Stay in hotel/condo, what with TM30?

I know that if someone stay in a hotel/condo, the hotel log book has your name +Address and this will go every day to immigration.
For short stays the normal procedure is that when you return home, you need to report to immigration.
But what happens if you want to stay away for a longer period.
Example, renting a condominium for 2 or 3 months?
How do people get their TM30 when they own 2 places?

54 minutes ago, Confuscious said:

why would you need to?
Just pick which place you're going to use for your extensions/90 day reports etc and have a TM30 filed at that place.
If you own your own place don't even bother telling them you're moving between them. Just make sure you use the address for stuff where you have the TM30 filed and use the office in that area for what ever you're doing

5 hours ago, Confuscious said:

I know that if someone stay in a hotel/condo, the hotel log book has your name +Address and this will go every day to immigration.

Don't ever believe they do!

I always ask paper copy of the report and take it to the Immi.

No problems.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Confuscious said:

Immi Korat has a different opinion on this.
Last time, I spend 2 weeks in Pattaya and didn't report that I returned.
Had to pay a fine for that when making my 90-days report.

I mispoke, I should have said TM30s are meaningless unless you need to deal with immigration

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Confuscious said:

For short stays the normal procedure is that when you return home, you need to report to immigration.

Do it yourself register the both places online.

For those who say a TM-30  and TM-47 are ONLY necessary for "stay extensions", I  suggest you read Section 4 AND Section 38 of the IMMIGRATION ACT.

Many IO's are cross checking PP numbers, addresss and re-entry permits  against "extensions of stay" and various visas.

It all depends on LOCAL iO policy what they require.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, itsari said:

What about carrying out a 90 day report ? is the  TM 30 then a requirment or not?

A TM-30 IS REQUIRED for ANY place a foreigner stays within 24 hours of residing, hotels and landlords usually do - some landlords do NOT do. 

Edited by edwardflory
spelling...fat fingers
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, edwardflory said:

A TM-30 IS REQUIRED for ANY place a foreigner stays within 24 hours of residing, hotels and landlords usually do - some landlords do NOT do. 

Thank you for your help with understanding the TM 30 requirments . 

However I was asking if the TM 30 is required for carrying out a 90 day report .

The answer to that is obviously yes .

I was replying to the  post of a member saying that the TM 30 is only required when applying for an extension of stay. 

On Tuesday the 2nd of July I went to the local immigration office to do a 90 day report which was the first time for me .

I looked into what i needed and took copies of my TM 6 , last entry into thailand , original  of my last 90 day report carried out by an agent, TM 30, last extension stamp and previous extensiion stamp.

The immigration officer told me when i gave over my passport and copies i thought were required that all i needed was my passport with the tm 6 and the original TM30 .

He handed back all my copies of business not needed . 

So much for looking into what is needed for the 90 day report online.

Have a good day Edward

24 minutes ago, itsari said:

However I was asking if the TM 30 is required for carrying out a 90 day report .

The answer to that is obviously yes .

If you've not registered your details and address with Immigration via a TM30, then you wouldn't be able to successfully submit a 90-day report as they wouldn't have your details on file.

90 day reports are only required when you have been given permission to stay for more than 90 consecutive days.

28 minutes ago, itsari said:

I was replying to the  post of a member saying that the TM 30 is only required when applying for an extension of stay. 

What the member was meaning is that if you have no reason during your stay to visit an Immigration office (Tourist 30 day VE) then don't worry about a TM30.

If however you wanted to apply for a 30-day extension to that 30 day VE entry, then unless you'd filed a TM30 you would be refused.

You wouldn't be required to file a 90-day report entering as a Tourist or on a single entry Non Imm 0 visa.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, itsari said:

What about carrying out a 90 day report ? is the  TM 30 then a requirment or not?

The TM30 is not a requirement for 90 days reports.

But if you have failed to report to have been out of the territory, you are flagged at your next 90 days reports.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Confuscious said:

The TM30 is not a requirement for 90 days reports.

But if you have failed to report to have been out of the territory, you are flagged at your next 90 days reports.

At CW it is and I think they have linked databases also to check when done online. TM30 seems to be the foundational document now for Imm.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

How do you avoid dealings as tourist? 🙂

If you don't extend your tourist visa/VE in country TM30 status is not checked, other than if they check your address e.g. visit units in a condo during a sweep for e.g. overstayers.

Edited by mokwit
  • Like 1

On 7/4/2024 at 8:10 AM, Tod Daniels said:

why would you need to?
Just pick which place you're going to use for your extensions/90 day reports etc and have a TM30 filed at that place.
If you own your own place don't even bother telling them you're moving between them. Just make sure you use the address for stuff where you have the TM30 filed and use the office in that area for what ever you're doing

It's depending of the local immigration office. Where I stay – under Surat Thani Immigration – will any registered visit outside the province result in a new TM30 needs to be given. So if you are registered anywhere else – or has left Thailand and re-entered, even you have a re-entry permission – a new TM30 is needed.

OP could check with his local immigration office about what they wish; some – if not most – places might follow that you don't need to re-register, but there are exceptions.

6 hours ago, khunPer said:

It's depending of the local immigration office. Where I stay – under Surat Thani Immigration – will any registered visit outside the province result in a new TM30 needs to be given. So if you are registered anywhere else – or has left Thailand and re-entered, even you have a re-entry permission – a new TM30 is needed.

OP could check with his local immigration office about what they wish; some – if not most – places might follow that you don't need to re-register, but there are exceptions.

Korat immi is the same.

If you go outside the province, you are <deleted>.

I didn't try to spend a weekend at a local hotel, but chances are that you will be <deleted> as well as the hotel will alert immi.

Feels like we are prisoners here.

Maybe the next step will be to fit every visa holder with an ankle gps.

Edited by Confuscious
Add
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, mokwit said:

If you don't extend your tourist visa/VE in country TM30 status is not checked, other than if they check your address e.g. visit units in a condo during a sweep for e.g. overstayers.

That'll work for "2 week millionaires" but not for me. I stay 3-5 months...

Also, are you sure they don't control if you have done required report "within 24h of arrival" rule?

I don't risk being stopped at next arrival. Reporting is easy; just 2-3h of torture at Jomtien.

Edited by GypsyT

1 minute ago, GypsyT said:

That'll work for "2 week millionaires" but not for me. I stay 3-5 months...

Also, are you sure they don't control if you have done required report "within 24h of arrival" rule?

I don't to risk being stopped at next arrival.

So far there have been no reports of people being queried about TM30 on exit or on reentry.