Alcohol Sales Prohibited in Thailand on July 20-21, 2024

webfact

18 minutes ago, expat_4_life said:

Official sales of alcoholic beverages will be prohibited from midnight on Friday, July 19th, 2024, until midnight on Sunday, July 21st, 2024

Mom and Pop shops will be doing good trade this weekend :smile:

I used to get a 24 can case of Beer Chang from Villa Market a few days before. And as someone said, surely one day of not going out isn't that big a deal!

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

21 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i could never understand the attraction to alcohol.  it can kill you, make you act stupid, ruin relationships and you feel like crap the day after. its for people who are afraid to be themselves.  crutch. 

If you dont drink then how would you know? It might do you good to wake up with an hangover one day, keep you opinions to yourself, people like to get smashed, 

• Sad 4
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

In conjunction with these observances, the Thai Prime Minister’s Office has issued a notice prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages on religious holidays.

In conjunction with these observances, the Thai Prime Minister’s Office has issued a notice prohibiting the sale of alcoholic beverages on religious holidays.

What next, convert to Islam?

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Oh, come on.  Those of us who know places like Pattaya realized there are plenty of places to buy a drink.  And, mom and pop shops away from the main areas.  Figure it out.

• Confused 4

9 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Oh, come on.  Those of us who know places like Pattaya realized there are plenty of places to buy a drink.  And, mom and pop shops away from the main areas.  Figure it out.

I have one in my Soi, she's great

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These major religious days have been honored by the Thai people for generations. During this period, citizens will participate in merit-making activities, almsgiving, observing precepts, and engaging in religious practices at various temples, thereby fostering and promoting Buddhism among the Thai populace.

I'm sure all the tourists will observe this law ans fully understand...

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, expat_4_life said:

Official sales of alcoholic beverages will be prohibited from midnight on Friday, July 19th, 2024, until midnight on Sunday, July 21st, 2024

Mom and Pop shops will be doing good trade this weekend :smile:

Mine always obliges... with a smile

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, malibukid said:

i could never understand the attraction to alcohol.  it can kill you, make you act stupid, ruin relationships and you feel like crap the day after.

Kinda like having a bit of fluff on the side.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1