Pattaya Officials Continue Crackdown on Vagrants to Protect City Image

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya City officials have continued their efforts to apprehend vagrants who negatively impact the city’s image as a tourist destination, following the directives of Pattaya City Mayor, Mr. Poramase Ngampichet.

In the morning on August 24th, 2024, officials from the city’s Special Affairs Department received a report from concerned citizens about two vagrants soliciting money from passersby in front of a convenience store on Third Road in North Pattaya. The officials immediately went to the scene to meet the two.

Upon arrival, officials found an unidentified homeless woman, approximately 40-50 years old, along with her 8-year-old son. The woman claimed that she had previously been married to a Scottish man who sent her monthly financial support. However, after losing her ATM card, she no longer had access to the funds to support herself and her son. The authorities arranged for her and her son to be processed with the local homeless center according to the regulations.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-08-26

Cigna Banner (500x100) (1).png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 2baht said:

The pristine image is at risk here! Please don't let the immaculate family resort  decline to a dive with mainly whores, beggars and drunks......PLEASE!!!

It's okay, they can use the Grand Hotel as a hostel.  Only by the hour mind you...

Snip20240826_1.png

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about the well knows thieves on the beach road? 

They might get their batons pinched...................................................:coffee1::giggle:

Edited by brianthainess

Most probable is that it never existed any account, Scottish man or sent money. Second, if you lose an ATM card, you can get a new, or go in to bank with only your ID card to get both new passbook and ATM. At last, if fake story or true, doesn´t matter. If have no money, have to find work.

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

The pristine image is at risk here! Please don't let the immaculate family resort  decline to a dive with mainly whores, beggars and drunks......PLEASE!!!

Agree. If I wanted that, I would have stayed back in me home city

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How about the well knows thieves on the beach road? 

Or the "security guards" throughout the entertainment areas????

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya City officials have continued their efforts to apprehend vagrants who negatively impact the city’s image as a tourist destination,

I love Pattaya, but claiming it has a reputation to protect is taking the michael, unless they mean the hooker paradise reputation.

25 minutes ago, petermik said:

Or the "security guards" throughout the entertainment areas????

Personally, I have no issues with those guards. As far as I know, they make sure that not too many problems happen. Sometimes there are a little rough, but at least the bad guys get the message: Behave, or else.

18 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I love Pattaya, but claiming it has a reputation to protect is taking the michael, unless they mean the hooker paradise reputation.

Their delusion is boundless.....but they said it, so it must be true!