Former Members of the Dissolved MFP Form New Political Group: The People's Party

5 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The supreme power belongs to the majority of Thai people, and encompasses the values of freedom, equality and fraternity.

There have been posters saying the new iteration of MFP should go easy on Section 112. I said they won't. I was wrong. This is much bigger.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The supreme power belongs to the majority of Thai people, and encompasses the values of freedom, equality and fraternity.

One day they'll wake up and fight for it.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, dantho said:

I 

I do hope that they will be allowed to stand as a party at the they neednext election and absolutely trounce the other parties. I just think they need to be careful regarding Section 112, tone that town until they are in power

Indeed, after two failed attempts they need to alter their approach a little.

This is the second time this popular party has been disbanded.If they are to make it third time lucky they should be more careful with pre election promises .Being sly and deceitful before an election  and then  U turn like Thaksin and his cronies might be the way to go in future.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Who appoints the members on the Constitutional Court and do the members ever change ?

They are probably left over from Prayuth's regime, as are the CC members.

Most likely nominated by the self elected senate.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, SABloke said:

What does this mean?

That's when the next election is due to be held.  If this government lasts that long.  (Failure to do so would likely delay the date of the next election, rather than bring it forward, as it would in a true democracy).

Not a big fan of the new name--I would have liked 'Move' or 'Forward' as part of the new party name--but I wish them all the best.  Like the logo and great they kept their signature orange.

• Thumbs Up 1