Thailand’s Winter Expected to Start 29 October, Colder Than Last Year

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has announced that the 2024 winter season is set to begin on 29 October 2024 and is expected to last until late February 2025

So about same as last year then 😋

1 hour ago, webfact said:

According to Dr. Sukanyaniyawinyacharn

lol 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

winter  is coming or cold season, that is not cold at all anymore  for years.

I don't know where you're living but I can tell you excep from last year it was very cold in the morning 12 degree C inside the house. Northern parts of Thailand.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, garygooner said:

Love it. Bring it on. But I'm still wearing short sleeves while the Thais are in jackets and scarves. 

Same here, I spent my whole life in New England (USA), I prefer the cold, or at least cooler than the blast furnace here in Thailand. My Ideal every day temp would be 60 degrees Fahrenheit.

Edited by lordgrinz
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

Thailand’s Meteorological Department has announced that the 2024 winter season is set to begin on 29 October 2024 and is expected to last until late February 2025. This season is anticipated to be colder than last year, with December 2024 to January 2025 marking the coldest period.

Best get a pair of socks out in readiness... last years minimum here was 19Cat night

1 minute ago, lordgrinz said:

Not for me, my uncovered feet will be dangled out the bottom of my blanket chilling in the breeze 😉 

Not for me, no blanket or duvet.... just the socks,something else chilling in the breeze.

6 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

What a news..... winter  is coming or cold season, that is not cold at all anymore  for years...the next news item will be that the hot season  or summer starts in March

Yea ,then global warming be back again.   :cheesy:

• Haha 1

It's been almost chilly down here / PKK.  Went from AC at night, to fan at night, to now no fan & using quilt/blanket.  And it's not even November yet :coffee1:

Damn MMCC & GW ... :cheesy:

4 hours ago, watchcat said:

I don't know where you're living but I can tell you excep from last year it was very cold in the morning 12 degree C inside the house. Northern parts of Thailand.

I am living in Phetchaburi province and the last years we used the airco every day instead of several years ago

48 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I am living in Phetchaburi province and the last years we used the airco every day instead of several years ago

Same in Pattaya for the past 2 years or so, unusually warm during the "winter."