Kawasaki Ninja Zx6r Coming To Thailand This Year?!

BigBikeBKK

^ We are talking 600cc & 1000cc Superbikes. Hence ZX6R thread.

Not oversize scooters & lardy cruisers. :)

didnt know Z1000 was a oversize scooter or a lardy cruiser :D

where does your tiger with 2 up fit in? its a ZX6R thread

Tiger was an example.

You don't own a Z1000. You merely have a wish for one.

Real world scenario need only apply. :D

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway I really hope that the rumors of the Kawasaki ZX-6R coming to Thailand are correct. Also the picture in earlier postings are incorrect... The color and fairing should look like this for 2010.

The-new-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R_Revving-it_1.jpegThe-new-Kawasaki-Ninja-ZX-6R_Revving-it_2.jpeg

That's what I saw at the local Kwaka dealer on Saturday morning. The guy had just washed it and it was running. I said to him "To bloody quiet mate!".

He then went on to show me the special valves that are in the mufflers that open at higher revs. Apparently the system is worth a few extra kilowatts and the bike will pass the stationary and driveby EPA tests.

Not confusing the ZX10 ?? Otherwise thats the first sighting thats actually reported.

Cant remember if anyones asked / commented..

But is it stated if it will be a full power or restricted version ??

Unfortunately it will be restricted... :)

To de-restrict will require a new ECU, Throttle Bodies, and Exhaust...

And then invalidate the appealing warranty I assume ??

BTW a bit OT but as Kwaker themselves push the replacement ECU on customers for the D-Tracker KLX models.. Do they then let the warranty stand ?? Was wondering that the other day.

BTW a bit OT but as Kwaker themselves push the replacement ECU on customers for the D-Tracker KLX models.. Do they then let the warranty stand ?? Was wondering that the other day.

Need to ask what does the warranty cover??

Non-wear parts.

Non-performance enhancement parts.

Anyhooter, try the Triumph 675! <deleted> awesome to ride. Don't think my old ZX6R 636 gave me the same sensation.

Non-wear parts.

Anyhooter, try the Triumph 675! <deleted> awesome to ride. Don't think my old ZX6R 636 gave me the same sensation.

I've heard many good things about the Daytona 675 but that price tag of 670,000 Baht is a bit hard to swallow so I'm going to wait and see that the ZX6r goes for. Keeping my fingers crossed for a price in the 500-550k range. If it's more than that, then might make sense to spend a bit more for the full power Daytona. Ride On!

Non-wear parts.

I've heard many good things about the Daytona 675 but that price tag of 670,000 Baht is a bit hard to swallow so I'm going to wait and see that the ZX6r goes for. Keeping my fingers crossed for a price in the 500-550k range. If it's more than that, then might make sense to spend a bit more for the full power Daytona. Ride On!

thai emision makes kwaker replace ecu and stuff to pass, while Triumph sells a fullpower bike. has anyone seen a book for this triumph? would like to see if they are homoleg or single emission registered

Well I would consider the street triple! TB615,000. The Daytona is TB675,000.

Since the ZX6R will be restricted.

I will have so much fun spanking the Kwakers with the Triple! LOL

The Street Triple is a beauty, but as you commented before, touring on a naked bike is not very comfortable... Been there done that on the ER6n :)

With the price difference between the two as small as it is I'd choose the Daytona over the Street Triple any day. (Also, doesn't the Daytona have a slipper clutch while the Street Triple does not?)

Sure you'll have no problem spanking restricted ZX6r's but a full power ZX6r with Big Piston forks, 118Hp and slipper clutch? Let the games begin!!! :D

I got a 2004 ZX6R 636 , how can i tell if it is restricted? maybe a silly question but I have nothing to reference it to

Well, this whole business about restricting bikes is a pretty recent phenomenon here in Thailand and apparently driven by the strict emissions standards here for new bikes... (Yeah, I know how silly that sounds... :) ) Very unlikely your 2004 ZX6R would have any kind of restriction, unless you bought it from Japan where they've had horsepower restrictions imposed there for many years... Understand the same to be true in Malaysia as well. Where did you get your bike? If you're still unsure you can go do a Dyno run at Dirtshop for only 600 Baht and check the results against other standard ZX6R 636s :D

Ride On!

Well I would consider the street triple! TB615,000. The Daytona is TB675,000.

Since the ZX6R will be restricted.

I will have so much fun spanking the Kwakers with the Triple! LOL

The Street Triple is a beauty, but as you commented before, touring on a naked bike is not very comfortable... Been there done that on the ER6n :)

With the price difference between the two as small as it is I'd choose the Daytona over the Street Triple any day. (Also, doesn't the Daytona have a slipper clutch while the Street Triple does not?)

Sure you'll have no problem spanking restricted ZX6r's but a full power ZX6r with Big Piston forks, 118Hp and slipper clutch? Let the games begin!!! :D

Yeah bring it on!

You on the ZX6R.

I on the Street Triple. (mebbe "R" version)

Let see who has the biggest grin! :D:D

^or perhaps an old thai grandmother round the pair of you up on her honda wave 110. :)

How is the cardboard Desmo cut-out coming along? Have you mastered the vroom vroom noises yet? :D:D:D

Actually Ive upgraded from a cardboard cut out to a scale model, sadly I still have to use mouth made noise, which I might add are very life like.

Anyway, back on ya bike.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have an educated guess about what it will mean when the bike is homologated? I understand it will be restricted, but how much? Impossible to know, but do you know of other comparable examples? Are we talking about 10% down in HP or what?

Are other bikes like the ZX10R and Daytona 675 also homologated for selling in Thailand or is there something special about ZX6R?

Does anyone have an educated guess about what it will mean when the bike is homologated? I understand it will be restricted, but how much? Impossible to know, but do you know of other comparable examples? Are we talking about 10% down in HP or what?

Are other bikes like the ZX10R and Daytona 675 also homologated for selling in Thailand or is there something special about ZX6R?

compare California spec to other US spec. Sometimes no difference in power, sometimes a few %. Its not really restricted, there is usually another ECU program, EGR valve and cat to make it run cleaner emmision. Restricted is more like reducing hp to adapt to local hp limit laws or insurance requiremnts.

ZX10R, yes, unfortunetely also restricted on hp since the thai sold units (so far) are sourced from Kwaker Malaysia where there is a hp limit. Check with member "Dunder".

Everything sold officially by Kwaker Thailand is homoleg. Makes it easy to sell from many dealers, cause all they have to do is to pass on the paperwork to local Land Transport Office. Also makes it hasslefree to own, since its readable in the reg book this is an officially central government approved bike.

Triumph I have asked owners to post their reg book to see how its been registered, but so far no reply

compare California spec to other US spec. Sometimes no difference in power, sometimes a few %. Its not really restricted, there is usually another ECU program, EGR valve and cat to make it run cleaner emmision. Restricted is more like reducing hp to adapt to local hp limit laws or insurance requiremnts.

ZX10R, yes, unfortunetely also restricted on hp since the thai sold units (so far) are sourced from Kwaker Malaysia where there is a hp limit. Check with member "Dunder".

Everything sold officially by Kwaker Thailand is homoleg. Makes it easy to sell from many dealers, cause all they have to do is to pass on the paperwork to local Land Transport Office. Also makes it hasslefree to own, since its readable in the reg book this is an officially central government approved bike.

Triumph I have asked owners to post their reg book to see how its been registered, but so far no reply

I wasn't aware that the ZX10's were from Kawasaki Malaysia. Does anyone know if the ZX6R will come from Malaysia as well?

I'm assuming the hp limit on bikes is fixed irrespective of cc? In which case it shouldn't affect the ZX6R as the limit would presumably be higher than the 115 (approx) bhp that the 600 produces?