BYD Oh what a feeling, thrown under the bus.

DUNROAMIN

The auto 'expert' out for click-bait again.......lol

I didn't listen to, or read the whole story in its entirety - but but the gist of it is this cool family drove a BYD for 15 month, put 12,000 km on it and then wanted their money back? or is it all just a scam so they could be in the news? and their story milked as click-bait by more idiots for some YT $$?

I am not defending BYD how or if they (mis)handled(?) this case, they probably could have responded better, but if anything it goes to show that any glitch in an EV is gobbled up with alacrity by some ideologists.

One commenter sums it up succinctly:

Unless BYD were refusing to replace the battery, this seems like a beatup. Did I miss something? The idea of full refunds under warranty is practically unheard of in almost any retail experience. This failure sounds unfortunate but not unusual that a car broke down under warranty.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, mistral53 said:

The auto 'expert' out for click-bait again.......lol

I didn't listen to, or read the whole story in its entirety - but but the gist of it is this cool family drove a BYD for 15 month, put 12,000 km on it and then wanted their money back? or is it all just a scam so they could be in the news? and their story milked as click-bait by more idiots for some YT $$?

I am not defending BYD how or if they (mis)handled(?) this case, they probably could have responded better, but if anything it goes to show that any glitch in an EV is gobbled up with alacrity by some ideologists.

One commenter sums it up succinctly:

Unless BYD were refusing to replace the battery, this seems like a beatup. Did I miss something? The idea of full refunds under warranty is practically unheard of in almost any retail experience. This failure sounds unfortunate but not unusual that a car broke down under warranty.

Byd replaced the battery under warranty and they were provided with a replacement car while their car was in the workshop

mileage was 33,000 km not 12,000 km

“Battery failure is not a characteristic of the model, and this appears to be an isolated incident that occurred after 14 months and 33,000 kilometres on the road,” a spokeswoman said.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/motoring/on-the-road/we-were-team-byd-canberra-familys-chinese-ev-nightmare/news-story/68e4c5c1640b75df2fa46d26a3b160c0

• Thanks 2

15 hours ago, vinny41 said:

Byd replaced the battery under warranty and they were provided with a replacement car while their car was in the workshop

mileage was 33,000 km not 12,000 km

“Battery failure is not a characteristic of the model, and this appears to be an isolated incident that occurred after 14 months and 33,000 kilometres on the road,” a spokeswoman said.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/motoring/on-the-road/we-were-team-byd-canberra-familys-chinese-ev-nightmare/news-story/68e4c5c1640b75df2fa46d26a3b160c0

Since when has battery failure been a characteristic of any car?

• Confused 1