Swiss man in Phuket acquitted of assaulting doctor

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Yes, but it did not show him making any kind of physical contact with her.

thanks - for some reason I thought there was a self incriminating video that show him making the assault - though I may have had my wires crossed with another (different) assault by a Swiss-man at the time... 

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

thanks - for some reason I thought there was a self incriminating video that show him making the assault - though I may have had my wires crossed with another (different) assault by a Swiss-man at the time... 

Possibly this one ...

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ben Zioner said:

Great news, he can sue for damages now.

Defamation - he's been defamed and demonised by the entire press, TV stations and plenty of this forum members.

Now he's confirmed not guilty he has a definite case.

Expect it to all be deleted very quickly or his lawyers will be very busy in the coming months.

Anutin also announced that he will cancel his visa so maybe he can sue him as well 🤣

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Court Dismisses Case Against Swiss Man Accused of Assaulting Doctor

resize_2012.webp

Picture courtesy: Thai Rath

A Thai court has dismissed charges against Urs Fehr, a 45-year-old Swiss national, who was accused of kicking Dr. Thandao Chandam, a local physician, at Cape Yamu beach, Phuket. The incident allegedly took place in February, but the court has now exonerated Fehr due to insufficient evidence.

Dr. Thandao, associated with Dibuk Hospital, claimed that Fehr had kicked her while she was sitting on stairs, admiring the moon on the night of 24th February. Following her complaint, Fehr's visa was revoked on March 5th.

The acting governor, Sattha Thongkham, took swift action by instructing the Phuket Immigration Police to cancel his visa. This directive was carried out the following day by Pol. Maj. Gen. Songprot Sirisukha, commander of Immigration Police Bureau 6.

Despite these actions, the court offered the defendant the benefit of the doubt, leading to the dismissal of the charges. Dr. Thandao declined to provide any public comments following the court's decision.

Fehr has been pushing back against his visa cancellation. He appointed a representative to appeal to the Immigration Police Review Committee, seeking to have the revocation overturned. However, the outcome of this appeal remains uncertain.

This case has garnered significant local and international attention, highlighting the complexities and challenges in cross-cultural legal incidents.

The swift and decisive actions taken by local authorities underscore the seriousness with which such allegations are treated, yet the court's ruling reminds us of the importance of maintaining a fair judicial process.

As proceedings unfold, the implications for both Fehr and Dr. Thandao are yet to be fully realised, but this decision marks a significant turn in a case that has been closely watched by many.

news-logo-btm.jpg

-- 2024-09-04

news-footer-4.png

Get the ASEAN NOW daily NEWSLETTER - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You could well be right, you could also well be wrong, either way, he was not convicted.  I doubt that there was money involved as the doctor's father has said that she was upset by the ruling, something that she's not likely to say if she had been compensated.

No,

but the court could certainly have been ' compensated '

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, stevenl said:

If money was involved in this stage it would have gone to the courts. For the doctor to drop charges because of a payment that would have been done months ago.

Yes,

absolutely, as I have stated elsewhere.

And not only the courts, there will be prosecutors and others on the gravy train.

Edited by Scouse123

10 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"...folding stuff would have most certainly been involved".

Why, rationally?  There was no evidence of a kick, just her word against his, hence the benefit of the doubt given to him.

I agree, didn't look like he kicked her from the video... she just got up and walked away... I saw no kicking.  

• Thanks 1