Riding in Pattaya

I've been riding a scooter in Thailand for about 7 years... never in Pattaya and certainly not in Bangkok... 

Can any of you compare riding in Pattaya/Jomtirn (where I'm moving to) to riding a scooter in Hua Hin? 

Things appear more hectic in Pattaya... are they? Faster too? 

Been ages since I was in Hua Hin, but from what I remember the layout is much simpler.  There fewer foreigners, too.  Those who are there seemed to bring their foreign riding rules with them.  Pattaya people seem to think they can follow what they think are Thai  rules of the road, which leads to the recklessness.

• Like 1

The difference from Hua Hin, there is very little close by scenery and nice roads in Pattaya. Hua Hin you have so many options to go out and follow the beaches, or go more in to the jungle and more interesting little trafficked roads up to Kanchanaburi through Suan Phueng. Hua Hin also have the bigger scooter club riding every sunday I think it was. Cant remember the name now, but active on fb, and it looked like well organized group with many great rides. At least from the pics they posted. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hummin said:

there is very little close by scenery and nice roads in Pattaya.

Incorrect, Wat Yan, Silverlake isn't far away, great roads, then  a little further there's Nang Ram beach or fishing village

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:

Incorrect, Wat Yan, Silverlake isn't far away, great roads, then  a little further there's Nang Ram beach or fishing village

Okay, Im just saying, there is not much around Pattya compared to Hua Hin

• Confused 1

Not a big difference. I have biked in both towns, HH is a little more relaxed, less gridlock, especially on weekends when half of Bangkok descends on Pattaya. 

Pollution is worse in P. ,and the constant roadwork is a pain in the neck.

• Like 1