Forum Top Five "pet Hates". What're Yours?

KarenBravo

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People who use apostrophes on plural words e.g. condo's, girl's

Hate really? Do you really hate people who make a grammer mistake even though you completely understand the meaning communicated?

This is exactly WHY i hate it. People who think illiteracy is OK "so long as you understand the meaning".

If they were illiterate how could they write enough to even mispell the word? Or when making a word plural with apostrophe? Don't you think illiterate is an overstatement?

People who continually talk about their own country, and start threads that always lead to talking about their own country.

If their own country is so appealing why do they leave it.

yep, aussies, yanks and brits in that order. Who cares about 3yr old cricket matches or Rugby league scores, how mexican food in california is authentic... and branston pickle back home is only good, cant find a good one here. <deleted> is a branston pickle anyway? Sounds like something you feed to toothless grandmas upcountry instead of that purple root they chew on for months on end.

(for those of you joining the programme already in progress, we have been interviewing posters about their pet pissoffs on here)

We'll start a subforum about Cheezwhizz addiction just for the Canucks. rolleyes.gif

Yes pleeze

And one for clamatoe juice as well

People who take over threads by continually posting one liners in an attempt to prove their funnier than others of the same ilk.

People who continually post one liners in an attempt to build up they're "Like" score.

People who boast about how many "Likes" they have, and who think it means they are the smartest, most popular member on the forum.

People who are already incensed, and ready to go to print, about my misuse of the words "Their and They're" .

People who use the word "ilk" anywhere, anytime.

I hate my pet when it bites me.

You have got a duck?

Did yo post that just to wind up Old Croc?

I gave you a 'like' for it anyway, by the way, like.

Looking forward to seeing you at the Halliwell Jones next week, virtually speaking, by the way. Apparently you glassmen are the only team to have won away there, this season. That'll all change if there's a semifinal played there, though...

SC

I hate my pet when it bites me.

You have got a duck?

Did yo post that just to wind up Old Croc?

I gave you a 'like' for it anyway, by the way, like.

Posted at the same time as Bags, I did consider editing it to add another line, but got distracted by a pesky mosquito.

(Not talking about Rugby, don't want to put a hex on it)

On any forum or anywhere else people writing 'breaks' instead of 'brakes'. How can English speaking self declared car experts get this wrong ?

I agree entirely with no 4, I'm always telling people that we are not guests in this country.

Ok I'll bite!

BUT... this is my 5 pet hates about people/things in Thailand:

1) I am not a tourist.

2) I don't live in a hotel.

3) New Zealand is not in Europe next to Switzerland (for gawds sake!).

4) I don't pay more than the locals (no matter what).

5) I am not going back to New Zealand (as if its any of your business you nosey parker!)

There could be more, but I am too busy picking my nose in front of the computer.

• People who are so inarticulate that they can't be said to have a language, be it a first language or any other kind.
  • People who shake their heads from side to side to confirm they mean yes.
  • Countries where people don't have sex.
  • People who have opinions on everything and expertise in nothing.
  • People who take their toilet bag on holiday then simply use the hotel toilet.

English is not my first l language. Sometimes when I want to make a little bit longer comment I pass because I just don't want to take the risk to be corrected all the time. So for me " the teachers" on the board are not my favorites..

you will probably find they were at the bottom of the heap in their working life. This is their way of feeling like a somebody." look at me, I can spell".

I,d love to expand on my like this but I would fall foul of the no commenting on moderating judgements.

Respect is seemingly going downhill fast for certain members of our forum if certain repetative references on the various threads are anything to go by.

They are certainly not isolated.

By the way there is a very good modern word now referenced in the English dictionary ....

Kidult meaning " an adult behaving like a child." whistling.gif

marshbags rolleyes.gif

same same mate.

1. People who wont get out of the way on the bts trains
  2. Same people who get angry at you when you tell them to move
  3. Same people who still dont move
  4. Same people who looked shocked when I give them a solid shoulder
  5. The guy at the bts who is always in the way trying to hand out newspapers in the morning
  6. 3 people in the bts booth at rush hour but only one change station open
  7. the automated change machines that dont take new coins at the bts, forcing you to endure with number 6

I threw in two bonus answers purely out of boredom.

Edited by bkkjames

• People who take their toilet bag on holiday then simply use the hotel toilet.

Okay this one has me stumped...Somebody please explain

Think he means his toilet bag is to have a dump in. whistling.gif .........................................laugh.png

PS. Shhhhhhhhhhhhh, our Raj has never been on holiday. sad.png