French 'Cult Leader' Held for 3-Month Visa Overstay in Thailand

webfact

1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Weren’t his activities near a mosque? 

which is another of Thailands religions. Very popular in the South.

Not just in the south, Trat has mosques and many Muslims, they all seem hard working and can been seen at their market stalls women and men, not sitting around playing cards, smoking and drinking all day, like the 'Buddhists'.

just saying

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, cardinalblue said:

Guy was living in a tent…a real threat or just low hanging fruit?

Doesn´t really matter. He was overstaying his permission to stay and engaging in the change of cultural ways to be seen as a form of work without license.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:
1 hour ago, wensiensheng said:

Not just in the south, Trat has mosques and many Muslims, they all seem hard working and can been seen at their market stalls women and men, not sitting around playing cards, smoking and drinking all day, like the 'Buddhists'.

just saying

Also in Samui.

At least three mosques here.

Two villages that I know of are almost completely occupied by Muslims.

Most are fishermen.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

not for Islam only and hate the others, specially the Jews, as it is very commonly done now days...

Not only the Muslims that hate the Jews.

Quite common currently and historically all over the world.

• Sad 4

2 hours ago, wensiensheng said:

Read the complete article near a mosque is mentioned

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Handcuffs for overstaying?  Ever see that before?  I haven't.

...or could it be because of his skin tone?

Yes i have seen it many times,even inside the police station,when they are outside of the cell

they will be in cuffs.

1 hour ago, cncltd1973 said:

sounds like a backpacker trying a hustle, at least he wasn't wearing a robe and carrying an empty basket

Fish and loaf every day can get tiresome, even though it is free when you make it yourself.

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

All would be well had those cult leaders were preaching for peace and love FOR ALL RELIGIONS,

not for Islam only and hate the others, specially the Jews, as it is very commonly done now days...

As an objective, non-religious person, I can't help but notice there's been plenty of hate and persecution against Muslims for decades on all continents.

And even genocide against Muslim groups like against the Rohingya by the Myanmar military junta, and against the Palestinians by the Israeli Netanyahoo junta.

In the period after WW2, I believe it's safe to say the Muslims have been far worse off than the Jews, who have actually thrived in most places.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Excogitator said:

As an objective, non-religious person, I can't help but notice there's been plenty of hate and persecution against Muslims for decades on all continents.

And even genocide against Muslim groups like against the Rohingya by the Myanmar military junta, and against the Palestinians by the Israeli Netanyahoo junta.

In the period after WW2, I believe it's safe to say the Muslims have been far worse off than the Jews, who have actually thrived in most places.

There's also the meddling in their countries by Western powers,

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Tropicalevo said:

You are showing a bit of bias there.

There is no genocide against Palestinians. That is Hamas propaganda and it is working well even to informed and supposedly educated folk.

However, it is a stated and publicised statement that Hamas want to kill ALL Jews. That is genocide.

Israel will kill all Hamas in order to get the kidnapped folk back.

Unfortunately, Hamas hide behind Palestinians, who happen to support them.

Also, Russia in Ukraine.

China against the Uyghurs.

What China has done, and still is doing,  against the Uyghurs is indeed another example of genocide against Muslims.

Denying the fact that there is a genocide going on in Gaza right now IS bias.

That Hamas wants to kill 'all Jews', if true, is horrible, but still only intent, and not an actual genocide, as they are not capable of doing so militarily. Israel, however, is military capable of committing genocide, and is indeed doing so right now.

UN estimates that 52% of all Palestinians killed by Israel are women and minors, 40% are men, and 8% are elderly.

Edited by Excogitator
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Wearing shorts, a T-shirt, baseball cap backwards , he doesn't look the part of cult leader at all .  More like a bro from the hood.

Let him join the remnants of ISIS, where he can fight the evil empire, very soon led by another cult leader again, his orange holiness with the red tie and the mushroom genitalia. 

• Agree 1

Likely even all other muslims inside the Immigration Detention Center in BKK will have a hard laugh once they hear this guy's story + that he thought to have gotten away with it.

7 hours ago, neeray said:

Gotta watch those cult leaders carefully. Some even try to take over political parties and then complete countries with goals of turning the country into a dictatorship.

Just read the hadiths, that is all you need to know. It is laid out in there exactly what to do and the persentages at which to do it. People need to read history.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

In general Thailand is very protective of it's religion and don't see too kindly to foreign preachers

trying to sway Thai people's minds from buddhism, so just as well the guy overstayed his visa so

he can kicked out on that reason only for now...(and probably be blacklisted too)

Yes, hopefully he'll get the 5 year ban (or more)
You do know that Thailand has no official religion, right? And all religions are constitutionally guaranteed freedom. Although Buddhism is favored and carries some sort of special status, religion cannot legally have any sway in the matter.

6 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Handcuffs for overstaying?  Ever see that before?  I haven't.

...or could it be because of his skin tone?

Actually, I have seen it before. Also, in this case, we have no idea how he may have been behaving when they came to him. He may have been erratic and needed to be cuffed regardless. Skin tone? Hopefully not, but I guess anything is possible....