List Of Favourite Restaurants In Phuket

donna

Just had the best fish 'n' chips I've ever had on the island.

Large piece of grouper fillet covered in a crispy beer batter. Real lemon wedges (not manow). A real salad that can be eaten, rather than looked at.

Tartar sauce, malt vinegar and an orange slice as garnish. Chips were ordinary, though well cooked.

All for 150 Bt at DILLIGAF Bar in Rawai from 06:00 PM to 10:00 PM every day.

I won't be going anywhere else for my fish 'n' chips, now.

• Like 2

Just in case, like me, you went to this bar a year, or two ago and gave it the flick, the place is under new management and has been for about six months.

The owner is a very good mein-host and has a "buy two, get one free policy".

He also has ribs, which I haven't tried.

Just in case, like me, you went to this bar a year, or two ago and gave it the flick, the place is under new management and has been for about six months.

The owner is a very good mein-host and has a "buy two, get one free policy".

He also has ribs, which I haven't tried.

In case any of you are wondering Dilligaf comes from Kevin Bloody Wilson & means "do I look like I give a f....k" but it seems they do care about their fish n chips. Pity they are not open during the day.

I think that burger joint is a som tam shack that does burgers - can't remember specifically, but drive that road nearly every day. I am also thinking that the BBQ buffet is no longer there but don't quote me on that.

I am looking for some nice Christmas Brunch and Dinners for the 25th. Looking for some more upscale places to splurge for 2 people. I read about Indigo Pearl and Hilton Arcadia. Any ideas? Or are these the best options? Probably need to reserve right away if it's not too late.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

This lunch time we discovered the Pan Bistro in Chern Talay, past the Villa Market, other side of the road, halfway up to the junction/police station. Looks like a new building, very clean, nice servers, quite busy. Mid range pricing. I enjoyed my lunch of fettuccine alfredo with mussels so much I just wanted to give them a shout out, only 190 baht, a real bargain and value for money. My wife had the Thai menu of rice and mussels for 120 baht. I should have taken a photo before eating as my dish had a lovely presentation. We will be back ...

• Like 1

Any news on Adam Kebab? I went to have a look today at lunch time and was deserted - also looked like a dump to me.

Imo it always looks like a dump, but it is good for take aways. It was open last friday evening.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Any news on Adam Kebab? I went to have a look today at lunch time and was deserted - also looked like a dump to me.

Imo it always looks like a dump, but it is good for take aways. It was open last friday evening.

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

i was there last week, only had kebab on the menu nothing else, a couple of tragic looking people was drinking there.. looked worse then ever..

• 2 weeks later...

Just field tested the cheese burger at Lucky13 in Rawai.....

Very Good loaded with extras bacon salsa homemade mayo and fries...

Kinda expensive at 290 baht but was fresh beef and tasted great I will be back

nice clean place sad to see I was the only customer at lunchtime

Give it a try

Just field tested the cheese burger at Lucky13 in Rawai.....

Very Good loaded with extras bacon salsa homemade mayo and fries...

Kinda expensive at 290 baht but was fresh beef and tasted great I will be back

nice clean place sad to see I was the only customer at lunchtime

Give it a try

Lucky 13 is great - I frequently get sandwiches from there. Will stop in and give the burger a go.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A very pleasant way to spend a lunchtime is at Peang Prai, close to Bang Pae waterfall (dry at the moment), and the Gibbon Rehabilitation Centre. Good food in scenic and tranquil (apart from the Gibbon's screaming in the hillside!) surroundings. Worth travelling for.

post-62520-0-32916900-1392260664_thumb.j

post-62520-0-43700500-1392260682_thumb.j

post-62520-0-00958900-1392260713_thumb.j

post-62520-0-92661100-1392260771_thumb.j

• Like 2

eXo wine bar in Rawai near the museum ,

Called in a few nights ago with some friends , Italian owned with a French Chef I beleive.

Marco the owner was very attentive and seemed like a genuinely nice person.

Prices are ok , and the tapas were good .

Actually had some fresh made pasta for the first time in years , forgot just how much better it is vs premade.

• Like 1