PM Srettha races to transform Rayong and Chon Buri

snoop1130

5 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

His Land-Bridge will be completed before Thailand hosts an F1 race.

The 16th Bang Saen Grand Prix starts next week, 3rd -7th July 2024.

Obviously in your expert opinion Grand Prix racing can only evolve into Formula One outside Thailand.

Grand Prix motor racing eventually evolved into formula racing, with Formula One considered its direct descendant. Each event of the Formula One World Championships is still called a Grand Prix; Formula One is also referred to as "Grand Prix racing". Some IndyCar championship races are also called "Grands Prix".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_motor_racing#:~:text=Grand Prix motor racing eventually,also called "Grands Prix".

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, J Branche said:

Just my opinion but seems like some leadership who is pretty wealthy is attempting to turn Thailand into Singapore.

To fund these projects they will Tax anyone, anywhere that they can. 

Money would be better spent on Improving the education system so graduates do Not need a calculator to subtract Foreign Elementary School amounts 302 - 272 = ???.  Access to resources and support for students who have potential and who are bright to take advanced learning courses for Free or with discount to make affordable.  How about requiring Food labels to clearly show how much fat, salt, sugar, cholesterol is in food.

Most labels I've looked at the Macro option on the Mobile phone is required to read the label.

Unfortunately the writing is on the wall.  Enough reckless spending on investments with High Risk of failure and Low Potential of Profits and

Thailand will start defaulting on loans and the credit rating will drop, money to dig the country out will start drying up and have high interest rates.

To gain access to the Elite F1 teams and drivers and be able to party with people of same caliber it appears an invitation

has been sent.  Party in Thailand 202? only people with helicopters, jets, massive yachts and high end exotic cars invited.

They should stick with what they know how to do...

image.jpeg.144bd0eae568958ff9ccc22a32fb5d76.jpegimage.jpeg.4e1ca2c5bb841b6c833ba06202f7d798.jpeg

The Big Boy is under so much pressure to justify spending the 10,000 Bht handout

that everything & anything he will have a go at.

He is like a packet of crackers.

Wait until he sits  down with construction & finance team for F1 requirements,

even he might admit that the monies could be spent on something better,

try the education system for a start

8 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

His Land-Bridge will be completed before Thailand hosts an F1 race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JNun96fEjw

I don't think you are aware of how well motoracing is already established in Thailand and the big money behind it. Even royalty - he BIRA venue at Pattay is named after first Thai Formula 1 racing driver, Prince Birabongse Bhanudej Bhanubandh.

Bang Sean has "race week" every year - the entire town is converted to a race track. (and there's bike week too)

One thing for sure is that in Thailand if there's money. they'll find a place to race.

• Agree 2

14 hours ago, kwilco said:

I don't think you are aware of how well motoracing is already established in Thailand

Not sure what "established" has to do with anything. There are F1 races in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Qatar, and Abu Dhabi, where "motor racing" was hardly "established".

first Thai Formula 1 racing driver, Prince Birabongse Bhanudej Bhanubandh.

Yawn. How does a long-deceased playboy/prince racing driver enhance Thailand's viability to host an F1 race?

14 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

No clue what you're on about.

We're talking about F1.

Fairly obvious your ability to read is about as good as your comprehension.

Your words

"His Land-Bridge will be completed before Thailand hosts an F1 race."

That falang mentality again, with such a derogatory attitude towards progress shouldn't you find somewhere else more likely to meet your expectations. Why do some think their way is the only way?

I don't think you are aware of how well motoracing is already established in Thailand and the big money behind it. Even royalty - he BIRA venue at Pattay is named after first Thai Formula 1 racing driver, Prince Birabongse Bhanudej Bhanubandh.

Bang Sean has "race week" every year - the entire town is converted to a race track. (and there's bike week too)

One thing for sure is that in Thailand if there's money. they'll find a place to race.

At the end of the day it is all about money, after all it  is how the middle eastern countries came to the racing scene from nowhere. When I was stationed near Dubai it was nothing more than a shanty town but as a young child I had watched the Monte Carlo rally pass through my home town.

Having established a successful racing presence in Chonburi it will be strong motivation for further evolution.

However there are those that seem to think they have a god given right to tell the Thais how they should utilise what resorces they have, it's as though there is no poverty or hardship in the so called "advanced economies".

What is the benefit of a high-speed rail network that will connect three major airports?

I can not think of a time in my life I needed to travel between 2 airports.

Surely its would be more beneficial & cost effective to develop U-Tapao into a major hub and a direct airport train service to Pattaya central?

This will ease the pressure on Bangkok's airports.

Many tourists land and get on a van straight to Pattaya anyway.

1 hour ago, sunflowerbkk22 said:

What is the benefit of a high-speed rail network that will connect three major airports?

Surely its would be more beneficial & cost effective to develop U-Tapao into a major hub and a direct airport train service to Pattaya central?

You need to see the rail links in terms of the EEC. ....and of course frieght

6 hours ago, sandyf said:

At the end of the day it is all about money, after all it  is how the middle eastern countries came to the racing scene from nowhere. When I was stationed near Dubai it was nothing more than a shanty town but as a young child I had watched the Monte Carlo rally pass through my home town.

Having established a successful racing presence in Chonburi it will be strong motivation for further evolution.

However there are those that seem to think they have a god given right to tell the Thais how they should utilise what resorces they have, it's as though there is no poverty or hardship in the so called "advanced economies".

Plenty of money for this

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Not sure what "established" has to do with anything. There are F1 races in Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Azerbaijan, Qatar, and Abu Dhabi, where "motor racing" was hardly "established".

Yawn. How does a long-deceased playboy/prince racing driver enhance Thailand's viability to host an F1 race?

Don't think you've  got a handle  on this 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, sunflowerbkk22 said:

Obviously escaped your notice that Pattaya will be the first stop out of U-Tapao. You may never have had to travel between airports but you had to travel somewhere, Apart from the 3 airports there are 12 other stops on the line.

As far as I am aware Pattaya has a proposal on the table for a monorail from the station to the beach area but I believe subject to the HSR being built.

U-Tapao expansion is an ongoing project.

1 hour ago, kwilco said:

You need to see the rail links in terms of the EEC. ....and of course frieght

I don't think there is any plan to put freight on the HSR. The line runs close to my house and there  is a train about every 20 minutes, would take away the whole purpose of "high speed".

They have to address the lack of passenger facilities in this direction and with the amount of freight there is little capacity on the existing line.

There was significant disruption when they put in the second track a few years back so hate to think what we are in for when the HS work gets under way. Could be pushing up daisies by then.

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

I don't think there is any plan to put freight on the HSR. The line runs close to my house and there  is a train about every 20 minutes, would take away the whole purpose of "high speed".

They have to address the lack of passenger facilities in this direction and with the amount of freight there is little capacity on the existing line.

There was significant disruption when they put in the second track a few years back so hate to think what we are in for when the HS work gets under way. Could be pushing up daisies by then.

The Thai-Chinese high speed rail runs along the same piece of land as the dual-track frieght rail. THis is already running freight to China

On 6/26/2024 at 3:09 PM, sandyf said:

The 16th Bang Saen Grand Prix starts next week, 3rd -7th July 2024.

Obviously in your expert opinion Grand Prix racing can only evolve into Formula One outside Thailand.

Grand Prix motor racing eventually evolved into formula racing, with Formula One considered its direct descendant. Each event of the Formula One World Championships is still called a Grand Prix; Formula One is also referred to as "Grand Prix racing". Some IndyCar championship races are also called "Grands Prix".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Prix_motor_racing#:~:text=Grand Prix motor racing eventually,also called "Grands Prix".

Just because they call it Grand Prix doesn't mean it has any relation to formula, which means open wheel racing. 

There is no formula racing of any kind at Bang Saen as far as I am aware, it is only modded production cars and pick-ups. 

1 hour ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Just because they call it Grand Prix doesn't mean it has any relation to formula, which means open wheel racing. 

There is no formula racing of any kind at Bang Saen as far as I am aware, it is only modded production cars and pick-ups. 

I think you need to see - what happens to Bang Saen - during not just race week but in the weeks running up to the event. THere is as you say no open wheel racing however the extent of preparation for this event and it's size would indicate that the organizers are very keen to get Thailand involved in Formula racing somewhere in Thailand. You will also see that these people have money behind rthem "people of influence" too.

Bang Saen race week.jpg

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

watch this space....

20 hours ago, kwilco said:

The Thai-Chinese high speed rail runs along the same piece of land as the dual-track frieght rail. THis is already running freight to China

Isn't the thread about development of Chonburi and Rayong.

My understanding is the high speed passenger service will run on elevated sections above the existing freight lines between Chachoengsao and U-Tapao not sure about the Bangkok end. Freight cannot be pulled at the same speed as passenger trains and would restrict viability.

I am not aware of any freight being moved on the elevated sections between Bangkok and Laos but you may be more informed.

I was on the Laos HSR last year and didn't see any sign of freight but it may be moved through the night, passenger trains are ony during the day. At the moment the HSR comes to an end at the new HSR station at Vientiane so not sure how they link to the freight terminal near the Friendship Bridge.

19 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

You would have to show me where I ever implied that formula racing took place in Thailand.

It is however recognised that Formula One is a direct descendant of Grand Prix racing, so it is only a question if evolution will be encouraged in Thailand.

The Thais are not dependent on any encouragement from foreigners.

On 6/28/2024 at 9:41 AM, sandyf said:

Isn't the thread about development of Chonburi and Rayong.

My understanding is the high speed passenger service will run on elevated sections above the existing freight lines between Chachoengsao and U-Tapao not sure about the Bangkok end. Freight cannot be pulled at the same speed as passenger trains and would restrict viability.

I am not aware of any freight being moved on the elevated sections between Bangkok and Laos but you may be more informed.

I was on the Laos HSR last year and didn't see any sign of freight but it may be moved through the night, passenger trains are ony during the day. At the moment the HSR comes to an end at the new HSR station at Vientiane so not sure how they link to the freight terminal near the Friendship Bridge.

Th freight is already operating to China.

U-tapao is Rayong

On 6/27/2024 at 1:28 PM, sunflowerbkk22 said:

Happened to me quite a few times..... had to get from LGW to LHR numerous times, and between airports in New York area. Plenty of need in Thailand too to get between Swampy and DMK. 

Th freight is already operating to China.

And what exactly has that got to do with the HSR connecting the 3 airports.

Your words

"You need to see the rail links in terms of the EEC. ....and of course frieght"

Are you trying to say that because freight is going to China that it will be carried on the elevated sections of the 

Eastern HSR.

It is my understanding that all freight heading to China within Thailand is at ground level but obviously you can show me otherwise.

1 minute ago, sandyf said:

And what exactly has that got to do with the HSR connecting the 3 airports.

Your words

"You need to see the rail links in terms of the EEC. ....and of course frieght"

Are you trying to say that because freight is going to China that it will be carried on the elevated sections of the 

Eastern HSR.

It is my understanding that all freight heading to China within Thailand is at ground level but obviously you can show me otherwise.

As Said they are using the same land HST is not an independant exercise - it is part of a huge Chinese project to improve their trade links across S.E> Asia. in the form of moving people and goods.- THe links to the air[orts are for business customers as well as tourism - have you looked at the map - you can see the EEC development reh=gion - Chachoengsao, chonburi and /Rayong. It is already on of the largest industrial areas in S.E.Asia and will expand exponentially in the next 5 years. Te airport links are an important part of this.