Chinese man calls Thai women prostitutes sparking online outrage

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

COVER-PIC-8-1.png

Two Thai women shared their experience of being insulted by a Chinese national who called them prostitutes on TikTok. A well-known American teacher and many netizens condemned the incident.

One of the victims, Pinyada Nantakhamee, posted a video on her TikTok account, @made_moji, on Monday, September 23, in which she tearfully recounted the unpleasant experience during her trip to China. In the video, Pinyada was heard saying…

“I’m crying, everyone. I can’t believe this happened. I didn’t expect my trip to China would result in this. At first, I didn’t know what the Chinese national was saying, but a guide told me. The person said, ‘Thailand is the land of prostitution.’ It’s such a hurtful insult.”

Pinyada also revealed that the Chinese person loudly called her and her friend prostitutes, and other Chinese people around them found it amusing, laughing at them.

Many of her followers expressed support and encouragement, while others strongly criticised the behaviour of the Chinese national. Some even suggested that Pinyada should have responded with Thai insults and laughed louder, claiming that Chinese nationals back down when confronted more aggressively.

“Does China not have prostitutes?”

“I live in China, and there are sex workers everywhere.”

“Save your money for domestic travel. Don’t go to countries where you’ll be insulted.”

“Don’t cry, you’re not what they said.”

In the comment section, Pinyada mentioned that she took a photo of the Chinese person who insulted her and her friend. Many netizens urged her to share the image publicly but as of now, she has not done so.

A well-known American teacher David William, also created a video offering his support to Pinyada and her friend. He condemned the Chinese person.

“People who insult and stereotype others are ignorant.”

In his video, William shared a personal experience in Italy where a local made sweeping generalisations about Asian countries, saying he had no interest in visiting Asia because all the people, culture, and food are the same.

William said this led to a heated argument and he urged the person to stop stereotyping. He advised Thai nationals facing similar situations to stand up for themselves rather than staying silent.

By Petch Petpailin

Photo via TikTok/ @mede_moji

Source: The Thaiger

-- 2024-09-26

news-footer-3.png

image.png

Chinese person was rude.  You meet them in all countries.  She had bad luck.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Some even suggested that Pinyada should have responded with Thai insults and laughed louder, claiming that Chinese nationals back down when confronted more aggressively.

Unless you're Japanese. Then, they kill you.

• Haha 1

Where in China? What was she wearing, appropriate for the venue/area? I mean we have seen foreigners here sunbathing in certain areas, and they were roasted as well. I'd be willing to bet there is way more to this story, but I'm not going to take one side of it.

I hear plenty of farang guys refer to Thai women as whores all the time.  But a Chinese guy says that?  "Grrrrrrr!!!  Bad Chinese!"  😁

That's rich.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Who?

That is amusing.

I just did a search on the internet looking for the name John Drake and whilst there are a fair number of people using the name John Drake, none of them appear to be you.

So John Drake. Who?

Even if it´s rude to say:

4 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The person said, ‘Thailand is the land of prostitution.’ It’s such a hurtful insult.”

The person is somehow right, and did actually not call Thai women prostitutes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Horrific.  Thai people would never stereotype and insult foreign people en masse...  🙄

Hey how dare you tarnish the good clean family name of Thailand. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Even if it´s rude to say:

The person is somehow right, and did actually not call Thai women prostitutes.

Shirley, you're misteaken.

The Thai authorities do regular inspections of Pattaya and always declare their jurisdiction to be free of prostitution.

And gambling.

And drugs.

And corruption.

And........

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

Shirley, you're misteaken.

The Thai authorities do regular inspections of Pattaya and always declare their jurisdiction to be free of prostitution.

And gambling.

And drugs.

And corruption.

And........

Oh !!! How could I miss that? You are soo right! 😉 

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

“I live in China, and there are sex workers everywhere.”

-

The Chinese were the ones that brought organized prostitution to Viet Nam in the early 19th century along with their opium dens. Throughout SE Asia, the Chinese established brothels with women mainly from southern China catered for the Chinese diaspora.