Trump found guilty of 34 counts of falsifying business records

webfact

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, stevenl said:

No. Being fluent was never and nowhere a requirement. 

I believe the correct and more appropriate term is to ‘have Latin’ or ‘have some Latin’.

As a child I learned classical Latin, and to this day still read Latin classics, most recently ‘The Agricola’ but I don’t read ecclesiastical or Medieval Latin.

Latin as a subject has been widely taught in western schools and I expect far more people have at least some Latin than might be expected.

Edited by Chomper Higgot

On 5/31/2024 at 9:52 AM, riclag said:

First time for everything !

First former Potus to be dem convicted , as a result his donation site crashed!

IMG_2741.jpeg.1645d75aa0c3d06ded425549fb805e74.jpeg

You might want to check the numbers -NEGATIVE job growth , hundreds of thousands dead from mismanaged Covid, he helped cause the inflation by handing out checks to his donors and the American people.  Next

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

As part of his pre-sentencing, the now convicted felon will have to undergo all the same processes as any other convicted individual in the United States. He will have a pre-probation hearing where he will be asked numerous questions, will have to provided a full and complete financial disclosure, and must urinate in a cup in front of his Probation Officer (and because he has an SS detail, in front of at least one SS agent). He must file a form requesting approval to travel anywhere, such as to any campaign stop, or even between his different residences. He must surrender any firearms he owns plus any permit he might have to carry. Apparently, he has already surrendered his Passport, as that is required of all convicted felons before sentencing.

The convicted felon, I suspect, will not take kindly to being treated like every other private citizen who is a convicted felon. He demanded a drug test for Biden before any debate, well, he gets his own drug test because of his status as a convicted felon facing possible incarceration.

I believe there is a word common in this part of the world for such a situation...k-something.

Do you have a link verifying that info. 

As I've been convicted of a felony (in FL/firearm & PA/drugs), and none of that was required.  Conviction involved a firearm, and my other 15 firearms did not need to be turned in, and I was returned the 1 firearm that was related to the 'crime', after probation.

Both records expunged.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Presto said:

I remember a couple of especially vicious and racist anti-Obama (and Michelle Obama) websites from that time.

And of course there was the 24/7 full blast spewing of derogatory remarks by Fox News. And it's affiliates I assume.

I remember watching Al Jaz in LOS during the campaign, and at the very end of the clip, for maybe 5 seconds, they showed people at rallies holding up signs depicting the O family as monkeys.  Never saw that on any Western channel; imagine, Fox judging something as too low!

Edited by bendejo
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

As part of his pre-sentencing, the now convicted felon will have to undergo all the same processes as any other convicted individual in the United States. He will have a pre-probation hearing where he will be asked numerous questions, will have to provided a full and complete financial disclosure, and must urinate in a cup in front of his Probation Officer (and because he has an SS detail, in front of at least one SS agent). He must file a form requesting approval to travel anywhere, such as to any campaign stop, or even between his different residences. He must surrender any firearms he owns plus any permit he might have to carry. Apparently, he has already surrendered his Passport, as that is required of all convicted felons before sentencing.

The convicted felon, I suspect, will not take kindly to being treated like every other private citizen who is a convicted felon. He demanded a drug test for Biden before any debate, well, he gets his own drug test because of his status as a convicted felon facing possible incarceration.

I believe there is a word common in this part of the world for such a situation...k-something.

1 minute ago, Gecko123 said:

I wonder if Trump will be required to undergo any type of psychological evaluation as part of the pre-sentencing evaluation or if Trump will be required to attend psychological counseling as part of his sentence.

Holy Buddha people.  It's a white collar paperwork crime.

He's not danger to himself or society, nor a flight risk.   Where do y'all come up with this BS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Thailand said:

Saw this on a VERY popular media site so guess it has some substance?

prob.jpg

I'm not sure this is truly his probation officer. Maybe, but I do not know.

Because a convicted felon must do a pre-sentencing hearing where the felon must urinate into a cup in front of his Probation Officer, I might assume the courts would appoint a gender match (no anti-woke comments, please about gender),

Perhaps the apparent legal expert @jerrymahoney will comment.

I have a sneaking suspicion the felon would have a lot of 'scared bladder' issues if forced to urinate in front of a woman.

While I am sure any Probation Officer would be thoroughly professional, I kind of sense another NDA, or maybe another Pecker "Catch and Kill" on the horizon, just to be sure nobody sells an eyewitness tale.

• Haha 2

No comment from me just this:

New York State Unified Court System

Pre-Sentence Report
A Judge uses a pre-sentence report to help decide the defendant’s punishment for the crime. The pre-sentence report is made by probation officers. The report is made after the conviction and before the date for Sentencing in felony and serious misdemeanor cases.

https://www.nycourts.gov/courthelp/criminal/preSentenceReport.shtml

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

He's not danger to himself or society, nor a flight risk.   Where do y'all come up with this BS.

The process is the process. No fear nor favor. White collar fraudster or mass murderer...all get the same treatment.

I get the impression @jerrymahoney was a practicing attorney in NY, so he might have info on what a convicted felon in NY State can expect in a pre-sentencing hearing.

Besides, even a successful, wealthy white collar criminal could have serious mental issues that might lead him or her to self-harm if incarcerated, and it would be irresponsible for authorities NOT to do a psychological evaluation before any possible confinement. Remember Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted felon's friend?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Walker88 said:

I get the impression @jerrymahoney was a practicing attorney in NY, so he might have info on what a convicted felon in NY State can expect in a pre-sentencing hearing.

Thank you. Not an attorney but 40+ years ago I worked with attorneys and CPA's on oil&gas legal issues when you actually had to sit in a law library to get the answers.

5 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

The process is the process. No fear nor favor. White collar fraudster or mass murderer...all get the same treatment.

Besides, even a successful, wealthy white collar criminal could have serious mental issues that might lead him or her to self-harm if incarcerated, and it would be irresponsible for authorities NOT to do a psychological evaluation before any possible confinement. Remember Jeffrey Epstein, the convicted felon's friend?

I'll just go by my own personal experience....

... kept my PP

... no drug test, even with the drug conviction (PA)

... kept my firearms, again, with a firearm conviction (FL)

... did have to notify PO about out of state travel, (PA conviction only) but given full freedom after 1st request.  No need for repeat permissions to travel.   International never came up.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

... kept my PP

... did have to notify PO about out of state travel, (PA conviction only) but given full freedom after 1st request.  No need for repeat permissions to travel.   International never came up.

This is in New York. Completely different ball game, NOT your personal experience.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Part of the pre-sentencing review process is to evaluate whether an offender is likely to offend again. Trump's narcissism and sense of entitlement border on being legendary, and there is reason to consider whether a psychological pathology underlies his behavior. Trump has a long history of civil infractions (sexual assault, slander, fraud, tax evasion, etc.) and multiple criminal cases which are pending, so there are many who would disagree with your blithe assessment that he presents no danger to society.

Edited by Gecko123
  • Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Below suggests that nothing you state is a requirement before sentencing or after.

Mirrors my real life experiences.  And since PA & FL convictions for myself, didn't even need to do the pre-sentence report, that NY apparent requires.   Things may have changed of course, as PA was 1974 ? and FL was 1990 ?

19 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

No comment from me just this:

New York State Unified Court System

Pre-Sentence Report
A Judge uses a pre-sentence report to help decide the defendant’s punishment for the crime. The pre-sentence report is made by probation officers. The report is made after the conviction and before the date for Sentencing in felony and serious misdemeanor cases.

https://www.nycourts.gov/courthelp/criminal/preSentenceReport.shtml

Thank you

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

... kept my PP

I'm guessing this was DECADES ago. You do understand that procedures and punishments change over time, right?

58 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

You don't believe trump will be given a waiver to the usual protocols?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HappyExpat57 said:

And anyone who uses Fox Not News as a source has drank the Kool-Aid and put on the blinders of idiocy.

I’ve never heard that before.  

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

7 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Then you must have great "guns" (biceps). Those legal tomes are heavy.

I appreciate your calm demeanor and factual input. You are much more even handed than I can be.

Thanks again. I lived in NYCity in mid1970's and was very aware of Mr. Trump (much as Robert DeNiro described) but upon waking up election morning NOV 2016 and realizing THAT guy was now President, I said that I will never under-estimate this guy again, And part of that was realizing  that the slam-dunk type talk with all these criminal cases was doing just that.

2 hours ago, Yagoda said:

"An International Experience". Yeah, I have those too every time I go to Nana, but that doesnt qualify me to opine on a Thai language message Board about Thai politics.

But hey, go back into your own history and study the Dreyfus trial. Good analogy to Trumps case.

No need for that. Trump already compares himself to Nelson Mandela! 😃

10 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Is the US a monarchy, or are ALL equal under the law?

I now know Repubs think we're a monarchy operating under the Magna Carta...at least when one of their own is involved in criminal activity.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, candide said:

Hillary and the Dems never claimed the 2016 election had been rigged and that the count was not right! Trump did! 😀

Your other meaningless comment about houses shows you are short of real arguments!

so 5+ years of non stop 'Russia Russia Russia' didn't happen then?

• Love It 1

5 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Just so you get correct information, all requirements of the sentence itself can be stayed pending appeal pursuant to NYSPL Sec 460, except firearms which are governed by Federal Law. Presentence procedures are between the Secret Service and Court. Its fair to say that the stay pending appeal will occur immediately after sentence.

If you want,  Ill let you know when the TDS crowd gives you misinformation.

• Love It 1