Indian Tourist Seriously Injured on Sea Walker Tour in Pattaya, Police Investigate

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya-In response to a serious incident involving an Indian tourist, the Pattaya tourist police conducted an inspection of a Sea Walker business, a popular water activity attraction.

The tourist had become seriously injured while participating on the Sea Walker and required immediate medical attention at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital. In a sea walker business, a tourist wears a helmet providing air while exploring the bottom of a relatively shallow area of the Pattaya Gulf.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Piyaphong Ensarn, along with Pol. Lt. Col. Suparat Meepreecha and Pol. Lt. Col. Apichart Jarurak, led the investigation. The team examined two boats associated with the attraction: the Marine Diving Service paddle boat and the Kong Samut 8 boat, both located near the Koh Sak area in Chonburi Province.

By Adam Judd

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-07-04

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

The inspection revealed that the Marine Diving Service paddle boats had valid licenses, but eight foreign workers were present. Further examinations showed that six of these workers were Cambodians who had entered the country illegally and did not have work permits or visas.

So what happened to the Captain  and owner of the boat, or tour operators?

Hiring 6 illegal workers?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, steven100 said:
9 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Not rocket science but there are strict rules regarding air supply & backup systems when going underwater that MUST be followed.

not in Thailand

Sadly, many so-called "extreme activities" are more risky in Thailand than in places where the rules are observed.

I used to SCUBA dive, but was lucky enough to have friends in the diving industry on Phuket who ran dive shops and did do things properly.  Knowing how many unnecessary incidents occur due to lack of care or financial impropriety I was/am very careful to choose my supplier carefully.

Same could be said of parasailing (not my bag) jet skiing (especially, if the tales are to be believed) or even regular vehicle hire.😞

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering how this attraction works? I guess the customers all don these helmets with a breathing pipe attached, but to enable them to walk on the bottom some weights are requires. A life jacket would be counter productive unless it came with a small tank to inflate it.

I would be nervous myself in a weight belt and dependent on something Thai maintained. 

• Agree 1