Police Raid Uncovers Child Prostitution Ring in Bangkok Karaoke Bar

webfact

17 minutes ago, Henryford said:

The key word is children, and they don't know what they are doing.

I 100% agree with you, that they are children and should not need to do such things. It´s all sad and horrible. However, if they know what they are doing or not, is very debatable. if you are not aware of what sex is and how to do when making children at the age of 15-18, then both the school, parents, yourself and the whole education system has failed. I am convinced that they know exactly what they are doing, but also convinced that they do not want or like it one bit.

They big problem here, is with family values, and what a good child must do and sacrifice for the family. This is also very one sided, as it in 99,9% target the girls in the family. Here they are brought up to know they are of smaller value then the protected golden sons. They are also instructed to be seen as a commodity worth a certain amount of money when getting married. All that and how important it is to see mum and dad as gods on a pillar, contribute to a less equal society where they are expected do do all they can to save the family.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

Hmmh, a young woman with 16, having had her menstruation since 3 years and some boyfriends in that time, attending bar areas....does not know what she's doing??? You think, the bar manager came to her and offered her the Prostitution job? Oh dear....😳

Thank you, for the lecture about teenage menstruation, and the expertise about their sex-lives!

So, the usual culprits are not

-pimp parents

-pimp barmanagers

-pimp officials

-pimp the "average"

-and so on

No, the little, greedy, teenage sluts, by themselfes, right? Supported by their "pimp" boy/girl friends.

Wich venues you're visiting, to get the knowledge, to come to those profound

"expert-" analyses? 

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

Hmmh, a young woman with 16, having had her menstruation since 3 years and some boyfriends in that time, attending bar areas....does not know what she's doing??? You think, the bar manager came to her and offered her the Prostitution job? Oh dear....😳

No the contact in the village did, and she didn't know a thing indeed, until the first day.

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

No the contact in the village did, and she didn't know a thing indeed, until the first day.

40 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Oh yeah, and the Holy Ghost came then together with Santa and showed them the opportunities??? Silly.

The young ones did it because they liked the money. Nothing to do with any "village". Who is that actually?😳

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, newbee2022 said:

The young ones did it because they liked the money. Nothing to do with any "village". Who is that actually?

Everything to do with the villages...

"...the task force received information that the girls had been brought to the karaoke bar to provide sex services to customers. According to the investigation, the bar owner had procured the teens from different provinces several months ago, making them her debtors".

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Hmmh, a young woman with 16, having had her menstruation since 3 years and some boyfriends in that time, attending bar areas....does not know what she's doing??? You think, the bar manager came to her and offered her the Prostitution job? Oh dear....

If you bothered to read anything other than this forum you'd see how far from reality your ridiculous fantasy about the girls actually is.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

You might call them children but for me they are young women knowing what they do and paid for.

However, if it's illegal.......🤔

The point is that this is predators exploiting desperate young people who wanted to help their sick relatives.  They first get them to take out loans with insane daily interest, that they can likely never pay off (presumably they lied or misled them about this), then they say the only way out is to work off the debt as prostitutes.  It's essentially slavery.

They're basically vulnerable young people being exploited and forced into prostitution against their will.  This isn't some girl who could work in a factory or a 7-11 and get by, but chooses to work in Pattaya so she can party and buy nice things.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

However, if they know what they are doing or not, is very debatable.

Seems to miss the point. The girls likely do understand what they're doing, they're not old enough to consent to it though. The exact age settled on by law is a grey area, but I think you can agree a 10 year old cannot consent to this, even if they have been thoroughly educated on the work, and understand it. For the same reason they can't consent to working in a coal mine or other high risk job. The law being set to 18 seems reasonable.

12 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Hmmh, a young woman with 16, having had her menstruation since 3 years and some boyfriends in that time, attending bar areas....does not know what she's doing??? 

Girls can start menstruation before the age of ten, so not entirely clear the point you're making here. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

Seems to miss the point. The girls likely do understand what they're doing, they're not old enough to consent to it though. The exact age settled on by law is a grey area, but I think you can agree a 10 year old cannot consent to this, even if they have been thoroughly educated on the work, and understand it. For the same reason they can't consent to working in a coal mine or other high risk job. The law being set to 18 seems reasonable.

Girls can start menstruation before the age of ten, so not entirely clear the point you're making here. 

What in the world has 10 year old girls to do with this? I don´t see the meaning with your reply, as I also started my post with the below. Did you just have a bad Saturday? Instead of replying to the whole post, you just took one single sentence out of context and made it what you wanted it to be. Seems like you did not only miss the point, but the whole meaning of my post.

13 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

I 100% agree with you, that they are children and should not need to do such things. It´s all sad and horrible.

Edited by Gottfrid

12 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

What in the world has 10 year old girls to do with this? I don´t see the meaning with your reply,

The original comment you appear to be saying is debatable, and correct me if I'm mistaken, was 'they don't know what they're doing'. Not knowing what they're doing means they didn't understand the gravity and consequences of what they were signing up to, not that they had no idea what sex is about or were tricked into it. Informed consent is inextricably linked to knowing what they're doing, they're not separable in any meaningful way.

If a child is working the cobalt mines of Congo, they also superficially know what they're doing. To suggest it's debatable that coercion or deception is involved (your first comment) is a bit on the nose.

• Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, jacob29 said:

The original comment you appear to be saying is debatable, and correct me if I'm mistaken, was 'they don't know what they're doing'. Not knowing what they're doing means they didn't understand the gravity and consequences of what they were signing up to, not that they had no idea what sex is about or were tricked into it. Informed consent is inextricably linked to knowing what they're doing, they're not separable in any meaningful way.

If a child is working the cobalt mines of Congo, they also superficially know what they're doing. To suggest it's debatable that coercion or deception is involved (your first comment) is a bit on the nose.

Ok, but maybe you should have considered to quote my first comment instead of taking one sentence of the second. Do you think that makes more sense? As you couldn´t even understand that, I see your replies as utter garbage. Drunk in a bar perhaps? No one notice you, and you just have to play with the phone. 😂

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

Ok, but maybe you should have considered to quote my first comment instead of taking one sentence of the second. Do you think that makes more sense?

Your first comment was vague, it was only the second comment that provided clarification. Maybe you should remember what you posted recently?

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

As you couldn´t even understand that, I see your replies as utter garbage. 

This is rich coming from someone who believes it was worthwhile to muddy the waters, around whether an underage girl may have been coerced or misled into prostitution.

4 hours ago, jacob29 said:

Your first comment was vague, it was only the second comment that provided clarification. Maybe you should remember what you posted recently?

This is rich coming from someone who believes it was worthwhile to muddy the waters, around whether an underage girl may have been coerced or misled into prostitution.

Even if my first comment is vague, according to you, you can still not take info from the second one and later refer to the first. But, yet you did. Very stupid.

After the first comment I clearly explain in the second how it was not anybody who was misled, as it has it´s bottom in deeply rooted and unfair Thai traditions. So, you do not have to worry your pretty little head about that I do not remember what I post. The girls were aware of what they were getting into and the consequences of it at 15-16 years of age. They were doing this to save the family and help mum and dad to pay back loans they could not take care of.

The girls in question was not coerced into anything as that requires an act of violence or threats. In this case it was the parents that had those threats hanging over them, and they let the girls go ahead and in a dirty way save the family. Something that means exactly what I explained in my second post.

21 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

You might call them children but for me they are young women knowing what they do and paid for.

However, if it's illegal.......🤔

20 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Good grief, delusional rationalism. It’s imperative that children focus on learning during the years of development without being distracted and corrupted by twisted creep perv adults. Why can’t folks such as yourself understand this? Is because that you’re part of the problem?

• Thanks 2

On 6/15/2024 at 3:23 AM, webfact said:

The investigation revealed that the establishment exploited the financial desperation of these minors, who needed money for medical expenses for their sick relatives, by trapping them into a cycle of debt with high interest rates. This exploitation forced them into prostitution against their will

Such a lovely place.

Wonder if their relatives care?

Why didn't their relatives get free healthcare? From what I have seen,  it's good.

• Agree 1