Do You Have a Prenup Agreement?

Something to be wary of: The lawyer who drafted the prenup may be expected to attend the amphur with you when you get married otherwise it may not be accepted. I say maybe because this was the case at Pattaya amphur but as we know there is no consistency when it comes to rules being applied in this country.

This guy in the video is probably the highest paid divorce lawyer in USA, most clients are billionaires and movie stars. It's worth listening to him for 2 hours for free, as he answers many questions about relationships, prenups, marriage and divorce.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Banana7 said:

This guy in the video is probably the highest paid divorce lawyer in USA, most clients are billionaires and movie stars. It's worth listening to him for 2 hours for free, as he answers many questions about relationships, prenups, marriage and divorce.

If I'm not mistaken, after all the experience he's had as a divorce lawyer, he advises people not to get married.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

If I'm not mistaken, after all the experience he's had as a divorce lawyer, he advises people not to get married.

You're right.

It's so dangerous and costly to have relationships with women in countries like canada and USA. One business man in Ontario has to pay his girlfriend $50K per month, initially for life, but later on appeal it was reduced to 10 years. They never married, and never had children, and kept separate residences. You can google it, but here is one link : https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/no-home-or-kids-together-but-couple-still-spouses-appeal-court-rules

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't have one. If a foreigner marries a Pattaya / Bar Girl kind of woman, they should have one. My wife is different. She was a poor orphan working in a factory when we met. She helped me when I was going through hard times back then. Now we look after 25 cats together after 20+ years together. 

Edited by renaissanc
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Banana7 said:

One business man in Ontario has to pay his girlfriend $50K per month, initially for life, but later on appeal it was reduced to 10 years.

Canada is messed up. Always favors the women specially in custody cases even if the mother is a dredge of society. My friends ended up losing their shirts in divorce settlements. Couple of them were supporting their ex's boyfriends. Canada sucks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, renaissanc said:

I don't have one. If a foreigner marries a Pattaya / Bar Girl kind of woman, they should have one. My wife is different. She was a poor orphan working in a factory when we met. She helped me when I was going through hard times back then. Now we look after 25 cats together after 20+ years together. 

My wife was also a poor orphan, mum died when she was 8 dad when she was 12, when she left school, she also walked barefoot to and from school, taken in by a Lady who gave her work in her hair salon, who is now called Ma Ma,  'Married' aka lived with, a Muslim who she loved dearly, ( I've never met a Thai lady that loved their ex ) had 4 kids, 2 died then her Husband died from asthma. She is very strong character, with a strong work ethic now has her own shop not far from 'Our' small house on 1 rai, no pre-nup, she has told her remaining 2 kids now grow up, who also have a strong work ethic, that if she dies before me to let me live out my days in 'her' house to which they have agreed.  I get tearful just thinking about how life has been to her, yet she is happy. Have fun with cats mate glad it's not me. 0db35913b620e0c2c312ad4196785d3e.gif.13fe809371696b9b6ff9e1474fc2b656.gif

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dakhar said:

I had all $ in a bank outside of Thailand

She got all immoveable assets uncontested, but the $ outside of Thailand she had zero access to. I was told Thailand has no jurisdiction & couldn't force me to hand any over.

Therefore, she didn't get anything I had outside of Thailand.

so never bring her to your home country... mine got CITIZENSHIP after not even 3 years... equal rights, right?

No... Married a lovely woman who had a nice job in BKK.. She came to the USA, became a US Citizen.. We now split our time between our homes in US and Hua Hin.. Works great, never a worry about divorce or a money grab.. She has full access to all funds and NEVER abuses the privilege, manages her family perfectly.... Great LIfe!!!

14 hours ago, Banana7 said:

"...he answers many questions about relationships, prenups, marriage and divorce".

...under US law, not Thai law.

I have this on all accounts in the US;

"Payable on death (POD): This means an account has a beneficiary designated by the account owner."

I can name who ever I want to. No expenses. Fast payments. Can't be contested etc etc

On 8/6/2024 at 9:44 PM, Banana7 said:

Here is a video with one of best divorce lawyers in USA. He identifies many points and risks of marriage especially without a prenup agreement. Comments?

I have a prenup - my wife's mom told me she'd be a good wife for me. :wai: