agree 2

51 minutes ago, Madgee said:

n odd occasions I use the reason of 'long term stay', it normally is completed by about 2 pm the following working day. 

That's what I do. I never use it for some kind of "instant" transfer.

For me it's important that it is labelled as foreign transfer in the book/statements.

Initiated transfer today (Friday) and it will arrive Tuesday.

? Thought for a moment to realize that Monday is a public holiday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Where did you get that from? Wise make a big issue of telling us that 'no money crosses borders'. So why would they need the services of Tranglo?

I have also seen information about Wise using Tranglo it’s within their information somewhere l can’t recall where but. Apparently it is Tranglo systems Wise’s partner bank as they call them that have technical issues..

2 hours ago, connda said:

I've worked 1st tier customer service in the past - getting angry at the rep for the corporate policies and customer service talking points is stupid and rude.  It's not the person on the other end of the phone's fault. 

If you want to spew shade at someone, get the address (email or snail mail) of the corporate head of Consumer Affairs and write to them.  Swearing and threatening the guy or gal on the help-desk is, again - stupid and rude.

Really, there are ways to handle your complain and the way you handled it is not effective. 

Just friendly advice.  Stay calm, work with the person on the customer service desk, if you are not happy (and wish to cuss at someone) ask to be put in contact with a supervisor.  Easy.

Btw - the customer service rep you spoke with showed you the kind of restraint you yourself should practice.  Corporate policy and technical affairs are NOT their fault.  Be civil.  :thumbsup:

Particularly when you have no plan b 🤣

3 hours ago, KannikaP said:

I have always sent my monthly Immigration transfer via Wise to Bangkok Bank, ticking the long term stay option. This has always made it take until 14.04 the next day to arrive in Bkk Bank. 

Today I did exactly the same, and got the message that it would be here in 7 hours ie on 31st May, when it needs to be in June. I cancelled the transfer and will do it again later this evening so that it arrives, as a Foreign Transfer on 2nd June.

No, it will now be 4th June.

Just did Bht 1000 from Revolut to Bkk Bank = instant.

• Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Stanton681 said:

I too have experienced delay with Wise this week.

A Wise a/c transfer to my Thai bank took 48 hours rather than the seconds Wise had indicated. No notifications nor explanations appeared anywhere while I waited and occasionally checked progress.

An e-mail received from Wise after the deposit finally arrived (6 hours from the time they’d ultimately sent it) said ‘sorry it took longer than expected’.  

Something certainly seems wrong.

Hopefully they’re not going the way of XendPay, although Wise appears substantially underpinned financially in comparison.

A quick search shows that Wise are a regulated company in every country that they serve . 

However there is no consistency with the time it takes them to transfer money , as clearly shown on this topic .

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, superal said:

A quick search shows that Wise are a regulated company in every country that they serve . 

However there is no consistency with the time it takes them to transfer money , as clearly shown on this topic .

In the 6 years I’ve used Wise, transfers have taken seconds: either with their extracting funds from my UK a/c or them transferring money to my Thai bank - until now. 😞

Whatever, we’re seeing a number of people on here experiencing delays. 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

That's what I do. I never use it for some kind of "instant" transfer.

For me it's important that it is labelled as foreign transfer in the book/statements.

Initiated transfer today (Friday) and it will arrive Tuesday.

? Thought for a moment to realize that Monday is a public holiday.

I never realised that banks shut their computers down on Bank & Public holidays.......sarcasm emoji!

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

Were your transactions identical other than the slightly smaller amount?  "Monthly expenses" usually arrives in seconds, "Long-term stay" requires additional processing and usually arrives the following day.

For my "long-term stay" transfers, Wise sends the money to Bangkok Bank at 10am, and is released to my account at 1pm.  For my "monthly expense" transfers, I can access the money within seconds.  (sending baht from USA.

Post deleted....double post

Edited by Raindancer

For my "long-term stay" transfers, Wise sends the money to Bangkok Bank at 10am, and is released to my account at 1pm.  For my "monthly expense" transfers, I can access the money within seconds.  (sending baht from USA.

Thks for that clarification.  I have always used " for long term stay".   And despite stating will arrive in seconds, it always arrives same day at 1413 hrs.

And yet my neighbour and I did a transaction at the same time from a UK bank to Bkk for the same amount.  His arrived within minutes and mine 6 hours later.

I did contact wise by telephone citing the above, and they provided me with a list of reasons from their pre produced script.

I must try your option of monthly expenses next time. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Double post deleted by user ( submit button stuck)

Edited by Raindancer
Double post

Posted (edited)

Post deleted ( submit button stuck)

Edited by Raindancer

Posted (edited)

Post deleted by user...( submit button stuck)

Edited by Raindancer

2 hours ago, KannikaP said:

No, it will now be 4th June.

Just did Bht 1000 from Revolut to Bkk Bank = instant.

The reason is that Monday 3rd June is the Thai Queen's birthday, and a Thai bank holiday.

I just did a transfer with Wise and because I sent it as Funds for long term stay in Thailand I wasn't expecting it until Monday afternoon anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, superal said:

I have been using Wise since 2018 and my money has always arrived in BKK bank +/- a couple of minutes of the time Wise has quoted.

25 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

Thks for that clarification.  I have always used " for long term stay".   And despite stating will arrive in seconds, it always arrives same day at 1413 hrs.

Not in my experience. Start the 'long term' transfer before 6am, Thai time, and it will probably arrive same day at 14.05 ish as an FTT.

After 6am it takes an extra day.

5 hours ago, superal said:

Wise pull from my UK bank in seconds , as happened in my last 2 transactions 

Can you expand on the process for Wise "pulling" from your bank?  I always fund my transfers by sending money from my bank to Wise and wasn't aware of a pull option.  I wonder if that is causing the issue.

• Like 1