Brutal Assault on Lesbian Couple by 'middle eastern men' Sparks Outrage in Halifax

Social Media

image.png.6c17db418ac3cb305bdabc25cf1ea33e.png

In a shocking incident that has left the community reeling, a lesbian couple celebrating a birthday in downtown Halifax, Canada, was brutally beaten by a group of men after being subjected to homophobic slurs. The terrifying scene, captured on video, shows the couple surrounded by nearly a dozen men, with one woman lying on the ground while the other struggles to break free from one of the attackers.

The assault occurred on June 22, when Emma MacLean and her girlfriend Tori Hogan were out celebrating Emma's birthday. The couple encountered a group of men who allegedly made rude comments about their sexuality. MacLean described the men as "Middle Eastern" and said they are "believed to be from Syria."

Mob of 'middle eastern men' brutally beat lesbian couple out celebrating a  birthday - LBC

Tori, upset by the slur, confronted the men, saying, "Hey, watch your mouth, that's my girlfriend." However, her attempt to stand up for Emma quickly escalated into violence. Around 1:30 a.m., the group of approximately ten men began beating Tori. Emma recounted the horrifying events to CTV News, describing how Tori was pushed onto cement stairs and then surrounded and attacked. "I see Tori being pushed on the stairs right in front of the BMO Centre, and they are cement stairs, and she's on her back—that's when all the men started punching and kicking them," Emma said.

MacLean is now asking the public to help identify her assailants

Despite Emma's attempts to intervene by yelling at the men to stop, they continued their assault on Tori. Emma described how she eventually tried to protect her girlfriend by physically restraining one of the attackers. "All at once they all just swarmed her and started punching and kicking her in the ribs. Then I kind of got into my fight or flight," Emma told Saltwire. She explained that she "basically jumped on one of their backs and put them in a chokehold—trying to restrain them."

She described them on Facebook as 'Middle Eastern men, believed to be from Syria'

Witnesses captured videos showing some of the men kicking at one of the women on the ground while the other struggled to break free. By the time police were alerted and arrived on the scene, the fight had already ended. Officers spoke with one of the men involved, who blamed the fight on the two women. While he provided his ID, the other men refused to cooperate or identify themselves, according to Emma.

Halifax Regional Police are still investigating the incident, and no charges have been brought against the attackers. Emma and Tori believe the assailants are between 18 and 24 years old. Emma said police are hoping to obtain CCTV footage, but existing videos taken by witnesses clearly show the men "beating up two girls."

The assault left both women with injuries. Tori suffered bruises on her arm and under her eye, while Emma was left with a chipped tooth, a broken nose, and bruises. Recounting the incident, Emma said, "I felt punches and kicks and then I felt it on my nose and there was blood." Despite her training in mixed martial arts, Emma opted to try and restrain one of the attackers rather than throw punches. "I put them in a chokehold," she said, recalling how both she and the man fell to the ground before she let go after "being manhandled."

The attack has left Emma and Tori shaken and terrified to return to downtown Halifax. Emma expressed her heartbreak over the incident, especially during Pride Month. "Now people will be terrified to hold their partner's hand walking down the street. It’s just a major setback," she told Saltwire. She believes they were targeted due to their sexuality, noting that one of the men told Tori, "You wish you had a dick." Emma added, "Clearly, they picked her out—she's a more masculine-presenting lady than I am, so I think they thought they had the go ahead—she was fair game for them."

Emma shared photos of the men from the night of the attack and pleaded for anyone with information or video footage to come forward. Halifax Regional Police issued a statement emphasizing their commitment to taking incidents "motivated by hate toward a specific group very seriously." They encouraged anyone exposed to offensive, threatening, or intimidating behavior to report it, stating, "Even if the investigation does not find criminal wrongdoing in that specific incident, it is important to have it on record as part of the collective effort to identify trends and prevent violence."

Credit: LBC | Daily Mail 2024-07-04

news-logo-btm.jpg

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Cryingdick said:

It's these these type of moronic comments that make me dislike conservatives almost as much as liberals. I guess at least it is honest.

So you actually think these members of the lbtgqxyz community will continue to participate in the pro hamas protests?

Your username was appropriately chosen, honestly.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

I know, that is quite sad.  I guess the racial composition of the victims and the criminals does not fit the accepted narrative. I can only imagine the coverage if, for example, two Muslim girls wearing hijabs were assaulted by a gang of white guys.  

But this story puts the government and the policy on immigration in an embarrassing light, so it is buried.  Shows where the groups each rank in the Progressive Victimhood Table of Anger.  Muslims rank higher than run-of-the-mill gay people, so therefore no crime was committed.

this one was all over the news though. in fairness toronto pride parade is quite a big event and does get a lot of coverage.

https://nationalpost.com/news/anti-israel-protesters-shut-down-toronto-pride-parade

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, stoner said:

this one was all over the news though. in fairness toronto pride parade is quite a big event and does get a lot of coverage.

https://nationalpost.com/news/anti-israel-protesters-shut-down-toronto-pride-parade

True enough. But there are some large caveats. Pride Parade is one of the biggest events of the year in Toronto. Plus the anti Israel protests are not really racial or cultural in nature, but political.  So you could say that leftists rank below LGB people in the Oppression Olympics in this case. 

Hopefully both of these situations will open a few eyes in the liberal/left/LGBT communities that they are NOT liked by conservative Muslims or political Islamists, and that they are being used. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Halifax, Nova Scotia, is one of the very few areas (perhaps the only area) in Canada that still shows minuscule support for Trudeau's Liberal government.

The last two years have seen immigration of a million per year to Canada, all too many from a part of the world whose name cannot be mentioned whenever crimes like this are committed.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Social Media said:

Halifax Regional Police issued a statement stating, "Even if the investigation does not find criminal wrongdoing in that specific incident"

looks like Halifax police has preempted in their mindset which endangered group deserves to be protected more: middle eastern men vs lesbians

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Rotweiler said:

So...  when is Thaiger going to officially change the name of the forum to Asean/North America/UK Now?

A more suitable name-change would be to

Artificial Intelligence latest.

How many of us thread-followers are sick and tired of these tiresomely loooooong introductions from the Daily Algorithm????

• Agree 1