MOPH’s plan to rub out illicit activities in Thai massage shops

8 minutes ago, Olmate said:

And you will be right behind them, dribbling as usual! 

Not me mate those years are well gone. I've been married for 22 years to an Isarn lady. We all know know the consequences these ladies resort to if they discover that their husband is an infidel.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Sure, all these women, young and old, sitting invitingly in front of their massage shops are going to clean up their act, or change jobs to doing 8 hour shifts in some downsizing auto assembly factories. I have doubts. And that's the "problem". The tip for an hour's "work" is as much as my step-niece gets for standing behind a counter in a 7-11 all day. And whatever the minister thinks, there's no real stigma attached to such work. How about cleaning up the structural inadequacies of this economy so it can move forward and give women more choices?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Clean up the seedy side of the industry" - maybe the minister is something like 50 - 60+ years behind schedule in "cleaning up". The industry was always very "flexible"; remember the "Turkish Bath" network of "Happy Happy Landing" running sometimes 24/7 - for good reason?

No need to mention in, it is there and makes billions of money; some of which feeds the underlings in charge of "hunting down" those nasty culprits - me thinks! 

Why do Thai politicians and institutions never fail but to focus on the minor issues and totally forget about the big issues? It is like it says in the Christian part of the bible where Jesus asks how come you can see the speck in your brother's eye, but not the log in your own? 

On 8/2/2024 at 4:36 PM, snoop1130 said:

Somsak threatened to close down all shops secretly operating as brothels. He hopes to clean up all massage parlours within two months before the next fiscal year begins.

Not gonna happen . 🙏

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

So the gov't now wants to stop what's happening in private, hidden from the public, inside massage parlours?

No problem about the girls hanging around the streets in full view of families/children?

What's next, cameras inside hotel rooms to ensure tourists are not bringing paid girls to their rooms?

Being around the street isn't illegal and those girls are not having sex in full view of families and children.

Taking a girl to a hotel room for paid sex is not illegal in Thailand, either.

9 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Not me mate those years are well gone. I've been married for 22 years to an Isarn lady. We all know know the consequences these ladies resort to if they discover that their husband is an infidel.

I doubt that many Thai women would give a toss about you being an "infidel", they may care about your being unfaithful, though.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Being around the street isn't illegal and those girls are not having sex in full view of families and children.

Taking a girl to a hotel room for paid sex is not illegal in Thailand, either.

I don't understand your point. 

Are the girls inside massage parlours having sex doing it in full view of families and children?  So why are they cracking down on it, was my point.

Also, I thought paid sex (prostitution) was illegal in Thailand?  If it isn't illegal, as you say, then again, why are they cracking down on it?

Edited by CanadaSam
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, CanadaSam said:

I don't understand your point. 

Are the girls inside massage parlours having sex doing it in full view of families and children?  So why are they cracking down on it, was my point.

Also, I thought paid sex (prostitution) was illegal in Thailand?  If it isn't illegal, as you say, then again, why are they cracking down on it?

Paying for sex is not illegal in Thailand, but running a business where sex is sold on the premises (a "brothel") is.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Touching or massaging any part of the human body's skin can lead to sexual arousal, some parts of the skin more than others, and there are differences between persons.

Some years ago I read a social media post of a woman waxing euphorically about having an orgasm every time a particular masseur at a prestigious spa in the Italian Alps massaged the area above her coccyx.

A whole-body massage means the massage of the skin of the whole body, but the Minister of Public Health now wants to limit it to 99.99 of the skin, with him being the judge about what 0.01 percent must be left out.

11 hours ago, Mason45 said:

Are you not the guy with genital herpes?

• Haha 1

I have yet to have a massage in Thailand, of any flavor.

I just do not have the time for it.

Also, in my neighborhood, where my house is located, I have not seen any massage parlors.

What do they look like in my neck of the woods...ie....The Province of Chiang Mai, but not in center city.

Do they have any massage parlors nearby, I wonder?

I would like to have a massage in Thailand before I die.

16 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

So the gov't now wants to stop what's happening in private, hidden from the public, inside massage parlours?

No problem about the girls hanging around the streets in full view of families/children?

What's next, cameras inside hotel rooms to ensure tourists are not bringing paid girls to their rooms?

Bar girls will make a killing, LOL  . But to be honest, we have heard this song and dance for a long time. When they start to close the soapies, I think I will start to believe, LOL.

Had to laugh went to Patpong yesterday and they are actually advertising with signage about ping pong shows.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Celsius said:

Are you not the guy with genital herpes?

It dawned on me the other day that I did have a similar condition when I was in the military years ago. After Googling this medical condition it maybe a relapse as it appears it's in our blood forever.