Election Commission Stands By Decision to Dissolve Move Forward Party

webfact

44 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

The worlds eyes are upon you! Watching every move carefully. Do they really know what impact a dissolution of Move Forward will have on trust and bilateral relations? A big part of the world will see Thailand as an undemocratic system where criminals and thugs are put on the most important posts undermining everything that could lead to economic health and crucial development seen on a broad spectrum.

I wish you were right. I fear most of  the rest of the world couldn't care less about what goes on in Thailand.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Pathetic. Thailand still at least two or three generation’s away from being grown up and democratised. 

And how does it look like when everybody grew up? Something like Biden against Trump? 

• Haha 2

Election Commission of Thailand

All commissioners are appointed by the king, with the advice of the Senate of Thailand; for a term of seven years. The current commission is the fourth team of election commissioners, appointed 12 August 2018.

or, more to the point: an autocratic appointment with the advice of the military-appointed Senate

and if one says something, one gets the pointy side of the stick with appointed finger-pointing

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The Election Commission (EC) has defended its decision to seek the dissolution of the opposition

The "elite" decided. Clinging to power, money, influence. Who cares about the people's whish and votes? Anutin said it already: the politicians as experts have to decide. q.e.d. 🙏

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Pathetic. Thailand still at least two or three generation’s away from being grown up and democratised. 

At present democracies are on the downturn. So, what is so wonderful in democracies as we have now? 🤔

Of course - they represent the disenfranchised Thais including the country's youth and challenge the status quo.
This is still a developing country with pockets of third-world so Lawfaretm is still the way to maintain power with force.

37 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

The "elite" decided. Clinging to power, money, influence. Who cares about the people's whish and votes? Anutin said it already: the politicians as experts have to decide. q.e.d. 🙏

Taken right out of the WEF's talking point: Let the technocrats rule but maintain a patina of "democracy," i.e., let the commoners have the illusion of choice during elections where status-quo-candidates are the only choice on the ballot.  If an upstart party threatens to rock the boat?  Dissolve the party and throw the parties leaders into prison. 

4 minutes ago, connda said:

Taken right out of the WEF's talking point: Let the technocrats rule but maintain a patina of "democracy," i.e., let the commoners have the illusion of choice during elections where status-quo-candidates are the only choice on the ballot.  If an upstart party threatens to rock the boat?  Dissolve the party and throw the parties leaders into prison. 

That's what I mean. Yes. No chance for the people 

image.jpeg

The US Senate's Foreign Relations Committee has voiced significant concerns regarding the potential dissolution of Thailand's Move Forward Party (MFP), urging the Thai government to firmly uphold democratic principles.

A number of generations before Thai can enjoy democracy.

• Thumbs Up 1

in other words they do not want to return their big brown envelopes they were given to reach their decision, this is a total farce and the rest of the world knows it, shows how pathetic Thailand really is when they make decisions based purely on how much graft has been used to get the required result, last thing they want is a party that helps the people and dosnt line their own pockets

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

I wish you were right. I fear most of  the rest of the world couldn't care less about what goes on in Thailand.

It gets noticed, but not a lot they can do. There's a lot of "urging" going on but that's about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if 'they' want to call another election soon, depending on the Srettha/MFP outcome.

The Good Ol' Boys are working on coming home!

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When will the EC dissolve that party which is openly run by that criminal who promised us all he will now only play with his grandchildren? 

Money makes the World go round especially when the criminals know which hands to grease

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

The Election Commission (EC) has defended its decision to seek the dissolution of the opposition Move Forward Party (MFP) over its support for amending the lese majeste law, insisting the action was legal and proper.

Of course nothing or nobody dare let any amendments to 112 happen. We might all find out a lot of truths about 'His' tax free money taken from everybody's tax. Never gonna happen.

• Thumbs Up 2

The corrupt organisations involved in running this country are a disgrace to the citizens who  overwhelming voted in the MFP.

It's no wonder that Susuki and Subaru are pulling the plug and more are bound to follow.

The current unelected clown of a PM is a case in point. A Muppet with hands up his posterior manipulating every move he makes which is getting him nearer the end of his tenure each day.

Thailand is a laughing stock 

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

When will the EC dissolve that party which is openly run by that criminal who promised us all he will now only play with his grandchildren? 

Those things aren't reasoned, as the establishment-oligarch circles look to secure the survival mode. 

What has been most apparent for years are the obvious [for some] distractions and misdirection that are part and parcel of Thai political theatre.

Same as it ever was.

18 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

The worlds eyes are upon you! Watching every move carefully. Do they really know what impact a dissolution of Move Forward will have on trust and bilateral relations? A big part of the world will see Thailand as an undemocratic system where criminals and thugs are put on the most important posts undermining everything that could lead to economic health and crucial development seen on a broad spectrum.

Not to mention that it may cause riots and a new military takeover. I think Thaksins case will be dismissed and move forward will survive, hopefully. 

3 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

Not to mention that it may cause riots and a new military takeover. I think Thaksins case will be dismissed and move forward will survive, hopefully. 

Yeah, but I don´t know if a dismissal of Thaksin´s case is something to post hopefully about. Move Forward, on the other hand, so far seems to be the best option for Thailand.

• Confused 1