Found it at last....something that cures constipation for me!!!!!

20 hours ago, xylophone said:

After suffering from what the doctors in BUPA (London) called, "a slow digestive system" back in the early 80s, I was never able to find anything to counter that, so constipation was something I had to live with and no amount of fibre, Metamucil, Fibrogel and similar ever worked.

And yes I do eat vegetables and food with bran in it, much of which I add myself, and porridge with added bran still makes no difference. Hence the reason I went to have a colonoscopy at Bangkok Phuket Hospital and explained my constipation to the Dr. At the appointment I took along everything I'd ever tried for constipation, mainly: – sennakot tablets, milk of magnesia (liquid), Bisacodyl tablets, Castor oil, and even told him about my home-made remedy of sorbitol with a prune juice drink (the reaction of which can be a little "vicious").

After the colonoscopy proved everything was okay, he gave me tablets called Resolor (Prucalopride) which did work occasionally, but resulted in headaches and sleepless nights, so I wasn't keen on taking those, so I was left with nothing in my armoury, UNTIL my daughter suggested this particular Thai product, which has worked wonders, and that's why I'm posting it on here, because if there's anyone else out there who has suffered like I have over decades, this could well be the answer. Available in pharmacies such as Boots and Watsons and one sachet taken at night before bed, after pouring the contents into a glass of water, stirring it and letting it soak for five minutes before stirring again and drinking.

So I take this natural remedy, whose main contents are Tamarind powder and now I am a happy man!!!!!

Posh Medica.JPG

Thanks for posting this. I have just purchased some sachets from 7/11 for my mum who suffers from the same problem.

Can you please clarify how you take it and how often? I assume it's the whole sachet mixed with 150ml-250ml cold water. Did you take it for several days before any effects or did one sachet do the trick? Would you take it every day or just as and when needed?

Any additional info much appreciated and thank you for the useful tip.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Thanks for posting this. I have just purchased some sachets from 7/11 for my mum who suffers from the same problem.

Can you please clarify how you take it and how often? I assume it's the whole sachet mixed with 150ml-250ml cold water. Did you take it for several days before any effects or did one sachet do the trick? Would you take it every day or just as and when needed?

i'm waiting to hear from others who try it ........... before i do   😄

( actually,  i will ...... but waiting till needed )

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Keeps said:

Good day, only too pleased to help if I can, so here goes with how I make it work for me: –

I mix a whole sachet with about 250ml of cold water and stir it briskly, then leave it for about five minutes before stirring again and then drinking the whole lot, and I do this just before I go to bed......and I get a response the next morning.

For me one sachet did the trick however I will take it for a few days on a continual basis because I think I may need to retrain my digestive system with this stuff, although I'm not sure if that is something which is medically possible in my case!

Because it works for me the next morning, I may well limit my intake to one sachet every two days, and even that will be a godsend for me! I suppose one could take it as and when needed, as per your question, however I need to get my digestive system working on a "regular basis" so at the moment once in the evening seems good for me, possibly then moving on to once every two days.

I hope this answers your questions, and by all means ask others, and if you want to ask any more "in-depth/personal" questions, then you can always send me a PM.

I did note that one poster suggested spicy Thai food works for him, however it doesn't work for me, even though I eat raw chilis, both green and red on some of the food I cook for myself – – different strokes/digestive systems for different folks I suppose?

Just before I sign off I will share an amusing storywith you and other posters – – I went on holiday to Spain with some friends in the early 80s, for a two-week break, however after the first few days I was so constipated it was becoming painful, and I didn't know what to buy in Spain to alleviate that problem.

So I briefed the other friends that they were to seek out one of the dingiest/unclean restaurants they could find and point them out to me because I was desperate to go along to sample the food in order to give me a good clear out. I also suggested that if they could find any prawns which were past their use by date, they should let me know, because I would buy and eat them. I was that desperate!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The name of this stuff is "Tamarind Fiber" - "Fiber" (transliterated into Thai) being written in big letters. 

So I guess this is the main ingredient, and recommend the other threads about fiber 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Lorry said:

The name of this stuff is "Tamarind Fiber" - "Fiber" (transliterated into Thai) being written in big letters. 

So I guess this is the main ingredient, and recommend the other threads about fiber 

As I mentioned earlier Tamarind powder is the main ingredient, however just in case you didn't see it, it also has the following powders.....

Tamarind powder.
Chlorella powder.
Psyllium husk powder.
Guar gum.
Fructo-oligosaccharide.
Indian gooseberry powder.
Spinach powder.
Terminalia powder.
Ascerola Cherry powder.
Parsley powder.
Pomegranate powder.
Sea buckthorn powder.
Chrysanthemum powder.
Dandelion extract.
Polydextrose.
Reishi mushroom extract.

Anyway, it works for me and I am delighted!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xylophone said:

As I mentioned earlier Tamarind powder is the main ingredient, however just in case you didn't see it, it also has the following powders.....

Tamarind powder.
Chlorella powder.
Psyllium husk powder.
Guar gum.
Fructo-oligosaccharide.
Spinach powder.
Terminalia powder.
Ascerola Cherry powder.
Parsley powder.
Pomegranate powder.
Sea buckthorn powder.
Chrysanthemum powder.
Dandelion extract.
Polydextrose.
Reishi mushroom extract.

I have seen your list before,  but from this list its impossible to guess how much of each ingredient. 

So from the name of this stuff I guess outs mainly fiber from tamarind.

Of course you should stick to it, if it works. I might try it myself

• Like 1

PS Visiting their shop at Lazada, it seems Tamarind is there for the taste and the acidity.

They have fiber pineapple, lemon, orange, apple, passionfruit.

PPS I stay corrected after reading @KhunLA's post

Edited by Lorry

14 minutes ago, Lorry said:

PS Visiting their shop at Lazada, it seems Tamarind is there for the taste and the acidity.

They have fiber pineapple, lemon, orange, apple, passionfruit.

34 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Tamarind powder.
Chlorella powder.
Psyllium husk powder.
Guar gum.
Fructo-oligosaccharide.
Spinach powder.
Terminalia powder.
Ascerola Cherry powder.
Parsley powder.
Pomegranate powder.
Sea buckthorn powder.
Chrysanthemum powder.
Dandelion extract.
Polydextrose.
Reishi mushroom extract.

image.png.fe89449aad1dc7013e7c2eee27d16189.png

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/20/2024 at 4:57 PM, rumak said:

Have you tried taking HALF a packet ?

Yes I decided to try that last night, but unfortunately no result this morning, so tonight back to the full sachet!!

On 7/20/2024 at 5:20 PM, xylophone said:

I will post the ingredients shortly, but in answer to your questions, one small packet contains about the equivalent of 1 tablespoon of the powder, so not sure if half a packet would work, although I may give it a try.

It's not really strong in that it makes you run to the toilet, however if taken before bed, about 10 to 12 hours later one feels the need to go to the toilet although not like my combination of sorbitol and prune juice which means that you have to be close to the toilet as it can be quite "vicious" when it works!

Of all of the things I've tried, including prescription remedies, this seems to really fit the bill for me, and as per your request, here are the ingredients therein: –

Tamarind powder.
Chlorella powder.
Psyllium husk powder.
Guar gum.
Fructo-oligosaccharide.
Spinach powder.
Terminalia powder.
Ascerola Cherry powder.
Parsley powder.
Pomegranate powder.
Sea buckthorn powder.
Chrysanthemum powder.
Dandelion extract.
Polydextrose.
Reishi mushroom extract.

Surely its the Psyllium doing the work? it's in all those other similar products, many of them are pretty nasty to drink. At the moment I use Deproud Bio Fibre , pineapple taste and easy to drink. Better than Nuui Fiberly Prune and the Donut one. It's either that or Unison enemas from 7/11. Where do you get this one from?

Edited by proton

2 minutes ago, proton said:

Surely its the Psyllium doing the work? it's in all those other similar products, many of them are pretty nasty to drink. At the moment I use Deproud Bio Fibre , pineapple taste and easy to drink. Better than Nuui Fiberly Prune and the Donut one. It's either that or Unison enemas from 7/11. Where do you get this one from?

Well I have tried psyllium in all its different forms and it has made no difference, only bunged me up even more, so whatever else is in this, is definitely working for me.

You can buy it at Boots, Watsons, and according to a couple of other posters from some 7-Eleven shops. For the record this one tastes very sweet, so much so that I have to take a drink of water after it, just take away the intense sweetness! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bubblegum said:

Did not work for my wife. Take it one time works, two works a bit. Third time no.

she always has some kind of coco hot drink that does the thing.

Well I will find out soon enough.........just hope that it keeps working for me as it is just what I need!!

• Agree 1

I haven't been following this topic, so sorry if my solution has already been suggested 

My problem was the opposite - very loose stools. I thought it might be irritable bowel syndrome or diarrhoea. But there was no pain, just a bit of bloating. 

After 2 or 3 weeks, I realised it was probably the prunes that I had started having for breakfast. So I stopped eating them three days ago and now I'm OK. 

So maybe eating some prunes every day may fix your problem. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JetsetBkk said:

I haven't been following this topic, so sorry if my solution has already been suggested 

My problem was the opposite - very loose stools. I thought it might be irritable bowel syndrome or diarrhoea. But there was no pain, just a bit of bloating. 

After 2 or 3 weeks, I realised it was probably the prunes that I had started having for breakfast. So I stopped eating them three days ago and now I'm OK. 

So maybe eating some prunes every day may fix your problem. 

Tried that thanks JetsetBkk, to no avail....and I really have tried just about everything imaginable over the years/decades from every fibre stuff available on the market, to castor oil (the old-fashioned mothers remedy from years ago), a double dose of sennacot tablets, to prescription laxatives and everything in between hence me being ecstatic when I found the stuff, because it works for me.

The reason that prunes work is because they contain sorbitol, which is a well-known laxative agent and I even took to buying a litre of the stuff to add a few tablespoons of it to some prune juice, and that did work, but it was a little vicious (if you see what I mean) and if you weren't within a couple of metres of a toilet when it started to work, then you were out of luck. In addition it was not that reliable if you slightly under dosed on it.

I will persevere with this stuff, but may have to go back to the sorbitol if all else fails.

1 hour ago, proton said:

Tamarind not only provides fiber but also has a laxative effect thanks to tartaric acid, malic acid, and potassium. Similarly, Deproud's formula includes papaya fiber and papain, a laxative enzyme found in papaya.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Yes I decided to try that last night, but unfortunately no result this morning, so tonight back to the full sachet!!

yep,  good to try though.    ALSO,  i am sincerely hoping that the success you're having does not diminish with time,  as your body adapts to the "new"  stimulant .

Just a thought ..... ( i remember many moons ago when morning coffee was enough to get me to the bathroom) .   Now,  no luck with that .  

So..... might be a consideration to do every other day as you once mentioned .  Seems like you are quite aware of such things/ changes .     once again, stay loose  😅

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

if you see what I mean) and if you weren't within a couple of metres of a toilet when it started to work... 

I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately. 😱 🤢

😂

• Thumbs Up 1

Tamarind is a popular laxative amongst Thai people. I sometimes get some tamarind from the market to eat fresh and my wife always tells me to not eat too many because of the laxative effect. She also makes a spicy dipping sauce to go with grilled chicken - its tamarind paste with lots of chilli, garlic, lemon juice, palm sugar etc - its very tasty and a powerful laxative!

• Thumbs Up 1

So it appears to work well on human waste.

Can it clear out the BullShi- on the political threads?  

Perhaps every member should drink a glass 8 hours before posting.

Would it help?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, xylophone said:

I took a full sachet last night (there isn't a great amount in one sachet) and got a result this morning, so it will be my "go to" evening drink now!!

Wonderful!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/20/2024 at 5:20 PM, xylophone said:

Psyllium husk powder.

This is the ingredient that is important.

The other ingredients are not necessary.

This is well-known among gastro docs.

On 7/20/2024 at 2:32 PM, xylophone said:

After suffering from what the doctors in BUPA (London) called, "a slow digestive system"

Im the opposite. I have a very fast metabolic rate. If anyone knows ways to reverse that rate then I'm all ears.

I use Macrogol occasionally if I get constipated, it is very effective for me. Quite inexpensive, the equivalent of 250 baht for 30 sachets in Australia. No doubt there are local equivalents in Thailand.

Macrogol, also known as polyethylene glycol (PEG), is generally considered to be non-toxic.  It is widely used in a variety of products, including laxatives, cosmetics, and medications.

Macrogol is a commonly used laxative that works by drawing water into the intestines, which helps to soften stools and promote bowel movements .I t is considered to be a safe and effective treatment for constipation.

Of course, such compounds are anathema to the Big Pharma conspiracy theorists, who would excommunicate me with bell, book and candle.

What they don't know is without Big Pharma I would not be here. Accordingly, I disregard their daft, fact-free opinions.

IMG20240722194501.jpg

• Like 1