Marriage Visa - Proof of Income

This is for Australian Retirees.
Seeing how the Australian Embassy does not provide proof of income, in this case the age pension, how do you prove proof of income for the "Marriage" Visa, yes I know, "Non Immigrant O."

All helpful replies welcomed.
Regards

Which is your immigration office?

In addition, please clarify whether you are actually referring to an annual extension of stay for marriage, or to the conversion of a recent visa-exempt or tourist visa entry into a real genuine McCoy 90-day non-immigrant visa of the "O" variety for marriage at your local immigration office, as set out in the following link:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

You put 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for the year extension at your immigration office

Literally 10 days ago at Chaeng Watthana:

transferred 400k baht 6 months ago. While I was in the toilet my wife picked up passport and got a lecture (friendly remiinder)  that money in the bank should be put in the bank 2 months before the application or my application will not be approved next year.

I went home and thought aboout it for a long time and why would they say something stupid like that?

Then I noticed the bank letter had a 3 month statement instead of 2. 

Could this have been a problem?

• Confused 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

Which is your immigration office?

In addition, please clarify whether you are actually referring to an annual extension of stay for marriage, or to the conversion of a recent visa-exempt or tourist visa entry into a real genuine McCoy 90-day non-immigrant visa of the "O" variety for marriage at your local immigration office, as set out in the following link:

https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/6.FOR-PROVIDING-SUPPORT-TO-OR-BEING-A-DEPENDANT-OF-A-THAI-CITIZEN-SPOUSE-VISA-NON-O.pdf

it will be a conversion of a tourist visa to the marriage visa

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Umm the Auzzie embassy here in thailand hasn't provided the stat dec for income from abroad since Dec 2018 😮 so this is not a new issue (although it might be new for you)

You put 400K baht in a thai bank account in your name only for 2 months before you apply for the year extension at your immigration office

Some offices won't even accept 40K baht by monthly income for marriage visa/extensions anymore unless you get that money by legally working inside thailand 

So
even transferring in 40K baht a month each month every month for the previous year won't get you a visa/extension at some offices anymore

Todd, for the 400K to be in the bank two months before submitting the application for the extension of stay, does Immigration go by calendar months or calendar days?  For example:  I show up at Immigration on April 17th and I count back 60 days to Feb 17th and deposit my money on that date. Or, I show up on April 17th and need to have deposited my 400K sometime in January. 

2 hours ago, fittobethaied said:

Todd, for the 400K to be in the bank two months before submitting the application for the extension of stay, does Immigration go by calendar months or calendar days?

2 MONTHS date to date before you apply for the extension    (except for the month of Feb when they add 2 days 😮)
So if you show up April 17th to apply for an extension you needed to have the money in the bank before Feb 15th

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

Australian bank... or Thai bank

You go to your Thai bank and tell them you require a bank statement for immigration, they will provide a letter to the affect stating that you have had the said 400k baht in the account since, usually 2 months, if not more, I usually have funds in there at least a year old, so it doesn't have to be exactly 2 months, it can be more.

They will also provide you with a bank statement for 2 months, sometimes more, and will charge you usually 200 baht, the process usually takes 45 minutes every year because they have to refer to a bank manual and ask other staff....LOL

Make sure you have all your other paperwork, because if you think Ozstralia was a bureaucracy, you ain't seen nothing yet, and dress up, no singlet and thongs and keep your cool, with that great Ozzie smile, because they hate doing marriage extensions because externally the bulk paperwork gets checked, suffice to say they want to push the retirement extension because it's done inhouse, so watch out for them picking on you and wanting more stuff, happens to me every year, but I'm prepared with extra stuff on hand.

If it's your 1st, good luck and expect a house visit, they might ask the Mrs for some tea money, so watch out for that one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Celsius said:

Literally 10 days ago at Chaeng Watthana:

transferred 400k baht 6 months ago. While I was in the toilet my wife picked up passport and got a lecture (friendly remiinder)  that money in the bank should be put in the bank 2 months before the application or my application will not be approved next year.

I went home and thought aboout it for a long time and why would they say something stupid like that?

Then I noticed the bank letter had a 3 month statement instead of 2. 

Could this have been a problem?

I can't see why it would be, as long as the money has been there for at least two months the requirement has been satisfied surely ?  it   maybe some sort of misunderstanding  between your missis  and the IO.   What would be their (official)  reason for denying your application?

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

You go to your Thai bank and tell them you require a bank statement for immigration, they will provide a letter to the affect stating that you have had the said 400k baht in the account since, usually 2 months, if not more...

The "bank letter" does not do that.

It confirms that you are the owner of the account and balance at time of issue.

The "bank statement" shows funds in the account balances. 

Some offices will accept photocopies of bank book pages +bank book to show seasoning requirements have been met. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I can't see why it would be, as long as the money has been there for at least two months the requirement has been satisfied surely ?  it   maybe some sort of misunderstanding  between your missis  and the IO.   What would be their (official)  reason for denying your application?

I wasn't denied the application.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

I wasn't denied the application.

I gathered that, i was referring to them threatening not to approve your next application,  on what basis ? "over seasoned funds"?   never heard of that one 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

I gathered that, i was referring to them threatening not to approve your next application,  on what basis ? "over seasoned funds"?   never heard of that one 

Would imagine it was just the official explaining that the money needs to be there 2 months before each/every yearly application,,,,ie not a one off occurrence . Most wives/girlfriends have little experience of these matters 😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

You go to your Thai bank and tell them you require a bank statement for immigration, they will provide a letter to the affect stating that you have had the said 400k baht in the account since, usually 2 months, if not more, I usually have funds in there at least a year old, so it doesn't have to be exactly 2 months, it can be more.

They will also provide you with a bank statement for 2 months, sometimes more, and will charge you usually 200 baht, the process usually takes 45 minutes every year because they have to refer to a bank manual and ask other staff....LOL

Make sure you have all your other paperwork, because if you think Ozstralia was a bureaucracy, you ain't seen nothing yet, and dress up, no singlet and thongs and keep your cool, with that great Ozzie smile, because they hate doing marriage extensions because externally the bulk paperwork gets checked, suffice to say they want to push the retirement extension because it's done inhouse, so watch out for them picking on you and wanting more stuff, happens to me every year, but I'm prepared with extra stuff on hand.

If it's your 1st, good luck and expect a house visit, they might ask the Mrs for some tea money, so watch out for that one.

thanks for the reply, but I was more concerned on confirming my income, from the Australian Age Pension.

20 hours ago, Aussie999 said:

it will be a conversion of a tourist visa to the marriage visa

Visa exempt entries are now 60 days, forget the TV application.

You'll apply for the Non Imm O based on Thai spouse.
The financial requirement is 400,000 THB deposited in a Thai bank account in your sole name on the day of application.

You can download the full requirements from this link - Item 6.

https://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/issuing-and-changing-type-of-visa/

1 hour ago, Aussie999 said:

thanks for the reply, but I was more concerned on confirming my income, from the Australian Age Pension.

The only acceptable method using income for the Non Imm O from Immigration is an Embassy Income letter.

You can only use the income method to obtain the Non Imm O from a Thai Embassy/Consulate before entering Thailand.

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/visa/non-immigrant-o

Staying with Family Visas

To stay with non-Thai family residing in Thailand (more than 60 days)

To stay with Thai family residing in Thailand (more than 60 days)

Required Document
(Please check relevant embassy/
consulate's website for specifically
required documents)
  1. Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document
  2. Photograph taken within the last six months
  3. Document indicating current location
  4. Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 40,000 THB or having the current balance of 400,000 THB, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings
  5. Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand
  6. Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. A copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

7 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Bank statement and PDF downloads of Wise transfers.

Not for the Non Imm O from Immigration.

Only Embassy Income letters or 400K deposited in a Thai bank permitted.

OP is Australian - no Embassy Income letters.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Confused 4
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

The only acceptable method using income for the Non Imm O from Immigration is an Embassy Income letter.

You can only use the income method to obtain the Non Imm O from a Thai Embassy/Consulate before entering Thailand.

https://www.thaievisa.go.th/visa/non-immigrant-o

Staying with Family Visas

To stay with non-Thai family residing in Thailand (more than 60 days)

To stay with Thai family residing in Thailand (more than 60 days)

Required Document
(Please check relevant embassy/
consulate's website for specifically
required documents)
  1. Biodata page of Passport or Travel Document
  2. Photograph taken within the last six months
  3. Document indicating current location
  4. Financial evidence showing monthly income of no less than 40,000 THB or having the current balance of 400,000 THB, e.g. bank statements, proof of earnings
  5. Personal details of a family in Thailand, e.g. ID card, Passport and the visa page or stay permit in Thailand
  6. Proof of relationship to a family in Thailand, e.g. A copy of marriage certificate / birth certificate / certificate of adoption

Thanks for your reply
As I stated, the Australian Embassy does not provide proof of income, from memory this is since 2019.
I was also under the impression I can convert a tourist vist to the Non Immigrant “O” visa, while in Thailand.
it is possible I have misunderstood the Immigration website, I'm sure someone will tell me..555

Guys, I have sent an email to Thai immigration, seeking their advise, will post any feedback I get... Yes, I know, every Immi office interprets things their way, not necessarily the same way as head office.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

I was also under the impression I can convert a tourist vist to the Non Immigrant “O” visa, while in Thailand.

No problem.

You can even obtain a non O based on marriage or retirement from a visa exempt entry.

This attached thread outlines the process

https://aseannow.com/topic/1315379-tourist-visa-conversion-to-non-o-thai-family/

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Thanks for your reply
As I stated, the Australian Embassy does not provide proof of income, from memory this is since 2019.
it is possible I have misunderstood the Immigration website, I'm sure someone will tell me..555

Did you open the link I gave you for Immigrations requirements to change Immigration status to Non Imm O at an Immigration office.

A clip from that PDF regarding financial requirements for the Non Imm O. (Item 7).

VE-TV-NonOThaispouseP3..png.08efa31224a13169bf7151c280ac5d15.png

2 minutes ago, Aussie999 said:

Guys, I have sent an email to Thai immigration, seeking their advise, will post any feedback I get... Yes, I know, every Immi office interprets things their way, not necessarily the same way as head office.

OP, unfortunately, you're being given some wrong and misleading advice regarding applying for the Non Imm O from an Immigration office in Thailand.

Immigration only accept proof of income for the Non O in the form of an Embassy income letter. They do not accept proof of monthly overseas transfer to a Thai bank for the Non Imm O (not to be confused with applying for the 1 year exteension).

It's either an Embassy Income letter as proof of income, or 400K THB deposited in a Thai bank.

As previously stated and link supplied, you can apply for the Non Imm O from a Thai Embassy/Consulate though using proof of income.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

No problem.

You can even obtain a non O based on marriage or retirement from a visa exempt entry.

This attached thread outlines the process

https://aseannow.com/topic/1315379-tourist-visa-conversion-to-non-o-thai-family/

It is a problem Jack.

The OP wants to use the income method for the Non O at Immigration.
He's Australian, no Embassy Income letter, and Immigration do not accept proof of income in the form of monthly overseas transfers for the Non O.

1 minute ago, Liquorice said:

The OP wants to use the income method for the Non O at Immigration

Indeed as pointed out earlier he will need to use funds in the bank for the non O and 12 month extension.

He could at the same time start monthly transfers and possibly change to income method in future years having shown 12 months of transfers

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

Did you open the link I gave you for Immigrations requirements to change Immigration status to Non Imm O at an Immigration office.

A clip from that PDF regarding financial requirements for the Non Imm O. (Item 7).

VE-TV-NonOThaispouseP3..png.08efa31224a13169bf7151c280ac5d15.png

OP, unfortunately, you're being given some wrong and misleading advice regarding applying for the Non Imm O from an Immigration office in Thailand.

Immigration only accept proof of income for the Non O in the form of an Embassy income letter. They do not accept proof of monthly overseas transfer to a Thai bank for the Non Imm O (not to be confused with applying for the 1 year exteension).

It's either an Embassy Income letter as proof of income, or 400K THB deposited in a Thai bank.

As previously stated and link supplied, you can apply for the Non Imm O from a Thai Embassy/Consulate though using proof of income.

I did read the PDF.. 7.1 is where I have a problem.