No Skips! How Do We Get Rid of Heavy Rubbish?

siftasam

I live in a village between Chiang Mai and Lamphun.

I have some heavy rubbish like an old air conditioner unit (inside and out) that nobody I ask seems to want (not surprisingly!).

How do we get rid of this stuff?

I'll try that, thanks!

(I always thought it was a great idea 20 years ago on visiting East Germany (as was) that every two weeks everyone put outside items they no longer wanted e.g. old radios that still worked. People helped themselves.

I was surprised to learn from my young Thai daughter just returned from England that people in England are also doing this. Good for them!)

6 minutes ago, siftasam said:

I'll try that, thanks!

(I always thought it was a great idea 20 years ago on visiting East Germany (as was) that every two weeks everyone put outside items they no longer wanted e.g. old radios that still worked. People helped themselves.

I was surprised to learn from my young Thai daughter just returned from England that people in England are also doing this. Good for them!)

Did this in Texas with everything that wasn't perishable. It disappeared in a day most every time. People drive around looking for things left out, to either repair or scrap.

If it doesn't magically disappear if set roadside (all have when doing), then inquire at puybon, and will direct you to who will accept or even have it picked up.

In general I agree with above.

But be careful what you leave and if it can be identified as your property.

Imagine someone thinks he gets a working [insert whatever]. And they it is not working, and they bump it somewhere in the woods.

And they it can be identified as your property...

On 5/30/2024 at 8:21 PM, gargamon said:

Sit it on the side of the road outside your gate. You'll be amazed how quickly it's gone.

There are no scavengers that visit our neighborhood in cm, the eyesore option is null here. If we did this at our place in Lampang we’d be the talk of the village…”why did her farang husband put the eyesore junk outside the gate?”

Just take it to a recycling center in the city, I think there’s one in the faham area. Lamphun may even have one since it’s an industrial area. Why not ask a local neighbor where to take it? There’s a guy in rong kong khao that lives close to the airport there that will take it

19 hours ago, novacova said:

If we did this at our place in Lampang we’d be the talk of the village…”why did her farang husband put the eyesore junk outside the gate?”

Never liked junk outside my gate so I always moved it down the next block.