UPDATED Current Flooded Areas & Forecasts

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8/9/10 check weather here. Thank God no high winds associated with rain prediction.

Biggest problem with no high winds is that the storms tend to stick around longer and dump more rain :(

I take it you've managed to get out of your house by now Rooo?

8/9/10 check weather here. Thank God no high winds associated with rain prediction.

Biggest problem with no high winds is that the storms tend to stick around longer and dump more rain :(

I take it you've managed to get out of your house by now Rooo?

Stocked up on beer& Mama soup, will be marooned again very soon if the predicted rains arrive.

My windsurfing and kite friends told me not to take too seriously Windguru, many times not so accurate.

It was right on last week when it mattered!

I think it's the time span which isn't always accurate. But all weather forecasts are only given a maximum 60% accuracy figure and require

frequent checking, as it's not an exact science.

Sure hope we don't get the winds, as the ground is so sodden & soupy now, we'll see many more trees coming down, due to the weakening already caused by the last heavy rain........ This obviously will hit a few power lines in places and will take time to repair...

Currently & since 8 am here, south of Maenam, it has been heavy to a steady rain .... a few more hours and I'll have lake front property again... :rolleyes:

See my earlier post to find out were to get Sand bags in Maenam area, better to do sooner than later! (it's near Maenam Cheers Resort, towards sea, by the big white Bill board sign, coming into Maenam from Bophut direction, turn right just after the bridge)

I assume there would be other Sand Bagging places around the Island.... ? if anyone knows it might be a good idea to post locations....

Good luck to those in the lower areas!

I have just done the usual daily run Plai Laem, Bang Rak to Tesco and back after this morning's little shower. Out via Bophut - back via the ghost road. Everything was OK.

Usual little floods at Blue Diamond Lodge (ghost road) and Emerald Condo (Soi Tongsai) but these were still around after last week's rain.

The road from Big Buddha to Choengmon might be closed again soon at the BB end.

Edited by Tropicalevo

My windsurfing and kite friends told me not to take too seriously Windguru, many times not so accurate.

at 10am, tuesday 9th, wind guru says wind gusts 28 knots. It is very calm here in bophut no trees moving, its 10 mins, to 10

at 10am, tuesday 9th, wind guru says wind gusts 28 knots. It is very calm here in bophut no trees moving, its 10 mins, to 10

Also had the correct prediction around 4 am., wind & rain ;)

Any heads up on the times of todays drenching?

roo its rainy season, we are always going to get wind and rain.

By the way i hope wind guru is wrong i don,t want to see the same as last week, i hate losing electric