What city in Thailand has the best weather?

Rachel2023

3 minutes ago, Rachel2023 said:

While I was whining about how hot it is in Bangkok (so hot), I started to wonder which city in Thailand has the best weather. I'm looking for comfortable temperatures and less humidity. Any recommendations or personal experiences please?

Most of the Islands have more chill subtropical climate, but quite a bit rough weather in the rain season. 

Hua hin along the seaside, same for Bangkok Riverside.

Hua Hin have statistically less rain in a year.

11 minutes ago, NJHOUSE said:

There are places in Thailand with more temperature variation throughout the year such as Loei but the highs are pretty high during the summer. However, it does cool down quite a bit during winter.

Moving to such places you do only if you have a connection or interest in the area. 

Isaan get smoking hot and smokey in the dry hot season, and rainseason is not to prefer either. You got 5 months that's actually thriving nice climate up there. End of rain season and until February max. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2024 at 10:56 AM, Rachel2023 said:

While I was whining about how hot it is in Bangkok (so hot), I started to wonder which city in Thailand has the best weather. I'm looking for comfortable temperatures and less humidity. Any recommendations or personal experiences please?

Obviously you don't know the difference between weather and climate?😳

• Sad 2

On 6/26/2024 at 5:56 AM, Rachel2023 said:

The islands in the southern part of the Gulf...

image.png.10040c02b967839433aebe819401bd3a.png

To live ... full time, part time, or to visit ?

To live full time, you're screwed.   As best non hot weather, would be N or NE.   BUT ... half the year the air is literally unhealthy to breath.   PM2.5 is slightly to off the charts unhealthy during smog season.

Fresher air and maybe more of a rainy season, more overcast & less brutal sun, along with sea or up in the (low) hills breeze, then Chumphon and below.   

Just came back from Phrae & CM area, and it was lovely.  Stunning landscape, decent temps (overnight), but I couldn't live there from Nov-May.  Why we visit there only in rainy season now, and about 4 years in a row, since covid.

Used to live at Udon Thani, and it got damn chilly for 6-8 weeks, teens to single digit C.   Lovely overnight temps during cool season, but had to deal with the air pollution.

Live 1+ hr below Hua Hin now, and only about 2 months of air pollution, but not real break from the heat.   Only during rainy season, when overcast and rainy like now.  Actually didn't need the AC overnight last night, though rare.  As use it just to knock the RH down.

In a perfect situation, split your time N & S, six months of the year.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KhunLA said:

To live ... full time, part time, or to visit ?

To live full time, you're screwed.   As best non hot weather, would be N or NE.   BUT ... half the year the air is literally unhealthy to breath.   PM2.5 is slightly to off the charts unhealthy during smog season.

Fresher air and maybe more of a rainy season, more overcast & less brutal sun, along with sea or up in the (low) hills breeze, then Chumphon and below.   

Just came back from Phrae & CM area, and it was lovely.  Stunning landscape, decent temps (overnight), but I couldn't live there from Nov-May.  Why we visit there only in rainy season now, and about 4 years in a row, since covid.

Used to live at Udon Thani, and it got damn chilly for 6-8 weeks, teens to single digit C.   Lovely overnight temps during cool season, but had to deal with the air pollution.

Live 1+ hr below Hua Hin now, and only about 2 months of air pollution, but not real break from the heat.   Only during rainy season, when overcast and rainy like now.  Actually didn't need the AC overnight last night, though rare.  As use it just to knock the RH down.

In a perfect situation, split your time N & S, six months of the year.

Were do you live exactly if I may ask? I am looking into Hua Hin but have not decided yet and are looking into other options as well.

Definately any of the islands are the best place to hang around. Far better then Hua Hin that is full of older retirees, a dead place and people trying to pose and pretend to be what they could not afford back home in the west. Not to mention the overcharging all over and high cost of living, compared even to Bangkok. Definately not worth the trip anymore.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Captor said:

Were do you live exactly if I may ask? I am looking into Hua Hin but have not decided yet and are looking into other options as well.

Just outside Prachuap Khiri Khan municipality.   About an hour+ below Hua Hin.   Which is a bit of a hassle, considering, HH Imm (100 kms away) is where we have to do any immigration paperwork or visa extensions.   

Fishing town, that gets some local weekenders.  Got some pretty bays, though nothing I'd swim in.  No nightlife, which I consider a plus, though most would be bored.

Can't really say I'd recommend for a single person, or a family person, as schools are a bit to be desired, and not even a Uni here.    Pineapple & coconut farmers, aside from fishing.

Quiet life suits us, and daughter got decent school elsewhere and Uni @ Bangkok area.

If not wanting to be close to Bangkok, where daughter lives, we'd probably live further south.   Chumphon or Nahhon Si Thammarat on gulf side, or Krabi city on  Andaman side.   Muang Phang Nga (municipality)  for a rural-ish city area, as quite lovely.

Edited by KhunLA

If looking for less heat & humidity, OP is going to have to consider another country.   It the tropics, hot most of the year, and RH 60-80% even in dry season..  Sun blazing and UV levels high.

Did I mention ... it's the tropics :coffee1:

On 6/27/2024 at 6:28 PM, KhunLA said:

Just outside Prachuap Khiri Khan municipality.   About an hour+ below Hua Hin.   Which is a bit of a hassle, considering, HH Imm (100 kms away) is where we have to do any immigration paperwork or visa extensions.   

Fishing town, that gets some local weekenders.  Got some pretty bays, though nothing I'd swim in.  No nightlife, which I consider a plus, though most would be bored.

Can't really say I'd recommend for a single person, or a family person, as schools are a bit to be desired, and not even a Uni here.    Pineapple & coconut farmers, aside from fishing.

Quiet life suits us, and daughter got decent school elsewhere and Uni @ Bangkok area.

If not wanting to be close to Bangkok, where daughter lives, we'd probably live further south.   Chumphon or Nahhon Si Thammarat on gulf side, or Krabi city on  Andaman side.   Muang Phang Nga (municipality)  for a rural-ish city area, as quite lovely.

Thanks for the info. I have never been there in Prachuap Khiri Khan but I have heard it is quite and peaceful there. I have been in Chumphon and Krabi and Ao Nang but not Nakhon Si Thammarat which seems interesting as well. We too are not so much into the nightlife scene. Quite and peaceful is nice for us. We are living in Nong Khaem in the outskirts of Bangkok right now. But at the moment I am back in Sweden for some unfinished business. Yeah, we need to look around more when I am back again. I will for sure look into those places again, thanks. When I was there I had the tourist hat on and that is different from moving. I need to check those again I think. One important thing is to have a descent hospital around considering that we are not getting younger and that can become a life saver. And uni´s for the daughter but it looks like she will go in BKK anyway so that is not a big issue anymore. We will see were we end up but it is always nice to hear other peoples location and life situation so thank you very much for that :-).

• Thumbs Up 1