Buying A Car

Larryst

I've seen a few times automobile dealers in Thailand have sales throughout the year. I haven't talked too much to the sales people recently. But the question I have is. Do farangs have to pay full price for the car or can they purchase it with the down payment & monthly payments? Has anyone purchased a car or truck through the dealership with the monthly installments? Do you have to do it with a corporation or with your own name? Is there any other requirements needed in buying a car or a truck?

Edited by Larryst

I financed my car at the Toyota dealer with their partner finance company. But I have a Thai wife and she had to present property blue book fro her family. So it is not easy.

If you have a Non Imm Visa (better yet, the 1 yr retirement extension)

you still may be able to do it, especially if you put say half down.

Another option is just to rent by the month, but that will cost you about 50% more in monthly payments. But no strings and you can change cars whenever you fancy. 20-30 KTHB/month should be what you will pay. There are cheaper places with prices down in the 15KTHB/mo too.

I didn't have any problems purchasing a car on the old never never.

50% down, no guarantor and work permit it was I needed...company was GE Capital Auto Leasing

EDIT: Forgot to add everything is in my own name

Edited by moonoi