Belgian Tourist Dies After Brutal Attack in Hua Hin

Maybe they could let us know what has happened to the German who attacked him hopefully he will be locked upon a Thai prison for many years and suffer the consequences for his actions 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ryandb said:

Isolated incidents, there's thousands of us... They don't report on Bob walked safely down the street all week this week.  I've lived on the islands 4 years not been in 1 fight or even a heated situation and actually never witnessed one outside of the sanctioned MT events.

I've lived in many countries and Thailand is probably the safest I've ever felt, including Britain where I'm from.

Unfortunately, rational comments such as yours don't go down too well with the AN crowd!

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ryandb said:
1 hour ago, Noah K said:

Jealous boyfriend? No suspects or motive?

Suspect was a German guy who also attacked a Brit earlier the same evening, would appear to be a random nutcase but that's just from the limited info in the article

There was this info that you conveniently omitted...

"The German attacker roamed the area for hours after the assault before being apprehended by police".

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So many asking about what happened to the attacker, but it never occurred to the 'journalist' to include that in his report.

And so many who can't read!...

"The German attacker roamed the area for hours after the assault before being apprehended by police".

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

conveniently omitted or just answered his question?

the dude asked "Jealous boyfriend? No suspects or motive?"

The extra information you added here doesn't cover any of his questions

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This was not in the original post and in one of the posts further down, not everyone reads every single post and are just replying to the initial story

Edited by ryandb
  • Sad 1

Death to these unprovoked attackers... scum need to stay in th UK. Usually this kind of attack in the UK is perpetrated by low class council scheme thugs.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

So if a German guy hit him from behind and they know he belongs to a fight club or something did they arrest him? Did they question him? Were there any witnesses the story leaves so many unanswered questions TIT

• Confused 1

Some post braking forum rules have been removed.

Rule 13. You will not publicly comment on moderation in an open forum. You will not comment on actions taken by individual moderators or on specific or general policies and issues. You will not post a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. You may send a private message to a moderator to discuss individual actions or you can email support (at) aseannow.com to discuss moderation policy and account suspensions. Aggression or abuse against moderators is not tolerated and any such action will be sanctioned. There is no excuse for abuse.

Rule 17. The ASEAN NOW news team collects news articles from various recognised and reputable news sources. The articles  may be consolidated from different sources and rewritten with AI assistance These news items are shared in our forums for members to stay informed and engaged. Our dedicated news team puts in the effort to deliver quality content, and we ask for your respect in return. Any disrespectful comments about our news articles or the content itself, such as calling it "clickbait" or “slow news day”, criticizing grammatical errors, will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken. Please note that republished articles may contain errors or opinions that do not reflect the views of ASEAN NOW.

If you'd like to help us, and you see an error with an article then please use the report function so that we can attend to it promptly.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, n00dle said:

Sadly after generations of misinformation and being equated with far more serious drugs like heroin, cocaine, or meth there is a shockingly large number of people who believe getting blind drunk is fine, but that using cannabis is somehow dangerous and amoral. 

And, sadly, there are still some people who equate the innocuous "using cannabis" with "getting blind drunk", two completely opposite and rationally incomparable extremes.

56 minutes ago, Oliver Holzerfilled said:

"His close friend, Danny Lemmens, was by his side during his final hours,"

Good on his mate.  But where was the "Thai girlfriend?"  🤔

You think that she had a visa that enabled her to be with him?

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, ryandb said:
39 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

conveniently omitted or just answered his question?

the dude asked "Jealous boyfriend? No suspects or motive?"

The extra information you added here doesn't cover any of his questions

Yes, it does.  Part of his post to which I responded was "No suspects...", I pointed out that there was a suspect and that he was apprehended.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, ryandb said:
30 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

This was not in the original post and in one of the posts further down, not everyone reads every single post and are just replying to the initial story

And that was posted before he made his "no suspect" assertion.

24 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

So if a German guy hit him from behind and they know he belongs to a fight club or something did they arrest him? Did they question him? Were there any witnesses the story leaves so many unanswered questions TIT

It was reported in this thread that he was apprehended by the police.

1 hour ago, Jackbenimble said:

Not a single mention of what happened to his attacker? Makes me wonder what ever happened to journalism?

It's a death announcement. 

It's a description of his passing and the emotional commitment and state of his friend. 

Give it a rest. 

6 hours ago, stoner said:

generally speaking people using cannabis don't commit violent attacks

Stoner, you can trot that commit out all you want, but cannabis can cause violence. My son tried to assault a cop here after trying to run a check point.  He'd been smoking and according to the breathalyzer only had a little alcohol in him.  

He becomes very agitated with me when he is high (no alcohol) if I do something or say something he doesn't like.

You should hear the arguments he gets in with his Mother and she approves of him smoking.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

How can the whereabouts of the German guy be unknown? Doesn’t he have to report his address every 90 days?

seriously, the German is known to the police, how can they not track him down? 

14 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

Stoner, you can trot that commit out all you want, but cannabis can cause violence. My son tried to assault a cop here after trying to run a check point.  He'd been smoking and according to the breathalyzer only had a little alcohol in him.  

He becomes very agitated with me when he is high (no alcohol) if I do something or say something he doesn't like.

You should hear the arguments he gets in with his Mother and she approves of him smoking.

Cannabis does not cause violence. but the use of cannabis together with alcohol can !!! I think your son has other issues and this makes him a violent person ?

• Agree 2