Surachate 'Big Joke' Hakparn challenges Thai PM over dismissal

webfact

19 hours ago, RobU said:

How many times do people have to be told. Big Joke does not depend on his salary. He, and his wife, both come from wealthy families his wife inherited billions from her father. He joined the police as a vocation, not for the money. That is why they fear him so much, he can't be corrupted by bribery

That's not quite true, both families were normal middle class Thai families. His father was a policeman, his mother a teacher, his wife's father started with a bus running from Songkhla Town to Hat Yai, they were childhood sweethearts. Her father built his transport business and expanded into property development becoming very rich in the process. His father was a junior police officer who had close ties with deputy police chief Pol Lt-General Samer Damapong, the father of Thaksin Shinawatra’s ex-wife Khunying Pojaman. So not hi-so Bangkok moneyed families. 

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Stocky said:

That's not quite true, both families were normal middle class Thai families. His father was a policeman, his mother a teacher, his wife's father started with a bus running from Songkhla Town to Hat Yai, they were childhood sweethearts. Her father built his transport business and expanded into property development becoming very rich in the process. His father was a junior police officer who had close ties with deputy police chief Pol Lt-General Samer Damapong, the father of Thaksin Shinawatra’s ex-wife Khunying Pojaman. So not hi-so Bangkok moneyed families. 

Thanks for the information 

On 6/25/2024 at 12:16 PM, TheFishman1 said:

The guy has so much more wealth than what his salary is come on you know the guy corrupt TIT

You don't think that possibly his very rich wife may have helped him accumulate a few baht?  He is reputed to own houses which he would obviously rent and who knows what other investments he has. I don't know if he comes from a wealthy family.

On the other hand he could be dumb enough to get involved in online gambling, money laundering and collecting brown envelopes. 

No matter how rich some people are it's never enough.  He who dies with most money in the bank must be the winner.  LOL

• Confused 2

On 6/25/2024 at 8:29 AM, Pouatchee said:

link? proof?

likely his family got wealthy thanks to his corruption. i read an and defunct thaivisa daily and many times a day and i never saw a hint his family is rich before the fact

so back up what you are saying. boring these guys who think a cop in thailand isnt corrupt... or maybe naive

You obviously don’t read enough ! Look for yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i did read... interesting...

all the info about his money just reinforces my belief in his corruption and hunger for power.

you guys know this idiom? Power Corrupts?...

why you believe he is good is beyond understanding, and why you stand up for him is even more unfathomable. time will tell in the meantime you can continue admiring someone who stands for the very corrupt establishment reasonable foreigners and thais alike despise. note, i did emphasise reasonable which you clearly are not. that, or you simply are sycophants

And I don’t understand why some people believe that everyone who has money is necessarily corrupt  Jealousy is one reason , and as in his case a hatred of the police force . 
PS, I believe what I want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trip Hop said:

Look up the name for someone who collects watches, you will find it is the same. Now do I need to educate you any more?

Yes I know that a Horologist can also be also a collector of watches or just an admirer of timepieces in general so I'll rephrase my question.  How does collecting watches or admiring timepieces make him corrupt? Please explain your weird rationale. I'm waiting, don't waste any time. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, geisha said:

And I don’t understand why some people believe that everyone who has money is necessarily corrupt  Jealousy is one reason , and as in his case a hatred of the police force . 

Believe what you want... i dont care

In this whole debate, the initial meaning got lost in translation. He is a corrupt cop. Thats it, nothing else. Some brlieve innocently that it is his vocation and he is as pure as the day he was born. Believe that if you want. Cops in thailand are dirty. You think this guy and his team are good? Up to you... keep on dreaming

BREAKING NEWS

In a decisive move, the Police Commission unanimously voted, 12-0, to approve the dismissal of Deputy Police Chief Pol Gen Surachate Hakparn. This endorsement follows Acting National Police Chief Pol Gen Kitrat Phanphet's contentious removal order

I guess he is bring abandoned by all his buddies... bye bye big joke

Edited by Pouatchee
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/25/2024 at 7:19 PM, TroubleandGrumpy said:

One of the top Police Officers is on social media criticising the PM and threatening to take him to NACC.

The PM himself is facing a Court case against him that could result in him being forced to resign.

The popular vote winning MFP Party was not allowed to form Government.

The Leader of the MFP is facing being sacked and banned from politics for 10 years (they tried to ban him for a media shares technicality).

A past PM has returned to the country with a slap on the wrist,  and is now working behind the scenes doing who knows what.

And so many other political and economic issues are infesting Thailand's leaders as they squabble for power and control post Junta.

All while the economy is slowly falling down all around them.

And the Military is quietly watching and waiting to see what happens.

It's glorious, isn't it?

Once a basket case, always a basket case. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, geisha said:

In Thailand, corruption is the norm, it's engrained into the society and culture here as a whole, just like selfishness and greed.

• Thanks 2

18 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

i did read... interesting...

all the info about his money just reinforces my belief in his corruption and hunger for power.

you guys know this idiom? Power Corrupts?...

why you believe he is good is beyond understanding, and why you stand up for him is even more unfathomable. time will tell in the meantime you can continue admiring someone who stands for the very corrupt establishment reasonable foreigners and thais alike despise. note, i did emphasise reasonable which you clearly are not. that, or you simply are sycophants

I never said he was good or bad,, I just corrected your misperception which you continue to repeat about most topics you comme t on. Sorry if it hurt your ego to be corrected.

You really need to work on comprehension and not jumping to unfounded conclusions about issues and people you know nothing about.  I know its probably a stretch since you appear to be so fragile but thats on you. 

Seems to me that there are two very possible scenarios.

There is one senior cop that is totally corrupt and all the rest of them are clean and are trying to get rid of him before he becomes the top dog.

OR

One cop is trying to clean out the police system that is endemically corrupt, and they are trying to get rid of him before he becomes the top dog.

Based on my observations since 2012, the Police system is endemically corrupt and always has been corrupt.

Therefore, logic states that it is one cop trying to clean out the dirty cops, who are trying to get rid of him before he becomes their boss.

Obviously.

• Agree 1