Trump Rally in Butler PA

52 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I was never in the USA. But I watch the news...

That's definitely the wrong place to gain info and form an opinion ... :coffee1:

38 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Gun nut alert!

Just a few folks with more gun knowledge/experience than yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The whole episode looks completely staged. Now we are seeing photos of a bloodied Trump under the US flag, with his fist raised in defiance. 

Real or psy op?

Depending on the camera position real. His fist was raised and he was bloodied and likely to be a few American flags there.

• Confused 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

That's definitely the wrong place to gain info and form an opinion ... :coffee1:

Just a few folks with more gun knowledge/experience than yourself.

Yes. For sure they know more about guns and ammo than I will ever care to know.

Just like the red-headed guy on the BBC interview who had to interrupt the interviewer to claim, "I know ALL about guns," and then proceeded to say that after watching for "three minutes", he didn't know what sort of gun the shooter had.

What a colossal waste of an education.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Possible photo of shooter.  Looks like after counter sniper did his thing. Looks like the ongoing news conference is not going to reveal much.  This is generally SOP after a major incident like this. 

Edited by sqwakvfr

15 minutes ago, KhunLA said:
1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I have to admit I was never in the USA. But I watch the news...

I forgot; I also watch Hollywood movies. 😉

MV5BOTdmNWZjMmUtOGQyZS00NzI3LTlhZjctNTdi

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Just like the red-headed guy on the BBC interview who had to interrupt the interviewer to claim, "I know ALL about guns," and then proceeded to say that after watching for "three minutes", he didn't know what sort of gun the shooter had.

I owned a few, and had a FFL (Fed Firearms License) to sell & collect firearms.   So I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I'm talking about.

A few of my toys:

1719369626669.jpg

Edited by KhunLA
  • Sad 1

Just now, KhunLA said:

I owned a few, and had a FFL (Fed Firearms License) to sell & collect firearms.   So I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I'm talking about.

A few of my toys:

1719369626669.jpg

That one on the right looks like a Mosin.  Is the one on the left a Mosin too?

• Confused 1

28 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Saying "I know ALL about guns," is not the same as knowing everything about guns. As a general contractor for nearly 40 years I knew all about construction, but did not know everything about construction.  People who claim to have ALL the answers are generally not being honest.

Although I was an avid gun collector I was far from knowing everything about guns.

By the way, what is your area of expertise?

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Depending on the camera position real. His fist was raised and he was bloodied and likely to be a few American flags there.

Yeah...those photos were reporters at ground level in front of the stage....which is why they are looking up

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

That one on the right looks like a Mosin.  Is the one on the left a Mosin too?

No Mosins ...

AK

Mini 14

Mossberg short

2 Springfields ... far left & right

FN49

Mauser

Hakim 

Edited by KhunLA
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Yagoda said:

There's nobody there

I believe currently SS has gone back to the old days when POTUS travels.  Former POTUS Trump probably gets the "B" team of agents on his detail.  Rightfully the best of the Secret Service will be assinged to POTUS and VPOTUS.  I recall when Bubba Clinton came to LA in the 1990's (actually he came ofter and usually without the HIlary) the security perimeters were large and wide.  The Marine Corps usually brought 3 CH-53's with all the gear for the SS.  The security for Bubba was Secret Service, California Highway Patrol and us the local PD. In compraisioin Trump's detail is small. If you see the video after Trump is pushed down the local or state police guys with the tactical gear and long rifles took a whilre before they got on stage.  The tactical guys are supposed to protect the agents while they surround and move Trump.  

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, sqwakvfr said:

If you see the video after Trump is pushed down the local or state police guys with the tactical gear and long rifles took a whilre before they got on stage.  The tactical guys are supposed to protect the agents while they surround and move Trump.  

I was impressed by the guys around the stage.  The guys responsible for watching the rooftops, not so much. 

Witnesses claimed to be pointing out the shooter for "several minutes" while he was "bear climbing the roof".  They claimed to have the attention of the local popo and the SS, but the slope of the roof hid the guy while he was climbing.

I think there will be a reckoning among the Secret Service for what the not-so-MSM are calling an abject failure to secure the candidate.

37 minutes ago, dutch boy said:

I think this proves to the world how despicable the left wing Democrats are in the United States. The Democrats have been un-masked by Biden's disastrous performance at the last debate and now will revert to murder to prop up their dementia laden old man. Trump is a fighter and the most fit person to lead the United States going forward. God bless Trump.

Trump shot.webp

I agree. Why are they blaming Iran? Democrats behind it for sure.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, susanlea said:

I agree. Why are they blaming Iran? Democrats behind it for sure.

There is alot of crazy people in the states, but for politicians to take out each other, would not be tactical smart. If ones head is a target, everyones head is a target, and same rule is between leaders in war. They very rearly take each other out if not overwhelming power, and little risk for revenge. 

Will be interesting to look at the polls after this attempt, I guess his popularity will increase dramatically, and if he had succeeded hell would had broken out. 

Edited by Hummin

31 minutes ago, impulse said:

I was impressed by the guys around the stage.  The guys responsible for watching the rooftops, not so much. 

Witnesses claimed to be pointing out the shooter for "several minutes" while he was "bear climbing the roof".  They claimed to have the attention of the local popo and the SS, but the slope of the roof hid the guy while he was climbing.

I think there will be a reckoning among the Secret Service for what the not-so-MSM are calling an abject failure to secure the candidate.

Nahhhh...

This is what the Secret Service has been busy with, the new Director has a background in protecting Lay's and Cheetos.  Someone should probably be fired for not securing that roof at 150m with a clear shot.  ]

Mayorkas also recently denied providing additonal Secret Service detail to Trump and has never provided any to Kennedy despite multiple requests. 

There are a few threads I've been reading on Twitter with people trying to find the shooter's social media footprint.  Everything has been removed.

Secret Service Hires.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, susanlea said:

Left wing scum tried to kill him. 

At this stage there is no official confirmation of the killers motive (lone wolf)? However, I have noticed a number of MAGA's making similar claims, even blaming Biden. One would think right now is the time to deescalate  partisan rhetoric as confirmed by leaders of democratic parties.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Expat4life66 said:

There are a few threads I've been reading on Twitter with people trying to find the shooter's social media footprint.  Everything has been removed.

If there was one out there, Elon will find it.  And this event nudged him off the fence.  He's all in for Trump after the attempt.

I fully endorse President Trump and hope for his rapid recovery pic.twitter.com/ZdxkF63EqF

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 13, 2024

Last time America had a candidate this tough was Theodore Roosevelt

— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) July 13, 2024

Edit:  The wingnut conspiracy part of me says they held off releasing his name until they had purged his online profile.

Edited by impulse
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Terrance8812 said:

You mean a fighter like when he staged a traitorous, seditious, treasonous attack on the US Capitol building that killed a number of police officers and could have ended up killing his vice president too?

I'm amazed how people are able to parse reality, bend the truth, and come up with an alternative narrative to be able to see only what they want to see. 

Exactly how did Trump stage the January 6 attack in D.C?  Please be specific with documented facts.

Edited by Hawaiian
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1