Cbr 500Cc Leaked Pic

greg71

sorry folks, that thing really look like shit for a 500, i was expecting something better. strangely it does not look any better than those dressed up market bikes like yammy fz150 or 125er sport bikes for new learners and it look like a megelli 125r, cheap man version that is.

yamaha-fz150.jpg

megelli-125r-wht.jpg

ignoring the price, performance and everything, would you really want to ride that?

i would rather put in 100 man hours rebuilding the good old nsr250. i would shit my in pants from dry clutch even before hitting the peak in the powerband

07202379.jpg

you are talking about how shitty the 500cc bike is.

We do not even know if it will appear or you never see one or ride one so how can you be sure? Or you are just talking from your ass?smile.png just to talk about shit on something?

And, if you want to rebuild a 30 years old petrol drinker unreliable narrow banded nsr 250, it is your choice of course. But where will you work on it? or find one in good condition?

I never seen a good mechanic here competent enough to restorate one for a "farang" or how much will it cost?

Just be realistic man.

i do have to apologize for talking shit but im only refering to the appearance of the leaked 500cc. look at that, its just pale for a 500cc. i do have to admit its unrealistic in older 2 strokers but there are SOLID mechanics here in restoring old 2 strokers, they are easier to rebuild than 4 strokers. go to 2strokeclub dot com and check out the rebuilt rgv250 and tzr250

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Er6N is about 257K.

For me, 57K is a lot of money.

I don't pretend to know your circumstances, but I disagree. It's only a small amount of money. That being said, I would prefer to keep the 57k myself to spend on other things. The truth is I don't need a new bike, not sure I want a new bike, would rather have the 257k (or 246k)...but have been known to fall in love with a bike so much I have to have it! I guess that's what they call a dill-enema.

$1,845,00 is a small amount of money. really!!. can i have a small loan pleasebiggrin.png

Of course you can. When your in Pattaya I will introduce you to my bank manager. He loves to write up new business.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah it's got two pots, and it has a decent enough look. Now we need a firm price tag. And then a few rounds of rationalizing over the necessity of getting another bike.

Actually I would like to see some reviews too, but I think they will mostly glow.

Edited by canuckamuck

I just came across this on Facebook. Not sure what magazine it is from or if it is even real. It certainly looks nicer the the first spy pics that came out though.

Nice picture of the Honda CBR600RR as it writes under the picture, the two smaller pictures are an artist impression of what a Honda CBR500RR could look like

Sumet, that big picture looks like a mockup to me. Looks like they took a modified CBR 250R picture (from the frame, aftermarket rearsets, and engine cases...look at a picture of the 250 and notice the design element of the water pump sitting in the slotted area below and forward of the crank cover) and photo-chopped a new nose, closed up part of the 'vent hole' in the front fender as the shadowing isn't right, and my personal favourite, have the exhaust headers attached to nothing; the left pipe would not have all that light showing through if there was a cylinder behind it.

I just came across this on Facebook. Not sure what magazine it is from or if it is even real. It certainly looks nicer the the first spy pics that came out though.

Nice picture of the Honda CBR600RR as it writes under the picture, the two smaller pictures are an artist impression of what a Honda CBR500RR could look like

The CBR600RR is a much more attractive bike than this photoshop of the CBr250. Unfortunately I think this lame photoshopped pic is probably quite close to how the bike will look when released, which is a shame...

The CBR600RR is a much more attractive bike than this photoshop of the CBr250. Unfortunately I think this lame photoshopped pic is probably quite close to how the bike will look when released, which is a shame...

The text under the pictures says that they got the idea from the Honda CBR600RR

This pictures is artist impression made by a Thai magazine and isn't from Honda

post-12170-0-41940600-1349699357_thumb.j

If I had to guess I'd even say that the nose on the photoshopped picture was a 2006 or earlier as from '07 onwards Honda put on the psuedo air dam. The wheels appear to be NC700X parts.

I am much more interested in the performance specs...

Sumet, that big picture looks like a mockup to me. Looks like they took a modified CBR 250R picture (from the frame, aftermarket rearsets, and engine cases...look at a picture of the 250 and notice the design element of the water pump sitting in the slotted area below and forward of the crank cover) and photo-chopped a new nose, closed up part of the 'vent hole' in the front fender as the shadowing isn't right, and my personal favourite, have the exhaust headers attached to nothing; the left pipe would not have all that light showing through if there was a cylinder behind it.

Thanks for that, Dave. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was real or not. Thought you guys might want to see it either way though. Good eye as always.

Thanks for that, Dave. Like I said, I wasn't sure if it was real or not. Thought you guys might want to see it either way though. Good eye as always.

Yeah, no problem. I caught the "if it is even real" part and was just giving my opinion. I was always good at those 'what is different games'.

Would be nice if a certain dealer actually had concrete information for us though.whistling.gif

I really dont understand ap hondas marketing over here surely it's better for them to give out release date and specs ,this would surely dent sales to the competition for the next few months while people wait to see what this thing is like.Why does everything have to be a big secret with any Honda release involving 6 months to a year of rumours and speculation all the time giving sales to the competition

Edited by taninthai

The more I think about it the more I don't really see the point of this bike it's seems its not gonna better the er6 or versus and the rest of the world has a huge choice of 600cc sports,tourers and commuter bikes available,so the only thing it has going for it over here is price

The more I think about it the more I don't really see the point of this bike it's seems its not gonna better the er6 or versus and the rest of the world has a huge choice of 600cc sports,tourers and commuter bikes available,so the only thing it has going for it over here is price

I think price is a huge selling factor everywhere.

Whoops - specs for Europe have just leaked (via HFL):

- 470cc liquid-cooled, parallel-twin

- Six-speed manual

- 46.9bhp

- 30lb/ft of torque

- 401lbs (dry)/430lbs (wet)

- 105mph top speed

- 31-inch seat height

- 120/70-17 (front)/160-60-17 (rear)

Hell For Leather is a huge fan of the CBR250, and they think this will be a 500cc version of that - a good little bike that performs better than you'd think considering the specs, and that's also cheap.

The HP figure above is quite possibly restricted as it hits the HP limit for Europe's A2 license tier head on. So quite possibly this can do a little more than that.

Made in Thailand. Good times! biggrin.png

Edited by nikster

it doesn't have to be better...and what is better.. different views for different people.. If it has the same ergo's as the 250 but with more power.. i like it.

- Six-speed manual

- 46.9bhp

- 30lb/ft of torque

- 105mph top speed

- 31-inch seat height

Hell For Leather is a huge fan of the CBR250, and they think this will be a 500cc version of that - a good little bike that performs better than you'd think considering the specs, and that's also cheap.

The HP figure above is quite possibly restricted as it hits the HP limit for Europe's A2 license tier head on. So quite possibly this can do a little more than that.

With 470cc it will not have any benefits from producing it in Thailand, as the BOI benefits start from 500cc (not 499cc)...

- Six-speed manual

- 46.9bhp

- 30lb/ft of torque

- 105mph top speed

- 31-inch seat height

With 470cc it will not have any benefits from producing it in Thailand, as the BOI benefits start from 500cc (not 499cc)...

well .. we will just have to wait and see... maybe they will just take Honda's word for it that its a 500biggrin.png

If the information was leaked by anybody from Honda Europe the specs would be metric (kW and Nm) not in miles, bhp and lb/ft...

The American journalists are to dumb to change them to reflect their market?.....or the source did it already...

If the information was leaked by anybody from Honda Europe the specs would be metric (kW and Nm) not in miles, bhp and lb/ft...

The American journalists are to dumb to change them to reflect their market?.....or the source did it already...

When Honda makes the budget parallel twin a 470cc bike they maybe can also introduce some addtional body-plastics...

post-12170-0-62363100-1349772613_thumb.j

- Six-speed manual

- 46.9bhp

- 30lb/ft of torque

- 105mph top speed

- 31-inch seat height

Not sure I believe that top speed figure. Even with only 46.9 HP it should be able to do a bit more than that... That's around double the HP of the CBR250 and yet only around 20 kph more in top speed, very strange (even when you account for the extra weight)...

Thanks for that link.

I like that they look at specs in a power to weight ratio number

I have always looked at PWR of bikes as an indicator.

That said I cannot help but wonder why Honda & others cannot offer

two versions. Like they did with the CRF250R & L

why not offer a light alum frame as well as more power. But both for street use.

I understand the hp/license limits of some countries but it would be nice to have

the option especially on the frame materials.

I think they assume wrongly that anyone looking at these wants a novice bike

or a cheap bike.

As fuel prices continue upwards I think sportier small displacement bikes could have a niche

Edited by mania

That said I cannot help but wonder why Honda & others cannot offer

two versions. Like they did with the CRF250R & L

They are two completely different bikes, not just different versions.

Yes of course but what I mean is the aggressiveness.

Go ahead & spec one with an alloy frame better suspension, engine with better compression,cams etc.

It too would be a different bike but you could have 2/250 etc street bikes.

This is not new thinking & they have done it before.

Basically a street & RR version

Edited by mania