Rain

gotlost

YTD totals... YTD rain fall 740 mm. YTD average 753.5 mm. We are only 13.5 mm behind but it is taken some flooding to do it. We are receiving a heavy than normal monsoon rain according to www.tmd.go.th. Hope the reservoirs are getting this.

Edited by gotlost

Just drove the back roads from Maejo to Doi Saket. The amount of ruin off I saw going into the main irrigation canal that comes from Kuang Reservoir was on real. Like I said on another post this morning we have gone above are YTD rainfall average finally 777.1 mm YTD and average is 761.4 mm rain.

Kuang reservoir yesterday. Not full by a long way, but seems higher than I remember a few years ago at the end of wet season.

Good to hear the reservoirs are filling up. At this time of year they should be looking like this...

Mae_Kuang_reservoir_2_001.jpg

Or by January they will be looking like this..

Oh_in_the_long_tail.jpg

Just drove the back roads from Maejo to Doi Saket. The amount of ruin off I saw going into the main irrigation canal that comes from Kuang Reservoir was on real. Like I said on another post this morning we have gone above are YTD rainfall average finally 777.1 mm YTD and average is 761.4 mm rain.

Kuang River is pretty high, south of Hwy1317

• 2 weeks later...

The monsoon rains have been heavier than normal and we still have September to go threw.

And the Jungles are just loving it. Honestly, I've never seen so much water or such lush vegetation so early on. Usually, the forests have completely filled out by mid November, but any thicker than this, and I'll be battling my way through those jungle paths with a bloody machete at this rate. That's if the snakes don't get to me first, or some starved big cat escaped from the neighbouring zoo :(

Still, i think this is nothing to the rainy season of 6 years ago (the year i arrived), where there were reports of entire roads being cut off, burst river banks, and flooded residential areas where all kinds of stuff was being washed away in the process.

Aitch

As people are sliding around in their cars and on their bikes today its been I thank about 7 days since we have had any rain and the totals from www.tmd.go.th/en show it. We are back in the negative department. YTD 798.2 mm and should have YTD 829.6 mm - 31.74 mm.

You'd expect to be below average 50% of the time. You'd be above the other half. It's an average, not a goods-issue target for God. ;)

The monsoon rains have been heavier than normal and we still have September to go threw.

And the Jungles are just loving it. Honestly, I've never seen so much water or such lush vegetation so early on. Usually, the forests have completely filled out by mid November, but any thicker than this, and I'll be battling my way through those jungle paths with a bloody machete at this rate. That's if the snakes don't get to me first, or some starved big cat escaped from the neighbouring zoo :(

Still, i think this is nothing to the rainy season of 6 years ago (the year i arrived), where there were reports of entire roads being cut off, burst river banks, and flooded residential areas where all kinds of stuff was being washed away in the process.

Aitch

I'm with you on this one DA. Now 5 years ago THAT WAS RAIN. The 4 heaviest months of the year are

July 160.8 mm

August 236.8 mm

September 227.6 mm

October 121.9 mm

Then winter. If we don't get rain now, the chances are slim to none and the drought continues.

800 replies, 17,000 views! i know some of you lads are from england where you dont know what the weather will be from one minute to the next, but here in thailand its pretty easy. just the three seasons cool season, hot season and rainy season. in the cool season it doesnt rain and its not so hot, the hot season is bloody hot, and the in the rainy season it pisses it down . sorted. subject closed.

• Like 1

800 replies, 17,000 views! i know some of you lads are from england where you dont know what the weather will be from one minute to the next, but here in thailand its pretty easy. just the three seasons cool season, hot season and rainy season. in the cool season it doesnt rain and its not so hot, the hot season is bloody hot, and the in the rainy season it pisses it down . sorted. subject closed.

Your dreaming. Not on this forum. OPEN.:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

There definitely has been more rain in the hills than has been reported by TMD. Just came in form the back way from Doi Saket off of the DS BS Road and the locals are sandbagging the levees as the run off has them jumping over the levees and starting to flood some rice fields and homes. The are is behind the Doi Saket hospital which is on the 118.

Edited by gotlost

• 2 weeks later...

I need to see the level in Kuang Res. The farmers around me have been getting in their 2nd crop but this past year it was with their wells. At least 50% of the land was not planted. Depending on the water usage and temperature this could be another bad year coming up. Hope Not.

Where I live, Saraphi not far from Ping river, I can see often the rainshowers go to Doi Saket and/or come from Doi Suthep. 90% or so go around us and I can use some rain. Now it didn't seriously rain for more than a week. A very little bit one night. Also many times thunder nearby but only incidentally here. I have to give the fruit trees water already for three days now.

Just now i wrote this, a hudge cloud is coming up from the south but it split up already...

Edited by Joop50

Just now i wrote this, a hudge cloud is coming up from the south but it split up already...

Being South near Hang Dong, we just started getting a downpour so maybe it will make it your way. A week or two ago, I was driving from work on the canal road and a major downpour started, about 500 meters it was gone. Very targeted rain. :D

Being South near Hang Dong, we just started getting a downpour so maybe it will make it your way. A week or two ago, I was driving from work on the canal road and a major downpour started, about 500 meters it was gone. Very targeted rain. :D

Finaly it rained 10 minutes quit hard and about 15 minutes just so on with sunshine. I am happy with it, don't have to water the grass. But the most goes to Doi Saket another shower went direction airport.